ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I just finished this one myself.  I agree on all points!  The 2 'skill' trophies were annoying, but luckily I didn't burst any blood vessels trying to get them.  The time I finally didn't get hit on the last one looked just like every previous try except they either didn't shoot or missed me.  Totally random.  As for the iron rom trophy, I found that going to the menu at all messed up how the dialogue skip worked until the next chapter was loaded, so I avoided the menu at nearly all costs (did the first recommended save backup, then didn't touch it again until I finished and got the trophy).  And the password one was annoying, but I read in a guide that you just have to keep mashing the button until it registers, took me about 5-10 presses per character.  Annoying, but doable.  But it happened on every playthrough, even iron rom, so I can imagine that being a deal breaker for someone who doesn't know you can mash X for the win.  I actually ran into the dialogue skip bug (where you can't press any buttons and have to reload) in my Home in the beginning of the first playthrough, maybe 10 minutes into starting the game the first time.  I thought that might be a bad omen, but luckily it never happened again, though I did make a point of only skipping a few lines at a time from that point on.  I read a lot about crashes and slow downs in this game, and I definitely experienced some wonkiness on my first playthrough as I was doing everything and going out of my way for all the 'collectible' trophies.  But a good close of the game application and restart cleared that up every time.  So when I went to start my iron rom playthrough, I made a point of closing the app and restarting it first, to give myself enough time to get through it without risking a crash or some other trophy-nullifyinh bug.

I did enjoy the game, though.  It's just very indie in a lot of ways, and the incredibly obvious Lee and Clem VO duo ruined the immersion for me once I realized it was them.  I mean, Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutcheson are fine, but they will always be TWD characters for me now.  Didn't help that Turing felt like a rehash of Gortys, and of course sounded the exact same.  Oh, and yeah, the villain was super obvious if you're paying any attention to the story.  They stick out like a sore thumb once you meet them.  I spent a good 3-4 hours just waiting for their 'reveal', only to not be surprised in the least when it came, lol.

Congrats on that plat as well! Haha

Yeah that last skill one was too random. I had some tries have more enemies than other tries too! It was just inconsistent but thankfully wasn't impossible. Honestly, I forgot to mention it but the most annoying part to me was the first playthrough (where I didn't quite figure it out right away) in the "final boss" part. It didn't seem to follow a pattern and having to repeat the dialogue each time I failed got annoying. And to make it worse, each playthrough needed that section replayed (although I didn't find it troubling later). With iron rom, I pretty much did it same as you. Dialogue skip sometimes didn't work, mostly at the end for me, but I didn't exactly want to come back to it later since the game was still playable. The password thing I found worked right away when reloading the backup saves and moving the right stick once oddly enough, but not the initial playthrough (so the first one and iron rom). I assume it's just a matter of getting it to respond and I hadn't figured the X mashing until now. I also found the getting every drink trophy annoying since it was just too many but at this point I think I'm sounding too negative about it. 

For an indie game though it's pretty good. I actually didn't notice about the voice actors until now but I definitely hear it now since it was so recent lol I actually only noticed one of the characters being voiced by WWE superstar Xavier Woods which is pretty neat if you follow him or his gaming channel. I actually almost bought that the villain wasn't the villain since it took so long for the reveal lol obviously when you first see them it's obvious and I actually had forgotten about it since they hadn't really shown up too much throughout. I enjoyed the epilogue and each of the multiple endings for what it's worth haha

Little Update at the End of the 2nd Month, Kingdom Hearts is finished, Zeo Escape will follow soon, hopefully Uncharted also.

Hide contents
A A Plague's Tale: Innocence PS4 0%
B Beyond Two Souls PS4 0%
C Code Vein PS4 0%
D Disgaea 5 PS4 14%
E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4 0%
F Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 0%
G God Eater Resurrection PS4 / Vita 20%
H Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 0%
I Infamous PS3 100%
J Journey PS3 0%
K Kingdom Hearts PS4 0%
L Lost Dimension VITA 0%
M Marvels Spider-Man PS4 0%
N Nier Automata PS4 0%
O One Piece: Burning Blood VITA 100%
P Persona 5 PS4 100%
Q Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past PS4 0%
R Rune Factory: Ocean PS3 0%
S Steins;Gate Elite PS4 0%
T Tales of Arise PS4 0%
U Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered PS4 37%
V Valkyrie Chronicle PS4 0%
W World of Final Fantasy PS4/VITA 100%
X XBlaze Code: Embryo  VITA 100%
Y Yakuza 0 PS4 0%
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games  VITA 85%
  • Like 2

