ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

7 hours ago, iXanon said:

I'm sorry, but you can't make changes at this stage unless it's due to unattainable trophies. This is to remain consistent and fair with everyone. Please continue with your original list.

Okay, no problem.

It's just that I want all my milestone trophies to be platinums and I didn't add them correctly. It's okay to play the games off the new list too as long as I just update the games from the original list for the competition?

9 hours ago, igs63 said:

Little late to the party, but looking forwards to joining in! I'm still building my list but I had a question- sorry if this has already been covered, but what's the status on adding unreleased games to the list? For example, I'm looking forwards to Cyberpunk 2077. I'd probably have that on my list for C unless I can think of something else, would that be ok, since it does have a confirmed release date for 2020? Or should we keep those as backups just in case? 

Welcome! You can technically go for it in both ways. Either in your main list and switching it with a backup game if it dosen't release or put it as a backup and switch it in when it releases. Either way, I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk won't have a major delay, so it should work for your C choice.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 11:55 PM, Redbeard-Rik said:

Here's my list. Not decided on my back ups yet.

#- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday

A- Assassin's creed 2
B- Bully
C- Cat quest 2
D- Dead space 2 (GER)
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr
F- Final fantasy 8
G- God of war (ps3)
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia
J- Jurassic the hunted
K- Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
L- Lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest
M- Mass effect 2
N- Need for speed: Rivals
O- Obduction
P- Paranormal activity: The lost soul
Q- Quest of dungeons
R- Reverie
S- Saw
T- Tales from the borderlands DONE
U- Uncharted: The lost legacy
V- Vampyr
W- Wanted: Weapons of fate
X- X-blades
Y- Yesterday origins
Z- Zerotopian invasion DONE

Finished Tales from the borderlands so that's my 2nd game done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

It's okay to play the games off the new list too as long as I just update the games from the original list for the competition?

It goes without saying you can play other games - I know I will be! - they just won't be included for anything in this challenge.

• Like 1

I finished Titanfall 2 yesterday. The campaign is good, but relatively short. Spent about an hour and a half on Wednesday to get ...Becomes the Master, it's not the hardest time trial I've ever done but it's not easy either. Most of the time in between starting and finishing I spent playing the mp for fun. There's still quite a few people playing it and it's pretty great.

I'm currently playing Infamous, I want to get it done before I start Infamous 2 (the one on my list). So far I've been keeping good track of shards and stunts, so I'm hoping to start Infamous 2 sometime this week.

Letters finished: H, T

• Like 1

Thanks to @ArtikSkarab for the answer to my earlier question. I have put Cyberpunk in but I’ve got some shorter games in my list so I should still have enough time to play this year’s other new releases without risking adding more to the list. Since Cyberpunk’s one of the earlier releases, I’m hoping the trophy list will be ok but worst come to worst I’ll have most of the year to do it.

Picking 26 games seemed simple at first but ended up being quite a daunting task- I placed a few extra challenges on myself by sticking strictly to games with the right letter (no ‘the’s or ‘a’s or numbers in front) and games that had a platinum. 

To cut to the chase, here’s my list:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PS4
Batman (Telltale) PS4
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3
Erica PS4
Fallout 3 PS3
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4
How to Train Your Dragon PS3
Infamous PS3
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS4
K
ingdom Hearts PS4
Late Shift PS4
Minecraft: Story Mode PS4
NieR Automata PS4
Oxenfree PS4
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4
Q.U.B.E 2 PS4
Republique PS4
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4
Trüberbrook PS4
U
nravel PS4
Vampyr PS4
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler PS3
XCOM 2 PS4
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles PS4
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games VITA

Now to cover my bases I’m going to put Claire as a swap for C, just in case something goes wrong with using Cyberpunk.

Otherwise let me know if there are any issues with my list.

I think this is going to be fun!

Edited by igs63
  • Like 1

Interesting looking event. I'd like to sign up.

