ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

My first properly Update:

XBlaze Code Embryo is my first finished Game, also started World of Final Fantasy and Persona 5.

Spoiler

A A Plague's Tale: Innocence PS4 0%
B Beyond Two Souls PS4 0%
C Code Vein PS4 0%
D Disgaea 5 PS4 0%
E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4 0%
F Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 0%
G God Eater Resurrection PS4 / Vita 0%
H Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 0%
I Infamous PS3 0%
J Journey PS3 0%
K Kingdom Hearts PS4 0%
L Lost Dimension VITA 0%
M Marvels Spider-Man PS4 0%
N Nier Automata PS4 0%
O One Piece: Burning Blood VITA 0%
P Persona 5 PS4 23%
Q Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past PS4 0%
R Rune Factory: Ocean PS3 0%
S Steins;Gate Elite PS4 0%
T Tales of Arise PS4 0%
U Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered PS4 0%
V Valkyrie Chronicle PS4 0%
W World of Final Fantasy PS4/VITA 17%
X XBlaze Code: Embryo  VITA 100%
Y Yakuza 0 PS4 0%
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games  VITA 0%

• Like 3

I have completed my 3rd game with Subnautica. I really enjoyed this game. Yeah it has some bugs and frame rate issues later on but it never froze or crashed once and the game is amazing otherwise so I'm not gonna complain. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves survival or crafting/building games.

I've also started on one of my longer games with Horizon Zero Dawn which is at 14%. 

Letters completed: F, S, V (3 games down, 28 to go)

• Like 4

Count me in! Here's my list:

A - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
B - Batman: The Enemy Within
C - Child of Light (PS3)
D - Destroy All Humans!
E - Erica
F - Far Cry Primal
G - Gravity Rush Remastered
H - Horizon Chase Turbo
I - Infamous: Festival of Blood
J - Journey (PS3)
K - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep
L - Life Is Strange 2
M - Mafia III
N - Nihilumbra
O - OnRush
P - Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones
Q - Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
R - Ratchet & Clank
S - Submersed
T - Type: Rider (PSVita)
U - Until Dawn
V - (The) Vanishing of Ethan Carter
W - (The) Wolf Among Us
X - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [SWAP]
Y - YS Origins
Z  - Zombie Driver HD

Backup Game #1: Flow (PSVita)

Backup Game #2: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Backup Game #3: The Witness

• Like 2

I got distracted by MHW, so I only just finished my Good playthrough for Infamous. I still want to finish it before I tackle 2, so Evil playthrough is next. Luckily I got most of the extra stuff already out of the way. I also started Papers, Please. I'm on Day 18 and it's quite an enjoyable game so far.

Letters finished: H, T

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, insainraven said:

Yeah but But I started dreaming about it and when you're dreaming about Catherine you definitely need a break.

Welcome to the club ? 

When the game first released, I was playing so much the I ended up dreaming with stuff relayed to lvl9 or 10... Really messed up...

Still, that's some good progress for you! I never managed to clear any of the Babel towers (not finish the game on hard, but that's a bit of laziness from my part..). 

The Wind Was Perfect

This week I completed a total of zero games. I was planning on taking a week or two off to complete Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory but I got distracted by Just Cause 3. I shifted my focus to Just Cause but then I decided to focus on Everybody's Golf. I have been playing Everybody's Golf for a couple hours everyday since the event started but this week I really got into it.

Everybody's Golf is a game where you play golf. I play this game first thing in the morning to win a daily revenge match. It usually takes me few tries. I was waiting for the fisherman guy to challenge me so I would earn the right to use better bait when fishing. I needed the better bait to catch rare fish. Rare fish have a chance of giving you a rare golf ball that makes it easy to hit the ball perfectly. I needed the special ball to make my condor attempts more consistent (the ball is technically optional but I suck). A condor is getting a hole-in-one on a par 5 hole. It's borderline impossible to hit the ball far enough to even get close to the hole on a par 5 hole. There are 3 holes that I know of where a condor is possible but you need a golf club forged by drawfven gods, 3 course conditions to be set just right, the wind to cooperate, a degree in theoretical physics and a whole lot of luck. The conditions were right and I had everything I needed (a theoretical degree in physics is just as good) to attempt a condor so I did that for a day. It was a nightmare to pull off. 80% of attempts ended in shots that were not even remotely close to getting in the hole. Even if you set up everything correctly, RNG will screw you over. Eventually, a miracle shot happened and I got a condor. It felt great until I remembered you have to get 3 condors to earn another trophy. The second one was as difficult as the first but the third one didn't take long. 