My monthly update of my current progress in the forum event. Also I listed the games in this post in the order I platinum them.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus
S56b2bb.png
(Started: January 27th || Finished: February 4th)

Azur Lane: Crosswave
S75fca4.png
(Started: February 6th || Finished: February 11th)

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
S9934b6.png
(Started: February 11th || Finished: February 21st)

Thimbleweed Park
S43c72f.png
(Started: February 21st || Finished: February 22nd)

Wasn't a very productive month of Feb. sadly. >.<

Edited by tsuki_-no-_usagi
  • Like 2

Weekly Update #7!

Not much to show in terms of trophies this week, but I did start Zero Escape. Not the one I expected to start but it ended up going on sale on the PS store- so I jumped on it. I've had Zero Time Dilemma ever since it was free on plus (way back when we still got vita games :') .. ) and when I was looking for a Z game for this event I found out that there were actually two games before it, and that they were definitely worth playing. Funnily enough I ended up having Virtue's Last Reward physically on my shelf- but this didn't help namely because it came up as starting with V on the trophy list aaand it would mean I still skipped the first one. Luckily there was this bundle and well.. that's how it ended up on my list. Haha. 

Since basically all of the trophies are related to earning different endings the lack of trophies isn't exactly surprising (that being said I'd nearly played through my first run in less than 2 days buuuut I was otherwise busy with work and Two Point Hospital :P), but I am pretty close to getting my first ending. The game actually shows you all the story branches and your position at any time during the game. I'm currently in one of the final branches, so I should be seeing an ending soon. It's a good game so far, similar to Danganronpa, which I did very much enjoy. So, that being said, if you've played this and not Danganronpa, go play it right now! And vice versa too- if you've played Danganronpa then you should like this one too.

The list for now:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PS4 - 0%
Batman (Telltale) PS4 - 0%
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 - 0%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 - 0%
Erica PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Fallout 3 PS3 - 0%
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 - 100% :platinum:
How to Train Your Dragon PS3 - 0%
Infamous PS3 - 0%
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS4 - 0%
Kingdom Hearts PS4 - 0%
Late Shift PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Minecraft: Story Mode PS4 - 0%
NieR Automata PS4 - 0%
Oxenfree PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4 - 0%
Q.U.B.E 2 PS4 - 0%
Republique PS4 - 0%
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4 -  100% :platinum:
Trüberbrook PS4 - 0%
Unravel PS4 - 0%
Vampyr PS4 - 0%
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler PS3 - 0%
XCOM 2 PS4 - 0%
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles PS4 - 0%

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games VITA - 0%

• Like 3

Update #5:

Batman: Arkham Asylum => 28%

What Remains of Edith Finch (EU) => 100% ?

Thought I'd get my update in a day earlier than normal for the spreadsheet update.. ;) Especially as this week has seen a second completion scratched off from the list, What Remains of Edith Finch (EU). In many ways it reminded me of Firewatch, although I didn't enjoy it as much. I found it to be very linear and more of a visual novel than a game; "go here, do this, press that" - the puzzles really didn't require much thought. That being said it was an ok little game to play along with, and I found myself somewhat engrossed after Molly's story. I won't post any spoilers, but getting to creep around as a weird octopus-like sea monster was kinda cool, but generally the game felt very short, rushed, and overall a missed opportunity.. I've also started Batman: Arkham Asylum this week and have made decent progress. I've just about reached the furthest point I'd gotten to on the Xbox 360, and I'm looking forward to finally playing through the remainder of it. I'm hopeful that the combat and predator challenges won't be too bad, but we'll see..

Completed: 2/27

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3) ?

What Remains of Edith Finch (EU) ?