Here's my list with rarities:

A    Anata no Shikihime Kyoudoutan (PS4)(JP) 16.01%
B    Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)    7.86%
C    Children of Zodiarcs (PS4) 5.26%
D    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) 0.76%
E    Eiyu Denki Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution (VITA)(JP) 31.63%
F    Fallout 4 (PS4) 1.79%
G    Greedfall (PS4) 5.41%
H    Hitman: Contracts (PS3) 11.71%
I    Infamous Second Son (PS4) 29.26%
J    Judge Eyes (PS4)(AS) 13.61%
K    Knack (PS4) 5.61%
L    Lords of the Fallen (PS4) 0.98%
M    Mutant Year Zero (PS4) 1.85%
N    NieR: Automata (PS4) 31.63%
O    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (VITA) 1.36%
P    Prey (PS4) 0.70%
Q    Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (PS4) 8.15%
R    Resident Evil (PS4) 5.45%
S    Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) 3.52%
T    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4) 4.85%
U    Uncanny Valley (PS4) 8.57%
V    Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (VITA)(JP) 8.30%
W    Wasteland 2 (PS4) 1.92%
X    X-Blades (PS3) 18.23%
Y    Ys: Memories of Celceta (VITA)(AS) 17.00%
Z    Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (PS4)(JP) 11.10%

Except otherwise specified, games are NA region.

• Like 1

@ArtikSkarab i just realized i forgot to add the console

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)
Clouds & Sheep 2 (PS4)
Darksiders Warmastered edition (PS4)
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (PS4)
Flower (PS3)
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Ico (PS3)

Joe Dever´s Lone Wolf (PS4)
Knack (PS4)
Lego City Undercover (PS4)
Machinarium (PS3)
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart (PS4)
Okage: Shadow King (PS4)
Proteus (PS3)
Q*bert Rebooted (PS4)
Rain (PS3)
Sly 3 (PS3)
The Raven Remastered (PS4)
Until Dawn (PS4)
Vampyr (PS4)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
Xcom 2(PS4)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Zack Zero (PS3)

Sorry about that.

Edited by xX_JMPT_Xx
  • Like 1

Weekly Update: 13 Jan

Still no games complete. I have one trophy left to complete in Escape Plan and it’s kicking my butt. It’s a DLC trophy where I have to complete  2 challenges with an A+ rating meaning I need to go fast with minimal directional inputs. They’re 5-6 levels a piece and if you die you have to start over. 

Sooo I’m taking a break from that. I just started Ghost Recon Breakpoint last night. I had no idea it was a Division clone. Seems a tad overwhelming but I enjoyed the few hours I played it!

• Like 1

Update on my behalf: 2 more completed games (Copied my impressions from the Resolution challenge).

Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered :platinum:

While it's extremely apparent that this was just reuising the engine of Black Flag to put out a final game on the older generations while Unity was released on newer consoles, I really enjoyed my time through. It feels weird to go back to an older style AC game after going through Origins and starting Odyssey, but it felt almost nostalgic in a way. The story premise is extremely interesting; we finally get to see the Templar's side of the coin. Unfortunately, there isn't enough content to satisfy my expectations. The defection to the Templars could have taken a bit longer and there isn't enough debate on Shay's actions. Does he feel regret, rage or apathy? There just isn't enough story to really dig deep.

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3) :platinum:

I have really conflicted feelings about this game. In the positive department, it's pretty quirky, has pretty good set pieces and dosen't have that much moon logic. On the other hand, we're thrown into an established universe without backstory or recaps to explain people and their connections. Especially since the 1st game was PC-only and all of the main characters have baggage from their first adventure. It's still a fun time to go through... with a walkthrough.

Did a big check-up on the spreadsheet; everyone should be up to date! It's great to already see so many games completed and we are only 2 weeks in. Fun fact: nobody completed games for either R or X; everything else has at least 1 completed game.

19 hours ago, igs63 said:

Please also let me know if my G and S entries are okay, as I have already started both of those games prior to officially entering the event but not before the start of 2020 (at that time I didn’t know I was going to join this event!).

I'll tag @iXanon for his confirmation, but I think it should be okay.

• Like 4

Update Week 2:

B: Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - 17% -> 44%

W: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ->3%

Have the campaign about halfway done for Battlefront 2, and then about half of the multiplayer trophies. Plan to get the campaign done this week and then just do most of my grinding on Wednesday's for the double XP, that way I can free up my time to do a few of the less time consuming games on my list. I actually am enjoying this game more than I thought I would and the grind isn't crazy. There is one trophy that might prove difficult but we will see. 

Finished the prologue for Witcher 3, that game is going to be a beast but so far so good. As I am trying to level up before going through a lot of the campaign, not too many trophies earned. Don't really feel like its a game you just blast through so I will continue to play it alongside others.

Even though no completions yet, happy with the progress made so far. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, igs63 said:

Please also let me know if my G and S entries are okay, as I have already started both of those games prior to officially entering the event but not before the start of 2020 (at that time I didn’t know I was going to join this event!).

17 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I'll tag @iXanon for his confirmation, but I think it should be okay.

I'm going to have to say no, as another participant asked by PM and I said no to them. Sorry!

