ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

I also agree that the start date should stay as 1st January 2020 and keep it as one year long. It makes the most sense.

Only made my previous suggestion in case you wanted to cave into pressure from those who wanted to start early :P But I would personally vote for it to stay as is!

Anyway, I've had a look through my games and came up with a tentative list. Putting it in spoilers just to avoid stretching the page:

Spoiler

A Atari Flashback Classics Volume 1 PS4
B Batman: Arkham Origins PS3
C Catherine PS3
D Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (EU) Vita
E Exist Archive PS4
F For Honor PS4
G Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Director's Cut PS4
H Hitman PS4
I Invisible Inc. PS4
J Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition PS4
K Knowledge is Power PS4
L LittleBigPlanet 3 PS4
M Mirror's Edge PS3
N Natural Doctrine PS4
O Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines Vita
P Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 PS4
Q Quantum Theory PS3
R Rain World PS4
S Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz Vita
T Tales of Symphonia PS3
U Urban Trial Freestyle PS4
V Velocity 2X PS4
W WipEout Omega Collection PS4
X <=> I am Bread PS4
Y Yakuza Kiwami PS4
Z Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge PS3

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I also agree that the start date should stay as 1st January 2020 and keep it as one year long. It makes the most sense.

Only made my previous suggestion in case you wanted to cave into pressure from those who wanted to start early :P But I would personally vote for it to stay as is!

Anyway, I've had a look through my games and came up with a tentative list. Putting it in spoilers just to avoid stretching the page:

Hide contents
  • Atari Flashback Classics vol.1
  • Borderlands (either PS3 or PS4, but I need to do this at some point)
  • Cyberpunk 2077! So excited for this!
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (or a Hacker's Memory if I somehow do the first one before January)
  • Exist Archive
  • Furi (or maybe FF7 remaster since that'll be out next year)
  • Grand Kingdom (might do this before January though)
  • Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
  • I am Bread....................... (or maybe I'll just be toast if I do this....)
  • Just Cause 2 or 4 (depending on if I start 2 before then)
  • Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends (might do this before January though)
  • L - ??? (Maybe one of the LittleBigPlanet games)
  • Metal Gear Solid (idk which one yet...)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • O - ??? (How do I not own any O games? I might get The Outer Worlds at some point though)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
  • Quantum Theory (I might do this sooner as I'm worried about servers. If so then it'll be Q*bert Rebooted)
  • Rain World
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope (ahahahaha....ha....kill me now)
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Velocity Ultra or Velocity 2X
  • WipEout Omega Collection (literally the only game I have with W, and only because it was PS+)
  • X - ??? (will probably need to swap this one, I don't own any X's or have any games in my wishlist starting with X)
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Zombie Driver HD (literally the only game I have with Z, and only because it was PS+)

A quick FYI on Quantum Theory...be prepared to spend a long time boosting that online..only after you find a good group of 4-8 people to do it with.

So many rules, so little rewards...

At least a badge or something at the end of the event, otherwise, what’s the point?

Honestly, don’t get me wrong, but I do this kind of “challenges” to myself each year, but they are personal, without too many rules and, obviously, personal satisfaction = no rewards.

• Like 1

Just catching up on the thread, I've had a busy bank holiday.. ? I think I've liked added those who've shared a list or said they're wanting to participate, but if I've missed anyone please do shout up. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

So this will now definitely be a 2020 event, and run from January 1st to December 31st. Sorry to those who feel it is too far away and/or want to make an early start, but as has been argued there's likely to be other events you can participate in until this one goes live.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, TurtlePM said:

So many rules, so little rewards...

At least a badge or something at the end of the event, otherwise, what’s the point?

Honestly, don’t get me wrong, but I do this kind of “challenges” to myself each year, but they are personal, without too many rules and, obviously, personal satisfaction = no rewards.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

I suck at artwork, but is there anyone offering to maybe put together a little bling (badge) for any completion milestones for this event?

I will try and put some rewards together (I didn't think they'd be hugely popular, but it doesn't hurt I guess).

On 8/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Also, will there be deadline on stating which games you plan on playing for the alphabet?

This will be the same as the sign-up deadline, which looks likely to be January 31st. Lists will be checked for anyone trying to sneak in a trophy on a listed game pre-2020.