The list to date:

Spoiler

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) => 7%
Brink (PS3)
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3) => 100% ?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
Earthlock (EU) (PS4)
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (PS4)
God of War II (PS3)
H <=> Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) => 28%
InFAMOUS (PS3)
Journey (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3)
Life is Strange (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3)
Naughty Bear (PS3) => 8%
Oxenfree (PS4)
Plague Inc: Evolved (PS4) => 16%
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Toy Story 3 (PS3)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)
V <=> Far Cry 3 (PS3) => 12% + Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3)
What Remains of Edith Finch (EU) (PS4) => 100% ?
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
Yooka-Laylee (PS4) => 13%
Zombie Driver HD (PS3)

• Like 2

And there we go another 2 games completed by the end of the week.

Today I have finished Bayonetta. Damn that game is so good (if you like slashers) not good as DMC5, but still. Combos and witch time mechanics feels so good and satisfying. Game is quite short - 1st playthrough on Normal took me around 10 hours (while watching all cutscenes) while Hard and Non-Stop Climax took around 6hours each. For platinum you need finish game 3 times, while Hard is noticeably harder than Normal it felt like this is difficulty you should experience the game. Non-stop climax with Witch Time deactivated. A lot of checkpoints makes it so easy to finish - unless you don't wanna get Pure Platinum on every stage, you won't have a problem with finishing it.

And the 2nd game is Thronebreaker. Singleplayer gwent based game. Well while I loved Witcher 3 gwent I hate multiplayer gwent mechanics. But still I didn't play this for the gwent, I played it for great story in Witcher Universe. This combined with really great voice acting makes it a masterpiece. And if you don't like gwent don't worry, there is special diffculty that let you skip every single fight. Highly recommend if you liked Witcher and if you read books you gonna find many easter eggs.

I decided to start Vanquish, well I'm done with first act and hell, this game is a blast. Very fast paced TPS, which I hope to finish (at least everything but challenges) before Nioh 2.

Alice Madness Returns (PS3)
Bayonetta (PS4) :platinum:
Caladrius Blaze (PS4)
Deus Ex MD (PS4) :platinum:
Everybody's Gone to Rapture (PS4)
Final Fantasy X2 (PS4)
God Eater (Vita)
Hollow Knight (PS4) :platinum:
Infamous (PS3) :platinum:
Jak 2 (PS4)
K-(SWAPx2) The Surge (PS4) + Infamous 2 (PS3)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4)
Metro 2033 Redux (PS4)
Nioh 2 (PS4)
Onimusha Warlords (PS4)
Papers, Please (Vita) - 100%
Q-(SWAP) Danganronpa V3 (Vita)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Sleeping Dogs (PS4)
Thronebreaker Witcher Tales (PS4) :platinum:
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (Vita) :platinum:
Vanquish (PS4)
Witcher 3 (PS4) :platinum:
XCom 2 (PS4)
Yakuza 4 (PS4)
Zero Escape The Nonary Games (Vita) :platinum:
  • Like 4

How about three more for the list?

# - 198x (PS4)

A - American Ninja Warrior Challenge (PS4) :platinum:

B - Broken Age (Vita physical)

C - Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) :platinum:

D - Detroit: Become Human (PS4) :platinum:

E - The Evil Within 2 (PS4)

F - Far Cry 3 Classic Edition (PS4)

G - Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4)

H - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 (PS3)

I - Ice Age: Scratt's Nutty Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

J - Just In Time Incorporated (PSVR) :platinum:

K - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) :platinum:

L - L.A. Noire (PS4)

M - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3) :platinum:

N - Narcos: Rise of the Cartels (PS4)

O - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD (PS3)

P - Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) :platinum:

Q - Queen’s Quest 3: The End of Dawn (PS4) :platinum:

R - Republique (PS4)

S - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (PS4)

T - Tearaway: Unfolded (PS4)

U - Uglydolls: An Imperfect Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

V - Vampyr (PS4)

W - Wasteland 2 (PS4)

X - X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3)

Y - Yooka-Layle (PS4) :platinum:

Z - Zerotopian Invasion (PS4) :platinum:

12 down, 15 to go.

• Like 4

Monthly update:

As expected I finished my first game: Jetpack Joyride Deluxe

Pretty easy to do but doing the same thing for 50 days got kinda boring

Still working on Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Going to try to complete the story and maybe start the DLC this month

I think I'm around 60% of exploring so I guess it's going pretty well

I really need to step it up if I am to complete all games so I will start (and hopefully finish) some other games from my list.

• Like 2

Been 2 weeks since my last update, and I added 1 completion to my list.

