ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

On 3/2/2020 at 1:42 PM, Andrea9281 said:

Have been busier than usual for the last week so the progress has slowed a bit compared to previously. The only game I actually played in this time was Killzone, which I've moved from 0 all the way to 41%. I've completed the entirety of the co-op and about half of the first campaign playthrough, and have also finished the weapon grinding in multiplayer. Some of the ability grinding in MP looks to be a proper pain though so it will probably be a slow process of doing it off and on throughout the month.

My goals for the coming week are to hopefully be able to set up boost sessions for games on the list I've not yet started, finish Killzone's campaign, and make a push towards finishing GTA IV's story.

Do you have a partner for the supply box ability in Killzone? If not let me know, I’m nearly done with weapons and will be tackling the abilities over the weekend.

Well, time for my weekly update, or rather, non-update ? 

I have essentially been working on clearing some games that I started last year or earlier, so, no progress for this event.. 

Next week (well, tomorrow), I should start Sly 2, but doubt that I will plat it (I'm soon also entering a "no-platinum earned" phase, so it's unlikely for me to get a lot done soon..) 

• Like 2

Update - Week 5 (a little late!)

Over the weekend I started and completed South Park: The Stick of Truth.

I must admit I had a lot of fun with this one! As a fan of the show and its very 'odd' (meaning sick and twisted) sense of humour, some of the references and jokes were really on point.

I'd reccomend this to anyone who likes the show. If you don't...then clearly avoid this!

The game mechanics are pretty simple and overall pretty easy. The 'difficulty' (if you can even call it that) for the platinum is keeping track of the many missables to avoid having to play through again.

Overall, definitely enjoyable and I'm looking forward to playing the sequel at some point soon.

Original post has been updated with new %s.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

Update #1

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - The modern Deus Ex games are some of my favorites (even though the classic first game in the series has never really clicked with me). I bought this game when it came out on Steam in 2016 and was surprised at how much of the various levels I still remembered. This was my first time playing any of the DLC or the game's infamous Breach mode. The DLC were both short and didn't make much of an impact on me as they were more or less inconsequential side stories. Breach mode was an unnecessary time sink but not as bad as I'd feared. Overall it's not quite as good as Human Revolutions but still very good. It's a shame that the third game in the trilogy is probably never going to happen.

Resident Evil - I hadn't realized before starting this that it was a remaster of the GameCube remake. So it took me a little while to adjust my expectations a bit. I had briefly played the PS1 original a decade or so ago but quickly dropped it because of the terrible controls, so at least those were gone. Otherwise, it was good to finally play through a "real" Resident Evil game (I've played VII but that was quite a reinvention). The trophy guides for the game were intimidating as they seem to presume the reader has a fair amount of familiarity with the game but once I'd gotten a few playthroughs down, I really enjoyed it.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Like Deus Ex, this was another game that I had played years ago on the PC. Not being able to use mods was unfortunate, but I have to say that it ran and looked much better on PS4 than I was expecting. The many loading screens were pretty short and not really that irritating. It was pretty much what I remembered: a typical Bethesda RPG with an expansive, but shallow, world.

Uncanny Valley - This... was a game, I guess? It was very short and didn't leave any real impression on me.

My complete list:

Hide contents

Anata no Shikihime Kyoudoutan
Beyond: Two Souls
Children of Zodiarcs
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Eiyu Denki Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution
Fallout 4
Greedfall
Hitman: Contracts
Infamous Second Son
Judge Eyes
Knack
Lords of the Fallen
Mutant Year Zero
NieR: Automata
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Prey
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
Resident Evil
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Uncanny Valley

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
Wasteland 2
X-Blades
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning

I feel the same about Deus Ex, finished story recently and now doing Breach. It's so pointless and you can clearly see it was made for microtransactions/lootboxes.

A least there is energy glitch which makes it easier

• Like 1

Completed my 4th game with Horizon Zero Dawn. Really enjoyed this game, I don't know why it took me so long to get around to playing it. I didn't even mind having to to a NG+ Ultra Hard run and I normally hate having to do multiple play throughs of any game. I'm not sure what I'm gonna play next, probably Detroit Become Human or AC Revelations. I also want to work on some of my remaining Driveclub trophies for the Attack on Completion event since I haven't really made much progress in that yet.

Letters Complete: F, H, S, V (4 down, 27 to go)

Spoiler

A - Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

B - Bioshock Infinite (PS4)

C - (Swap) Detroit Become Human

D - Dragon Quest XI

E - Evoland

F - Far Cry New Dawn - Complete

G - God of War (PS4)

H - Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete 

I - Impact Winter

J - Just Cause 3

K - Kingdom Hearts (PS4)

L - Lost Sphere (PS4)

M - Mad Max

N - Ni No Kuni II

O - (Swap x2) Dragon Age II & Dragon Age Inquisition

P - Planetbase

Q - (Swap x2) Darksiders II (PS4) & Darksiders III

R - Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

S - Subnautica - Complete

T - The Flame In The Flood

U - Uncharted Collection x3 games (PS4) 

V - Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story - Complete

W - World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

X - (Swap x2) Distrust & Earthlock

Y - Yakuza 0

Z - Zombi

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Midnight Shadows also demanded I turn off all the lights and only focus on the screen before it let me play the game; it caught my attention so I wanted to play that game first.