In hindsight I should have probably allowed it, but consistency is key.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iXanon said:

I'm going to have to say no, as another participant asked by PM and I said no to them. Sorry!

In hindsight I should have probably allowed it, but consistency is key.

I would say I understand, but I feel as though it shouldn't have been an issue as the only restriction in the rules is that the games should not have been started before 1st Jan 2020, which they weren't... but no matter. I guess it's good that you're being consistent across the board.

Luckily the backlog is big, and particularly with a letter like S, I'm spoilt for choice haha. So I'll put in Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4 for S and Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 for G.

• Like 1

@igs63 I think it was because of this post, and the feeling that late participants could potentially gain an unfair advantage.

Also the rules do state "You MUST commit to a list prior to starting the event"

As I say, in hindsight I'd have probably allowed it. Most likely something that can be reviewed should the event run again.

6 minutes ago, iXanon said:

@igs63 I think it was because of this post, and the feeling that late participants could potentially gain an unfair advantage.

Also the rules do state "You MUST commit to a list prior to starting the event"

As I say, in hindsight I'd have probably allowed it. Most likely something that can be reviewed should the event run again.

Yeah fair, it's all good, didn't mean to have a go or anything, as I said I had plenty of other choices for those letters anyway.

If I had to say one thing I'd also say it's worth considering the disadvantage it places on the latecomers (rather than being an advantage). Since the event officially kicks off the 1st and if you join late but can't use games you've started you lose that time (as an example I lose 2 weeks off the event because I only discovered and joined the event a few days ago, whereas others have had that time to complete whole games). I just don't see how it becomes an unfair advantage in this instance, when we all still have that restriction of committing to the single list.

Overall it's no biggie, there's no monetary prize so it's not all as major and it's all for fun, meaning no need to fight over rules haha. Thanks again for organising this one, not only will earning 26 platinums (hopefully) in a single year mean I'll have earned half the number of my current platinums in half the time, but I'll also finally be able to join the A-Z platinum club :) 

• Like 1

Week 2 update:

Not really much to report, got started on Dragon Quest builders but spent way to long making the 'perfect base' and not really getting any trophies!

Also did the first chapter of Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. Seems pretty good, obviously very similar to the first game. Fingers crossed the ending will be better!

5 minutes ago, igs63 said:

Yeah fair, it's all good, didn't mean to have a go or anything, as I said I had plenty of other choices for those letters anyway.

If I had to say one thing I'd also say it's worth considering the disadvantage it places on the latecomers (rather than being an advantage). Since the event officially kicks off the 1st and if you join late but can't use games you've started you lose that time (as an example I lose 2 weeks off the event because I only discovered and joined the event a few days ago, whereas others have had that time to complete whole games). I just don't see how it becomes an unfair advantage in this instance, when we all still have that restriction of committing to the single list.

Overall it's no biggie, there's no monetary prize so it's not all as major and it's all for fun, meaning no need to fight over rules haha. Thanks again for organising this one, not only will earning 26 platinums (hopefully) in a single year mean I'll have earned half the number of my current platinums in half the time, but I'll also finally be able to join the A-Z platinum club :) 

Absolutely, I didn't intend to come across aggressive or anything - apologies if you felt that ?

It's all a learning curve, but I think the rules were written as such because sign-ups were open since August (so not many late sign-ups were expected).

Good luck in your quest!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iXanon said:

Absolutely, I didn't intend to come across aggressive or anything - apologies if you felt that ?

It's all a learning curve, but I think the rules were written as such because sign-ups were open since August (so not many late sign-ups were expected).

Good luck in your quest!

Not at all! And yeah, understandable, I am admittedly glad signups were still open so that I even had the opportunity to join in. Thanks! :)

• Like 2

Just a quick update to keep me active in this.  I'm about halfway through sleeping dogs story, I'm going to probably wrap it up then run through everything else in a day or two.  Bulb Boy has been relegated to the back burner for a later month cause I just cannot deal with the buggyness right now (getting enough of that in Sleeping Dogs).  Then last weekend of the month I'll knock out Oxenfree in preparation for next months twofer.

• Like 1

Hi, I'd like to sign up, all games should be PS4 and in the EU region ?

A Assassin’s Creed Origins 

B Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel 

C Crash Bandicoot 3

D Days Gone 

E Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

F Far Cry Primal

G God of War 3 Remastered 

H Here They Lie

I Infamous First Light 

J Jedi Fallen Order (Star Wars)

K Kingdom Hearts 3

L Life is Strange 2