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late is a pretty good anime fighter that is simple enough to learn, espcially with Auto-Combo, but has enough depth and speed to be really enjoyable. As far as the Plat is concerned, the big hurdles are a couple of combo characters (though nothing on the level of MvC3), survival mode (Cheesable, but still) and finding an online partner for 1 match. Still, it's a definite recommendation.

I've also been playing through FF7 for the first time and just finished Disc 1 and so far... I'm divided. I can totally see why this game is held aloft as a masterpiece, but I don't personally think it has stood the test of time that well. I feel that the story is pretty lacking and the character development is pretty terrible. Still, I like the gameplay and Materia mechanics and maybe the story picks up in the 2nd half.

• Like 3

So I've run into a bit of a problem. I was playing Killzone HD through PS Now and since it's a PS3 game I can only stream it. I'd started it as I posted about it on here back in January and decided to drop it until later. Well that's my mistake it looks like because I just got back to it and now it kicks me off of the service within minutes. Basically, it's unplayable. I have it connected through a LAN cable as that's more reliable than wireless but it's still not letting me. I'm hoping it fixes itself as I've had it work before but if I can't get it working, I may have to drop this event seeing as I posted no backups either (definitely a regret in retrospect). I guess I can buy it physically but I mean it's right there on the subscription service so I'm not too eager to go that route.

AFL Live 2
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Catherine (PS3)
Dead Nation PS4
eCrossminton 0% -> 37%
Fast and Furious Showdown  Completed 23 January 2020
Grand Theft Auto IV 42% -> 68%
How to Train Your Dragon 2
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
Just Cause 3 Completed 11 January 2020
Killzone: Shadow Fall 92% :platinum:
Lords of the Fallen  Completed 21 January 2020

Mirror's Edge
Naughty Bear 8%
Oddworld:New 'n' Tasty
Prototype
Quantum Theory
Red Dead Redemption 2
Shadow Warrior
The Sims 3: Pets
Unravel Two
Vikings: Wolves of Midgard
Wasteland 2
X Puppeteer
Yakuza 0 14% -> 15%
Zombie Tycoon II Completed 2 January 2020

Backups:
Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Wolfenstein II

Slain: Back From Hell

In the past week I made major progress on GTA IV, finishing up many of the side activities required for the plat. All I have left are a few minor miscellaneous trophies, the stunt jumps, and the pigeon collectibles. It's definitely a grind, but I enjoy this aspect of the game since you get to explore the city and watch the completion meter go up. I'm a bit burnt out on it but still planning to get the platinum done soonish, which will then leave me with the DLC to worry about.

I also finally picked up the only two games on my list that I didn't already own: eCrossminton and AFL Live 2. eCrossminton is definitely one of the worst longer games I've played in awhile. It's basically just a really bad tennis game with no career mode or custom players. Worst of all, the game has so few players (153) that when I get the platinum it will actually make it very rare instead of ultra rare, ruining my objective of doing the UR alphabet. I can't complain too much however; the list is quite easy and I discovered a way to idle the 100 hours played trophy. I honestly might write a guide for it since there's so little documentation for it online.

As for AFL Live 2, I'm planning to try for fastest achiever this weekend. I've not played the other games in the series but based on what I've read I'm confident I can do it in a single day.

This week I also reached day #900 of my streak of earning at least one trophy per day. I am definitely hoping to get to 1000, but would like to continue beyond that.

• Like 3

Hi all, hope you all have a good time and are feeling well :) .

Letters complete: C D F J N P Q V X

New completed games:

1. Concrete Genie
  2. Journey
  3. Never Alone
  4. Valiant Hearts: The Great War

See spoiler for list of my challenge games:

Spoiler

A Assassin's Creed Origins [PS4] 100% AVG : 6.92% [LINK]

B BACK TO THE FUTURE [PS3] [DISC] 100% AVG: 50.72% [LINK]

C Concrete Genie [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.59% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 04.03.2020 1f4af.png :platinum: 05.03.2020

Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Vita] 100% AVG: 38.17% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 07.02.2020 1f4af.png 07.02.2020

E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture [PS4] 100% AVG: 17.84% [LINK]