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

Added a few more award ideas.. If you have any thoughts about them / want to change them / want more of them / don't like them, do shout up ?

I'm happy to go with the majority..

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

Just a question but will you start a new thread once the event starts or continue from this one?

And an idea for an award could be something like "I, Copycat" where completion is earned for a game that someone else also has on their list (probably from the same letters that have little games for it such as Q? Though any letter works of course).

• Like 1

I'd love to try this.  It's like the ABC Platinum thread, but only 1 year to do it and no numbered game (for a 27th completion/plat/100%).  I think Q will be tough for me.  Since we can use 100% lists without a Plat, there's lots of options for most letters, but Q is still tricky.  I'll post a list closer to the end of the year as I have no idea what I might want to play before then.  But definitely sign me up!

Btw, what's the cut-off for adding a list?  You may have said this somewhere, sorry if I missed it.

• Like 2

Reward thoughts: 

List Complete - "The satisfaction you'll feel once completing your list should be reward enough." No, give me stuff for doing it.

Cheers! - I think both boosting sessions and advice should count. Both forms of jolly cooperation are vaild. Boosting requires coordination an skill. Not everyone has the skill required to boost or a list with opportunities for boosting. Giving out helpful advice is good way to help. 

Hear Ye - 1 update per month is fine.

Supersonic - Having it a 6 months means you need to complete a game every week (with the minimum list size of 26). I feel 1 platinum per week is doable but the difficulty will vary depending on the list.

Feel the Burn - I feel like this one was made for me. So far, I'm the only one to have put multiple extra games on my list. I have seen a few list have a number/special character slot but nothing extra. I feel like the minimum number of games on your list needs to be at least 30 for this reward.

Having this reward be eligible for high difficulty games is a good idea. I assume difficulty will be determined by rarity? Or will we just go with the difficulty on the trophy guides? Both ways are vaild but have their own flaws/exploits.

For rarity, a game under 1% would earn you the reward. I would also allow having 3 games under 5% or 7 games under 10% earn it as well. I would also have a rule in place where you declare the current rarity of the games you're using for to earn this reward before you start your list; the rarity may improve overtime and I feel the thought of going for the rarity is more important. 

Bright Spark - Great, now I have to think.

I'm Number #1! - This should be a thing. I like the idea of being rewarded for being first. I'm not getting this one unless I get lucky.

I'm confident some guy/gal will load their list will load their list with a bunch of quick games and be done in a week. I will respect them for finding the exploit (or borrowing my idea that I'm not using) and using it. 

Completed it Mate - The individual reward I would be most likely to earn currently. I feel that people will delay their list just to 1-up the people that declare & start before them. You're also required to 100% every game on the list; adding too many games could screw yourself over.

The guy/gal with 100 quick games could easily take this one. I respect that too.

Ultra Rare - Complete Super Meat Boy and at least 25 other games to win this one. This reward is still vague because we currently don't have a definition of difficulty. At the end of the event, the people that completed their list could nominate their hardest game and vote on it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

Just a question but will you start a new thread once the event starts or continue from this one?

And an idea for an award could be something like "I, Copycat" where completion is earned for a game that someone else also has on their list (probably from the same letters that have little games for it such as Q? Though any letter works of course).

I will almost certainly continue from this one. As mentioned, come January 1st I'll make a post tagging all participants to remind them of the event, just in case.

I quite like the idea, but would probably tweak it to having an award for a completed list that contained the most common game from all completed lists, perhaps?

8 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'd love to try this.  It's like the ABC Platinum thread, but only 1 year to do it and no numbered game (for a 27th completion/plat/100%).  I think Q will be tough for me.  Since we can use 100% lists without a Plat, there's lots of options for most letters, but Q is still tricky.  I'll post a list closer to the end of the year as I have no idea what I might want to play before then.  But definitely sign me up!

Btw, what's the cut-off for adding a list?  You may have said this somewhere, sorry if I missed it.

The cut-off isn't final yet, but I don't believe anyone has argued against my suggestion of January 31st.

4 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Reward thoughts: 

Feel the Burn - I feel like the minimum number of games on your list needs to be at least 30 for this reward.

