ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

8 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Sounds like alot of fun thanks @iXanon for organising and running. Could I please join and will submit a list this week,

Thank you for the kind words, and yes, of course! ?

7 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I can see I'll need to fix my list by the end of the month as I mistakenly started one of the games :facepalm:

Whoops! Easily done. Hope you have a handy backup.

• Like 2

Don’t know about all of you but I can’t wait for this challenge to start I have a couple of games I really want to play! What’s everyone’s idea on working through your list? Do you start with easy games or hard ones? Are you planning to do the long games first and then the short ones or the other way around? Or are you going to start at A and work your way down to Z?

So far I only need to buy 2 games that are on my list and they’ll most likely go on sale at some point. I’ve sorted my PS3 games in alphabetical order and installed all digital games on there too. I also created a folder on my PS4 with all the digital games installed and ready to start January 1st. 

Edited by neospoon

12 minutes ago, neospoon said:

Don’t know about all of you but I can’t wait for this challenge to start I have a couple of games I really want to play! What’s everyone’s idea on working through your list? Do you start with easy games or hard ones? Are you planning to do the long games first and then the short ones or the other way around? Or are you going to start at A and work your way down to Z?

So far I only need to buy 2 games that are on my list and they’ll most likely go on sale at some point. I’ve sorted my PS3 games in alphabetical order and installed all digital games on there too. I also created a folder on my PS4 with all the digital games installed and ready to start January 1st. 

Holy crap dude you are prepped for this one! I haven't even agreed a list with myself yet LOL!

I have put The Witcher on mine so that will need starting early if I am to finish it in time but I don't expect to complete the list or even get close but its motivation. Depending on what I get at Xmas will decide where I start I think.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, neospoon said:

Don’t know about all of you but I can’t wait for this challenge to start

Yes and no, looking forward to starting some new games and hoping to make a decent start.. but also conscious it'll further distract my efforts away from the backlog challenge, but mind you, trying to finish the remaining 13 games in 11 weeks as an incredibly tall order anyway! ?

30 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Holy crap dude you are prepped for this one! I haven't even agreed a list with myself yet LOL!

I've already loaded all of my list on to my profile, with the exception of Batman: Arkham Asylum as I've loaded and deleted it already and it won't show until I earn a trophy.. ?

Edited by iXanon

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

The only thing I know for sure that I am doing first is J-Star Victory Vs+ since it overlaps with another challenge.  After that, Im not sure.  I've considered Alphabetical, Reverse Alphabetical, spelling my name, but it will probably just end up being what ever I am in the mood for at the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iXanon said:

I've already loaded all of my list on to my profile, with the exception of Batman: Arkham Asylum as I've loaded and deleted it already and it won't show until I earn a trophy.. 1f61d.png

Didn't you technically start the game to get them to appear on the list. The discs have passed the realm of the disc drive ??

7 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Didn't you technically start the game to get them to appear on the list. The discs have passed the realm of the disc drive 1f602.png1f602.png

More so than the other 400 games on my Unstarted list, but I did say much earlier in the thread that people could do this.. ?

• Like 1

Glad to see this event is still going and heavily involved.  I got my PS4 loaded up with all the titles I'm going to start the year with so I'm very excited for Jan. 1st. 

5 hours ago, neospoon said:

I'm going to try to break up my games by month so I'll do updates for each month and then at the end of the month update my overall list.  I was going to run one lengthy game and two easy ones at a time (eg. Sleeping Dogs, Bulb Boy, and Grow Home), but My list has more long titles than short, so I'm thinking about doing two long ones, but one be easier (and more importantly, much different) than the other, and a short one. Several of mine are also going to take the whole year because I'm going to limit how and when I play them (Fallout Shelter, Civilization 2, and Xcom 2 for instance).

Edited by willythom88

Hello @iXanon, I also like to join the competition but have questions regading some of the "game names".

Yes, I read the OP many times but still want to ask and maybe this is also helpfull for others.

To be clear: I don`t want to stack xyz times all TWD games because it will be boring till I am a "Walking Dead" but this helps me to make a list.

Question about game series: Which letter counts? Is the prefix-rule used for this?

(XYZ as placeholder for the actual name)

Spoiler

Assassin's Creed XYZ (Origins, Odyssey, Liberation Remastered, Freedom Cry [Standalone], Rogue Remastered, III Remastered, II, )

Assassin's Creed Chronicles XYZ (All together as one trophy pack and as seperate games: China, India, Russia)

Sword Art Online XYZ (Hollow Realization, Lost Song, Re: Hollow Fragment, Fatal Bullet)

Ys XYZ (VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Memories of Celceta, Origin)

LEGO XYZ

LEGO Harry Potter XYZ

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes XYZ

LEGO Marvel's XYZ

LEGO DC XYZ

LEGO Batman

LEGO Star Wars

Persona XYZ

Tales of XYZ (Berseria)

Dark Souls XYZ (Remastered, 2, 3)

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim XYZ (For different editions of the game like PS3, PS4, VR and so on)

The Walking Dead XYZ (Like without further name, Season 2, Michonne, The Telltale Definitive Series and so on)

Atelier XYZ (Rorona, Tottori, Meruru and so on)

Dragon Age XYZ (2, Inquisition)

Hyperdimension Neptunia XYZ (Like without further name, mk2, Victory)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow XYZ

Uncharted XYZ

Mega Man XYZ

Crash Bandicoot XYZ

Spyro XYZ

Kingdom Hearts XYZ

Thank you for an answer :)

Edited by Geridian
Edited list.