F FINAL FANTASY VII [PS4] 100% AVG: 24.16% [LINK==> 25b6.png 01.01.2020 1f4af.png :platinum: 13.02.2020

G GAME OF THRONES [PS3] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.52% [LINK]

H HELLBLADE SENUA'S SACRIFICE [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 40.4% [LINK]

I I Am Alive [PS3] 100% AVG: 5.21% [LINK]

J Journey [PS3] 100% AVG: 16.05% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 07.03.2020 1f4af.png 08.03.2020

K KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.87% [LINK]

L LEGO Legend of Chima [Vita] 100% AVG: 49.44% [LINK]

M Moss [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 6.25% [LINK]

N Never Alone [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 33.76% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 28.02.2020 1f4af.png 28.02.2020

O Onrush [PS4] 100% AVG: 9.82% [LINK]

P Puzzle Agent (Nelson Tethers:) [PS3] 100% AVG: 38.77% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 11.01.2020 1f4af.png 11.01.2020

Q Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut [PS3] 100% AVG: 13.28% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 02.01.2020 1f4af.png 02.01.2020

R Risen 3: Titan Lords [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.25% [LINK]

S Sword Art Online: Re Hollow Fragment [PS4] 100% AVG: 1.57% [LINK]

T The Council [PS4] 100% AVG: 31.51% [LINK]

U Until Dawn [PS4] 100% AVG: 18.67% [LINK]

V Valiant Hearts: The Great War [PS4] 100% AVG: 11.04% [LINK] ==> 25b6.png 06.03.2020 1f4af.png 06.03.2020

W World of Final Fantasy [PS4] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK]

Xeodrifter [Vita] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK==> 25b6.png 08.02.2020 1f4af.png 08.02.2020

Y Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 17.7% [LINK]

Z Zone of the Enders HD Edition [PS3] 100% AVG: 11.32%  [LINK]

Backup:

A Atomic Ninjas [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.61% [LINK]
M Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 [PS4] 100% AVG: 21.07% [LINK]

W Windstorm [PS4] 100% AVG: 55.87% [LINK]

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 3

Yet another week without improvement from my side on this.. 

But there's a few reasons for this, I'm trying to do some clean up on older games, have been playing Danganronpa  and Shenmue for another event and I'm hunting some games before servers close or become they have online trophies on ps3 (ya, Xenon Racer doesn't fit any of those things, but I wanted to get the online done ASAP too..). 

• Like 2

Weekly Update #8!

Not a lot of progress this time around, I've been a bit busy and also finishing up some of my other games that aren't a part of the list. However I did get started on Minecraft Story Mode as well as lock in almost all of the endings in Zero Escape 999. I feel like so far only one of the endings was really good, it escalated in a way that made sense and had been set up to some degree over the course of the game. The others, however, felt rushed and confusing, like they suddenly realised they were at the end and something dramatic had to go down. Like I'm still a little unclear what happened and I'm waiting to finish the final ending so I can then google discussions on the endings basically in hopes of shedding some light on what actually went down lol.

As for Minecraft Story Mode, it's cute, it's simple, the combat is a bit janky but it's not bad. I've only played the first two episodes, so I'll be interested to see where they take the story from here. Despite having 8 episodes total it seems like they've already accomplished a major plot point that was set up in the story (however maybe it's better that it wasn't dragged out so much..), but I will withhold any further judgements until I experience it in it's entirety.

The list for now:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PS4 - 0%
Batman (Telltale) PS4 - 0%
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 - 0%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 - 0%
Erica PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Fallout 3 PS3 - 0%
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 - 100% :platinum:
How to Train Your Dragon PS3 - 0%
Infamous PS3 - 0%
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS4 - 0%
Kingdom Hearts PS4 - 0%
Late Shift PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Minecraft: Story Mode PS4 - >24%
NieR Automata PS4 - 0%
Oxenfree PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4 - 0%
Q.U.B.E 2 PS4 - 0%
Republique PS4 - 0%
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4 -  100% :platinum:
Trüberbrook PS4 - 0%
Unravel PS4 - 0%
Vampyr PS4 - 0%
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler PS3 - 0%
XCOM 2 PS4 - 0%
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles PS4 - 0%

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games VITA - >11%

• Like 2

Update #3 (I think)

So with these challenges atleast for me, I have weeks I earn the platinums and then go weeks without to set everything up again, trying to not work on too many games at once.