Having this reward be eligible for high difficulty games is a good idea. I assume difficulty will be determined by rarity? Or will we just go with the difficulty on the trophy guides? Both ways are vaild but have their own flaws/exploits.

For rarity, a game under 1% would earn you the reward. I would also allow having 3 games under 5% or 7 games under 10% earn it as well. I would also have a rule in place where you declare the current rarity of the games you're using for to earn this reward before you start your list; the rarity may improve overtime and I feel the thought of going for the rarity is more important. 

Ultra Rare - Complete Super Meat Boy and at least 25 other games to win this one. This reward is still vague because we currently don't have a definition of difficulty. At the end of the event, the people that completed their list could nominate their hardest game and vote on it.

For difficulty, I was just going to use this, but I'm open to other alternatives.

With the individual awards, there's flaws like you say - but if they really want to be that guy for the sake of a badge.. Meh, at least they can't be used for future events. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iXanon said:

For difficulty, I was just going to use this, but I'm open to other alternatives.

With the individual awards, there's flaws like you say - but if they really want to be that guy for the sake of a badge.. Meh, at least they can't be used for future events. 1f60f.png

For the Ultra Rare badge, you could always award it to the person with the lowest average Plat/100% rarity amongst all the games in their list? Or the average of the average rarities in each game list since that’s the stat you were leaning towards?

Would reward the person who challenged themselves the most across all their games instead of just one super difficult game and the rest easy?

I’m sure anyone who wanted to go for that badge could do the data gathering work for you, instead of you doing it yourself for every participant. Or alternatively you could ask for volunteers to help with gathering all the rarities (I’d personally be happy to help, I like data gathering tasks). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, iXanon said:

With the individual awards, there's flaws like you say - but if they really want to be that guy for the sake of a badge.. Meh, at least they can't be used for future events. 1f60f.png

Fixing the flaws may make the event less fun everyone else. If that guy shows up, they deserve the badge for being that shameless. 

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

For the Ultra Rare badge, you could always award it to the person with the lowest average Plat/100% rarity amongst all the games in their list?

I like this idea. It looks like you earned yourself Bright Spark.

6 hours ago, iXanon said:

The cut-off isn't final yet, but I don't believe anyone has argued against my suggestion of January 31st.

The event officially starts 1st, January 2020 at 0:00. Having the cut off for joining before 31st, January 2020 23:59, is alright for late submissions. I'm unsure if Completed It Mate, should be obtainable if you submitted your list during January. You could make your list longer then everyones on purpose and nobody could counter but you will have less time to complete your own.

Everyone taking part in the event doesn't live in the same timezone. At the moment, there is no official timezone for the event. I assume we will use our own timezone for the event because it is easy.

• Like 1

God, this is quite a challenge. I'll throw my hat in as well. Now, let's see what we can scrounge up for a list.

11-11: Memories Retold

Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood 
Detroit: Become Human
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Final Fantasy VII
God of War II
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
I Am the Hero
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Knights of Pen and Paper +1
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Nier
One Piece: Burning Blood
Project Cars 2
QUBE 2
River City Girls
Stein's Gate
Torchlight II
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Va-11 Hall-a
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
X-Blades
Yakuza 5
Zero Time Dilemma

Backups:

Nothing (Don't want to have a crutch)

3 days of work and I ended up with this list. It was really hard to figure out what games I haven't started yet; my started game count is 800+ so it took a while. Also, I'm putting an extra challenge on myself: This is a Plat only run, so all games have a Platinum trophy.

I really like the variety of genres this list encompasses; Visual Novel, Racing, Stealth, Fighting, RPG. The only game I'm not a fan of on this list is my I choice as it's Plat % is insanely high. Unfortunately, there was no other game I could see that had a Plat, but didn't start or had to go out of my way to track down. Also I'm curious what will be harder: The 100+ hours for Yakuza 5 or finding boosters for some of those games?

I also have a question about the event: do you have any special plans for tracking progression? At worst, a simple Google Doc could do the job, but I don't know if you had plans already. Also, I wouldn't mind helping out with the data tracking aspect if you need some help. Anyways, I can't wait for this to begin!

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 1