I'm almost done with Everybody's Golf. I have 1 secret character left to beat, another hundred tournament characters to collect and a weeks worth of revenge matches to win after I wake up early in the morning from Catherine related nightmares. I'm kidding about the Catherine nightmares part. I just wanted to be part of the conversation. I haven't played Catherine and don't plan on it since the block based puzzles don't look very fun.

I also played a block based puzzle game called Infinifactory this week. I only intended to play the game for a hour or two but it turned into about 8 and my walls are now covered in complex equations. In Infinifactory, you turn a bunch of blocks on one side of the level, into a chair or ballistic missle or something. You can't use your hands to build the object, you have to build a factory with a bunch of conveyor belts, welders, pushers, sensors and other stuff. The game is very relaxing but a single puzzle can take hours to solve. The game will pretty much leave you alone and let you figure out everything yourself. You get a basic tutorial stage to learn the controls and you get a picture showing you how the new factory piece works when you unlock a new piece. I'm currently have 75% percent of the trophies but I'm terrified about the last few because I'm at the end of the game, I think, and the trophies I already earned were not easy. 

My full game list is in the spoiler tag at the end. 

Spoiler

The Unofficial Official Event Progress Tracker
If a game is green, it's 100% complete.
If a game is any other colour, it's not finished.

198X (PS4)
A Rose in the Twilight (Vita)
Broforce (PS4)

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online  (PS4)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS4)
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita)
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)
Infinifactory (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Jet Set Radio (Vita)
King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)
L.A. Noire (PS4)
Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)
Ninja Pizza Girl (PS4)
Nekopara Vol. 3 (PS4)  
Oddworld New 'n Tasty (PS4) 
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4) 
Psychonauts (PS4) 
Quest of Dungeons (PS4)
Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Riddled Corpses EX (Vita)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) 
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
Spyro the Dragon (PS4)  
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4) 
Spyro 3 : Year of the Dragon (PS4) 
Trinity Universe (PS3) 
Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4) 
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4) 
Uncanny Valley (PS4) 
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)  
WILL: A Wonderful World (PS4) 
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS4) 
Xeodrifter (PS4) 
Yomawari: Night Alone (Vita) 
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Vita)
Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition (PS3)   
+ Persona 3 FES but it doesn't really count since it doesn't have a trophy list.

• Like 4

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

Spoiler

Alien Isolation

Batman: Arkham City

Call of Duty Classic

Darksiders 2

Energy Invasion

Far Cry 2

God of War (PS4)

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Jak II

Kingdom Hearts

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

Mad Max

Need For Speed: Undercover

Outlast

Prince of Persia

Q*Bert Rebooted

Resogun

Sonic Generations

The End is Nigh

Unravel

Vampyre

Worms 2: Armageddon

X-Men

Yakuza

Zombi

Alien: Isolation - Great game except for the irratatingly endless loading screens and the fact that it crashed half the time when I tried reloading my save. Still well worth playing though, great horror game! Maybe the PS4 version is better?

Edited by HOGIE838IRE
  • Like 4

Update - Week 3

Sadly no time to play this week, so nothing has changed. I have however updated the original post to improve the formatting and to add a link to my tracking spreadsheet.

This weekend should be quiet so looking forward to hammering out some progress!

Also, I know the regions and platforms were requested, so I've added those as well.

Edited by FreeSpark22

I would like to join the event. Will be working on my list till the end of Jan. 

THE List

A Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3)
B Bioshock (PS4) (?)
C Crash Bandicoot (PS4)
D Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)
E Everybody's gone to the Rapture(PS4)
F Firewatch
G God of War II (PS3)
H Heavy Rain (PS4)
I Inside (PS4)
J Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
K <=> Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
L Life is Strange 2 (PS4)
M Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
O Okami (PS$)
P Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4)
Q <=> 198X (PS4)

+ Deponia (PS4)
Rime (PS4)
S Spyro the Dragon (PS4)
T The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
U Undertale (PS4)
V Vampyr
W (the) Witcher 3 (PS4)
X <=> Little Nightmares (PS4)

+ Hue (PS4)
Y Yakuza 0 (PS4)
Z <=> Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)

+ Soma(PS4)

Back Ups:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4)

TombRaider (PS4)

Cyberpunk 2077

*List is now finished* @iXanon

Edited by DreamingSnoozles
finished the list for the challenge
  • Like 2

Two more games to report in.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven was a pretty decent game to go through. While it didn't control as well as I'd hoped, it had great character variety, a better than average original storyline and actually made me interested in learning more about this franchise. Overall, I consider this a good time.