2 hours ago, neospoon said:

Going through 2 of my easier games at the start of the year, then starting Catherine. Then in the middle of it, I'll start another easy game. I'm hoping to finish Catherine in February. Then it's FFVII Remake. That's as far as I gotten. 

I'm nearly set with my list, still need to buy 428 Shibuya and Nightmares from the Deep trilogy from the current sale, after that I'm need to keep a close eye on Ys VIII (don't own) and Valkyria Revolution (own on ps4), since I want to play them on Vita due to my "logistic problem" with the ps4.. 

I didn't marked the "I" and "Z" yet, because I'm not really feeling either.. But for "I", I will likely use "I Am Setsuna", because I already own it and between it and Indigo Profecy, I don't feel either... For "Z", I own Zombie Driver HD, but I want to evaluate (gameplay, 100% difficulty, time to 100%) it and Zenith before I make a final decision.. 

But at this point, I'm quite sure that I will take forever to finish my list, seeing that on top of my list, there's FF8 for my 225th plat and FF7R, P5R and KH3 will likely screwmy chances of completing this.. Seeing the FF cast finely joining KH3 with the new dlc, does make me more inclined to play it.. 

I'd like to join please. I'm hoping this will help motivate me to play games I have been putting off for years. I look forward to regretting adding some these to my trophy list but I'll feel better once they are done.

A Assassin's Creed Chronicles VITA
B Bioshock - PS3
C (the) Council - PS4
D Darksiders - PS4 + Drowning PS4
E Enslaved - PS3
F Friday the 13th - PS4
G (the) Godfather 2 - PS3
H Hitman - PS4
I (LEGO) Indiana Jones 2 EU - PS3
J Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast - PS4
K Knee Deep - PS4
L Life is Strange Before the Storm - PS4 + LEGO DC Super Villains PS4
M Man Vs Wild - PS3
N NCIS - PS3
O Octodad Dadlist Catch - PS4
P Psychonauts - PS4
Q Queen's Quest 3 - PS4
R Risen 2 - PS3
S Scene it? - PS3
T The Amazing Spiderman - VITA
U (SWAP) LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - PS3
V Valley - PS4
W Witcher 3 GOTY - PS4
X X-Men Destiny - PS3
Y Yesterdays Origins - PS4
Z Zombi - PS4

Back-ups : Iron Man 2 - The Technomancer -  LEGO Incredibles

Edited by scarishbal
  • Like 1

Welcome to all of the new participants! We are now more than 40! Make sure you all read the rules concerning the Backup games, the locked list and the required DLC.

On 13/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, Geridian said:

Question about game series: Which letter counts? Is the prefix-rule used for this?

(XYZ as placeholder for the actual name)

Reveal hidden contents

Assassin's Creed XYZ (Origins, Odyssey, Liberation Remastered, Freedom Cry [Standalone], Rogue Remastered, III Remastered, II, )

Assassin's Creed Chronicles XYZ (All together as one trophy pack and as seperate games: China, India, Russia)

Sword Art Online XYZ (Hollow Realization, Lost Song, Re: Hollow Fragment, Fatal Bullet)

Ys XYZ (VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Memories of Celceta, Origin)

LEGO XYZ

LEGO Harry Potter XYZ

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes XYZ

LEGO Marvel's XYZ

LEGO DC XYZ

LEGO Batman

LEGO Star Wars

Persona XYZ

Tales of XYZ (Berseria)

Dark Souls XYZ (Remastered, 2, 3)

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim XYZ (For different editions of the game like PS3, PS4, VR and so on)

The Walking Dead XYZ (Like without further name, Season 2, Michonne, The Telltale Definitive Series and so on)

Atelier XYZ (Rorona, Tottori, Meruru and so on)

Dragon Age XYZ (2, Inquisition)

Hyperdimension Neptunia XYZ (Like without further name, mk2, Victory)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow XYZ

Uncharted XYZ

Mega Man XYZ

Crash Bandicoot XYZ

Spyro XYZ

Kingdom Hearts XYZ

Thank you for an answer :)

I am not Xanon, but I can probably answer your question. 99% of the series you have mentionned would keep their series' name. The ruling is really for series commonly known as something else; for exemple nobody will call their game "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon"; it's known as "Ghost Recon" and would count as a G or T game. The best way to test it is to remove the series name and see if the game is recognizable without it. For Example, I would like to play LEGO Batman 3; that sounds dumb, so it's a necessary series name. The only exception I could see in your list would be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as it's commonly known as Skyrim; I would ok it, but @iXanon is the only person that can do that.