You got my curiousity with this.

Is it actual in game mechanic? Like it not gonna work at all if it's not dark around?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brejdak93 said:

You got my curiousity with this.

Is it actual in game mechanic? Like it not gonna work at all if it's not dark around?

It's not a game mechanic as far as I'm aware. You just get a few text boxes when the game boots up for the first time and you need to select yes before you're allowed to play the game. 

It's been a while since I posted an update and completed 2 games since last time.

Torchlight 2 was really fun to go through. As a fan of dungeon-crawlers, it's a really good game. Good locales and good variety of skills, but the controls felt slightly unresponsive which lead to some Hardcore deaths (which thankfully were reversible through cloud saves). Also, the level 100 grind is pretty boring, though not as boring as the Adventure grind in Diablo 3.

God of War 2 was fun to go through, especially since you're able to go through the game on Easy. The only annoyance was with the Challenge of the Gods section, but it was pretty short at least.

Next game will probably be FF7, and on that subject, does anyone have a guide/walkthrough recommendation? I looked around, but didn't find anything really well written out.

Also, spreadsheet updated. Please make sure that everything is in order on your sheet.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Next game will probably be FF7, and on that subject, does anyone have a guide/walkthrough recommendation? I looked around, but didn't find anything really well written out.

Hi ArtikSkarab, finished good old FF7 two days before as part of this challenge and used this walkthrough on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/71240

==> The HTML design is great for browsing through the guide to find the information you need.

- Also I can recommend to put some time into farming enemy skills and getting the optional Ford Condor battles done >> You don't need both things for trophies but it makes the experience more complete and some enemy skills are just too good to not get them!
- Maybe also use a world map like this one: http://www.ffwa.eu/ff7/map.php and some random stuff on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs

+++++++++++++++++++++++

And now it is time for my new update:

Letters complete: D F P Q X

Final Fantasy VII is done.

• I really enjoyed playing this classic RPG before the Remake comes out.
  • Also my girlfriend and I decided to get more out of the FF VII compilation before the Remake arrives, so we will be playing Crisis Core, see the Last Order anime, watch the Advent Children movie and maybe will get to Dirge of Cerberus.

See spoiler for list of my challenge games:

Spoiler

A Assassin's Creed Origins [PS4] 100% AVG : 6.92% [LINK]

B BACK TO THE FUTURE [PS3] [DISC] 100% AVG: 50.72% [LINK]

C Concrete Genie [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.59% [LINK]

Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Vita] 100% AVG: 38.17% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 07.02.2020 1f4af.png 07.02.2020

E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture [PS4] 100% AVG: 17.84% [LINK]

F FINAL FANTASY VII [PS4] 100% AVG: 24.16% [LINK==> 25b6.png 01.01.2020 1f4af.png :platinum: 13.02.2020

G GAME OF THRONES [PS3] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.52% [LINK]

H HELLBLADE SENUA'S SACRIFICE [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 40.4% [LINK]

I I Am Alive [PS3] 100% AVG: 5.21% [LINK]

J Journey [PS3] 100% AVG: 16.05% [LINK]

K KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.87% [LINK]

L LEGO Legend of Chima [Vita] 100% AVG: 49.44% [LINK]

M Moss [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 6.25% [LINK]

N Never Alone [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 33.76% [LINK]

O Onrush [PS4] 100% AVG: 9.82% [LINK]

P Puzzle Agent (Nelson Tethers:) [PS3] 100% AVG: 38.77% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 11.01.2020 1f4af.png 11.01.2020

Q Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut [PS3] 100% AVG: 13.28% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 02.01.2020 1f4af.png 02.01.2020

R Risen 3: Titan Lords [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.25% [LINK]

S Sword Art Online: Re Hollow Fragment [PS4] 100% AVG: 1.57% [LINK]

T The Council [PS4] 100% AVG: 31.51% [LINK]

U Until Dawn [PS4] 100% AVG: 18.67% [LINK]

V Valiant Hearts: The Great War [PS4] 100% AVG: 11.04% [LINK]

W World of Final Fantasy [PS4] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK]

Xeodrifter [Vita] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK==> 25b6.png 08.02.2020 1f4af.png 08.02.2020

Y Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 17.7% [LINK]

Z Zone of the Enders HD Edition [PS3] 100% AVG: 11.32%  [LINK]

Backup:

A Atomic Ninjas [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.61% [LINK]
M Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 [PS4] 100% AVG: 21.07% [LINK]

W Windstorm [PS4] 100% AVG: 55.87% [LINK]

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 3

Assassins Creed Unity

Borderlands 2

Control

Darksiders 2
Evil Within
Far Cry New Dawn
God of War  14th February 2020
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Infinite Warfare
Just Cause 3
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange 2
Middle Earth Shadow of War

Nioh
Outlast
Prey
Q - Spyro

Resident Evil 7
Styx: Master of Shadows
Tearaway Unfolded
Uncharted: The Lost legacy
Vampyr
Witcher 3
X - Spyro 2 & 3 (additional)
Yakuza 0
Zombie Army Trilogy

1st game ticked off for me, God of War and what a game that is!! Assassins Creed Unity has been started as well. Still tidying up things from other events until March so likely more progress after that.

• Like 4