Then there is the games that are not part of this challenge that I also want to play, delaying my progress even further. But hey it's still early in the year, there is enough time (hopefully)

No new platinum trophies or completed games that are on this list. Instead I started 2 new games and finished the first playthrough on both games. They also require a 2nd playthrough on a higher difficulty. Yes I could've done that in my first run, but I'n not in a hurry. 

First off I started Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. Goal of the first run was to get all the main story related trophies done and earn anything else on easy so I can just do  a checkpoint run (as I like to call them) on Veteran. I've finished 2 or 3 levels on Veteran so far, and it seems that it's going to be doable. There is one trophy though... Best of the Best, which might take me a lot of time to get. 

Guacamelee 2 is the other game I decided to start on. I remember having a lot of fun with the first game on Vita and was kind of disappointed the second game was never released for it. 

Nonetheless, the game is still a lot of fun up to a certain point. Pretty much everything is doable with a couple of tries, the fighting mechanics are a lot smoother compared to the original. I did prefer the story of the first game over this one. After finishing the story you can sort of freeroam through all the levels to try and get each of the 11 maps to 100%. And this is where the game starts to show some flaws for me. Some parts of the level designs are so difficult to get passed, it gets frustrating, annoying and to a point I don't feel like I want to play it anymore. Being stuck on a section that should take around 1,5 minute to get through for around 45 minutes to an hour gets me really close to throwing controllers (don't worry no controllers were harmed) 

The plan is to slowly try and progress through these games on the higher difficulties and go for any trophies that are left afterwards. After that I might power my way through the boring game that is Control. Here is my updated list of progress

Spoiler

:platinum: American Fugitive (95%)

Brutal Legend
>>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (57%)

Control (15%)
Detroit: Become Human
:platinum: Erica (11th Jan 2020)
Fear Effect Sedna 
>>Guacamelee 2 (45%)
Hydrophobia
inFamous 2 
Jak 2 
Killer is Dead 
:platinum: Life is Strange: Before the Storm (2nd Jan 2020)
:platinum: Meow Motors (1st Jan 2020)

:platinum: Need for Speed Heat (5th Feb 2020)
Okami HD 
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

(the)Quiet man
Ruiner
Sega Bass Fishing

The Hong Kong Massacre (24%)
Unravel 2
:platinum: Valentino Rossi The Game (10th Feb 2020)
Wet
XMedal of Honor: Frontline (1%)
Yakuza 0
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

• Like 3

B: Star Wars: Battlefront 2  100%

C: Crash Team Racing - 52%

W: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -3% ->8%

Finally completed Battefront 2 last week. Made good progress on Crash Team Racing. Finished most of the misc trophies, just need to 100 percent the adventure mode and then off to the fun filled time trials.

• Like 2

Adding 2 more completions to my list.

I have complicated feelings about Final Fantasy VII. While I can totally see this game being a really big deal for a lot of people, I was personally dissapointed by it. I felt the story was only okay at the end of Disc 1 and, while some huge events happened in disc 2, some characters basically dissapered from the story and left me wanting a lot more out of them. For every character that gets more character developpement (like Tifa or Cid), some characters basically do nothing for the rest of the story (both secret characters and Barrett). The ending of the game is honestly really poor and the grind required for the Plat was really boring and removed all challenge from the end boss and put it in the secret bosses. At least, I still enjoyed the Materia system overall.

On the other side of the coin, I had an amazing time with Va-11 Hall-A. While some people will always dunk on Visual Novel games, I'm someone who's more interested in the story and universe of a game than the actual gameplay. This game, while really short, has so much character and charm! The gameplay loop is basically deciphering the orders that customers make and serving them an appropriate drink, but the actual hook of the game is interacting with all of the wacky personalities that frequent this bar. This game is a really big reccomendation from me. Especially for the people that played 2048 as it features guest characters from it.

Since I'm now over the average time for my challenge (For 27 letters, the average being 9 games every 4 months), I will attack one of my big boy games, aka the super long ones. I have 3 games scheduled to take over 80 hours each: Project Cars 2, Nier and Yakuza 5. I think I'll be attacking the biggest one first, so It will probably be a full month before I can report my next completion of Yakuza 5.

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 3