On 13/12/2019 at 0:41 PM, FairyCal said:

@iXanon, I've listed NG under N. I didn't check that before, but I've noticed that english version is called Spirit Hunter: NG. Since I'm not planning to play japanese version, I should change for something else?

I believe that counts under the regional ruling (The Indigo Prophecy / Farenheit clause). Maybe wait for a confirmation just to be 100% sure.

6 hours ago, scarishbal said:

I (LEGO) Indiana Jones 2 EU - PS3

Hi, just did a tiny change to your list as LEGO is part of the name and cannot be removed, so I took 1 of your D games and considered it and Lego Indiana Jones both for a "I" replacement.

• Like 1

Okay I updated my list and this should be the final version of it. I added some games and took some out (not that I won't play the ones I removed but the ones on this list have my interest a bit more).

Games I took out:

Bulletstorm (replaced with Burnout Paradise Remastered since I have that with EA access and I'm more interested in it than Bulletstorm anyways)

Crash Trilogy (nothing against Crash but I have the Council installed already and I think it's likelier to finish it for me than the Crash trilogy. Will get to Crash at another time though.)

Alien Isolation (I haven't seen the movies which I really must fix. Aliens Colonial Marines left me with a poor taste though but I'll get to this too eventually since I hear good things about it.)

Naruto trilogy (haven't seen the anime so I feel like I won't enjoy it as much as I should. Plus, I have a bit of more interest in Nickelodeon Kart Racing and Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent)

Valley (I really just want to play Vampyr and Valkyria Chronicles more but I'm not opposed to re-adding this one before the deadline to finalize it if I'm convinced to)

In any case, looking forward to this!

Edited by flashpool23
Reasons for updated list
  • Like 1

I guess that I can now confirm my impossible list ? 

Anyway, I updated the other post, and I will be also posting the same list on this post to confirm that all games are locked

#: 428: Shibuya Scramble

A: Atelier Meruru

B: Blades of Time 

C: Conception 2
D : Deponia, Chaos in Deponia, Goodbye Deponia, Deponia Doomsday (all 4 required) 

E: Earthlock: Festival of Magic 
F: Faery: Legends Of Avalon

G: The Grand Tour: The Game 
H: HTR+

I: I Am Setsuna

J:Jurasic Park

K: Kick-Ass 2
L: LittleBigPlanet 3
M: My Hero One Justice 
N: Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call, Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (all 3 required) 
O: Our World is Ending 
P: Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight, Persona 4 Dancing All Night (PS4), Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight (all 3 required) 
Q: Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4), Q.U.B.E. 2 (both required) 
R: Republique
S: Sly 2, Sly 3, Sly 4, Sly Mini-games (all 4 required) 
T: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tomb Raider Legend (both required) 
U: Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] 

V: Valkyria Revolution 
W: World End Syndrome

X: X-Blades

Y: Ys VIII

Z: Zenith

Extra stand ins:

Mary Skelter

Atelier Ayesha 

Lollipop Chainsaw

Now, to keep me entertained until 2020, I will work on Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star, Redout (that final championship :(), Primal and Jurasic Park.. Along FF8, Tekken 7 and Gran Turismo Sport.. 

• Like 4

Ok, finally have my list put together...

A - Atelier Totori Plus
B - Baldur's Gate
C - Catherine
D - Dragon's Crown
E - (The) Evil Within
F - Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
G - Gravity Rush Remastered
H - Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
I - Infamous First Light
J - Journey
K - Killer Is Dead
L - Lost Sea
M - Marvel's Spider-Man
N - Nioh
O - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
P - Persona 4 Golden
Q - Queen's Quest 3
R - Record of Agarest War
S - Salt & Sanctuary
T - Torment: Tides of Numenara
U - Unmechanical Extended
V - Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
W - Wasteland 2
X - Xeodrifter
Y - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Z - Zombie Tycoon II 

A few filler titles but most are games I've been meaning to get to and this will start pushing me forward.
  • Like 4

Hi. I'd like to join. Here's my list:

A - Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PS4)

B - Blasting Agent (PS4)

C - Claire (PS4)

D - Detroit Become Human

E - Ether One

F - Flower

G - Grim Famdango Remastered

H - Hitman

I - inFamous

J - Just Ignore Them

K - King Oddball (PS3)

L - The Last of Us Remastered

M - Metal Gear Solid 2

N - Neverend (Vita)

O - Outlast 2

P - Puppeteer

Q - Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

R - Resident Evil 0

S - Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

T - Transformers Devastation

U - Until Dawn

V - Velocity Ultra

W - The Witness

X - Xenon Valkyrie+ 

Y - Yasai Ninja

Z - Zeroptian Invasion (PS4)

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

The new lists coming in are awesome. I see some games we have in common. I've changed my list so many times now. I think I'll need to think it over before I have it changed for the google spreadsheet.

I posted a list and I have totally changed it since lol so I need to post my new one after Xmas.

• Like 1