I am conflicted about my time with 11-11: Memories Retold. As a standalone game, it's written pretty well, has a striking art style and shows a pretty good view of the end of the Great War and Armistice Day. But, as a follow=up to Valiant Hearts, I felt that it was a weaker 'game' with a stronger story as more focus was put on the characters than the world. Still, it's a really good experience.

12 hours ago, DreamingSnoozles said:

I would like to join the event. Will be working on my list till the end of Jan. 

THE List

K <=> The Last of Us remastered (PS4)
T The Last of Us Rematered (PS4)

Welcome Dreaming. There appears to be an error on your list. You have The Last of Us Remastered entered twice.

• Like 4

L029ed0.png

N Game Completion (2 of 2)

Remember all those cartoons you watched as a child? Specifically Rugrats, TMNT, Spongebob Squarepants, and Hey Arnold? Remember how large of a cast these shows had? Great! Let's pick around 3 characters from each and call it a day. The four turtles (Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo) take up.... well four spots. Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy all take up three. Arnold and Helga two. Tommy, Angelica, and Reptar (yes the dinosaur itself) take up three. Those are all the characters in this game. Now if you like these characters it's at least something for you to play....but each character is mute. Meaning they have no audio but about three different lines of text during the races depending on how it goes. Powerups are slightly unbalanced as if you are at the end, you get about triple of a weapon or a boost that carries you to first if you're close enough or an attack that tracks the character in the lead. Sound like a lesser Mario Kart? It really is. 

However, even with all the (personal) issues I had with it, the game plays well enough. Tracks are various as are power ups, though having to do three playthroughs of the cups (once at each difficulty) lessens the fun of it by the end. I'm positive I'm not the target audience after having done the plat and it's why I don't recommend it unless you either: have a young sibling or kid to play this game with or have it played by, want an easy enough plat, have no better racing kart game alternative, or just genuinely want something with a favorite cartoon character of yours. Or even something like I don't know..... need a N game for an ABC community event? 

In the end, I'm glad to be finished with it as the trophy images and text are at least some I enjoy. I'll probably link this to my original list post since I don't want to clutter this any more than it has to be. N games done.

• Like 3

On 12/6/2019 at 4:03 AM, Slugger_VII said:

:bronze: - Beaten

:gold: - 100% Achieved 

:platinum: - Platinum Achieved 

My List: 

Amnesia Collection 

Bioshock(PS4)

Control

Detroit Become Human

Escape Plan (Vita) => 89% :bronze:

From Dust (PS3)

Ghost Recon Breakpoint => 5%

Hotline Miami 2

Injustice 2

Judgement => 1%

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Last Guardian

Mass Effect Andromeda

Nioh

Okami (PS3)

Psychonauts

Q (Swap) Mortal Kombat 11 => 8%

Resident Evil 0

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order => 100%:platinum:

The Talos Principle

Unravel Two

Vessel (PS3)

Wipeout Omega Collection

Xblaze Lost Memories

Yakuza Kiwami 2 

Zombie Driver HD

My backups are going to be stuff I haven’t gotten around to but have wanted to.

- Kingdom Come Deliverance

- Dragon Age Inquisition

- Danganronpa 3 

My first completed game is in the books with Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Overall I enjoyed the game a ton. I’ve seen a lot of guides talk about how rough the collectible hunting is and some even recommended not to grab any on the way through the story. I don’t think I can recommend that at all, some of the planets I had to cleanup went super fast because I had done a good job hunting my first time through.

The combat was super satisfying and gave me God of War/Dark Souls vibes. I liked collecting stuff and listening/reading about lore. The graphics were beautiful on my base PS4 and it seems like a lot of bugs have been patched out because the game ran smooth as butter for me. I think Respawn did a fantastic job with the IP and I hope we see more Star Wars from them in the future!  

With January soon coming to a close I’m starting to think it’s unrealistic that I’ll come even close to finishing my list. I like having something to work towards but I’m such a Dead by Daylight junkie right now that my little game time is spent mostly playing that. I’ll keep trying anyway and update my progress as I go!

• Like 3