iXanon

ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

810 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

The event officially starts 1st, January 2020 at 0:00. Having the cut off for joining before 31st, January 2020 23:59, is alright for late submissions. I'm unsure if Completed It Mate, should be obtainable if you submitted your list during January. You could make your list longer then everyones on purpose and nobody could counter but you will have less time to complete your own.

Everyone taking part in the event doesn't live in the same timezone. At the moment, there is no official timezone for the event. I assume we will use our own timezone for the event because it is easy.

The same could potentially happen with limiting it to January 1st, especially if timezones are left as individual, but I agree it is less flawed if this is imposed.. 🙂

 

9 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

3 days of work and I ended up with this list. It was really hard to figure out what games I haven't started yet; my started game count is 800+ so it took a while. Also, I'm putting an extra challenge on myself: This is a Plat only run, so all games have a Platinum trophy.

 

I also have a question about the event: do you have any special plans for tracking progression? At worst, a simple Google Doc could do the job, but I don't know if you had plans already. Also, I wouldn't mind helping out with the data tracking aspect if you need some help. Anyways, I can't wait for this to begin!

Impressive, and such a personal challenge would be eligible for the Feel the Burn award if you succeed 👍

 

There's no special plans for progression tracking of yet. In honesty I hadn't really considered it, I kinda intended on this being the participant's responsibility with their updates, but like you say, a simple Google Doc could be an idea - and any help with data collection is always appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have knocked up a quick list in a few minutes, it has a few generic games in it like Yakuza and GTA as I don't actually know which title it will be yet and I am struggling for the missing letters at this point.

 

Assassins Creed Unity

Borderlands 2

Control

Darksiders 2
Evil Within
Far Cry New Dawn
God of War  14th February 2020
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Infinite Warfare
Just Cause 3
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange 2
Middle Earth Shadow of War

Nioh
Outlast
Prey
Q - Spyro

Resident Evil 7
Styx: Master of Shadows
Tearaway Unfolded
Uncharted: The Lost legacy
Vampyr
Witcher 3
X - Spyro 2 & 3 (additional)
Yakuza 0
Zombie Army Trilogy

Edited by freddie1989
Updated
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iXanon said:

There's no special plans for progression tracking of yet. In honesty I hadn't really considered it, I kinda intended on this being the participant's responsibility with their updates, but like you say, a simple Google Doc could be an idea - and any help with data collection is always appreciated.

I feel everyone is honest enough to be trusted with recording their own progress. Having a Google Doc with monthly and/or biweekly updates would be nice. Someone should check everyones list upon completion, as a formality. (Pretends to be mediocre so you don't ask me to do extra work). 

 

I was thinking that if a game (or multiple) get new DLC trophies during the month of December 2020, you get a pass if you don't complete the DLC trophies before January 1st.

 

I also thought of a reward that you earn by completing your list on 31st, December 2020. I haven't thought of a good name for it but I've had a few idea. Kept You Waiting, Huh?, A True Hero Saves the Day at the Last Possible Moment, Ripping Victory from the Jaws of Defeat, Down to the Wire, Almost Late, Door Slide, Crawling Out of the Grave and Look Mom! I Finished!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I am going to join and  just put up a rudimentary list right now (because I don't have the file in front of me, I am away from the house and my computer for the weekend) so it will be just 10-12 letters right now: I had to use quotes because the colon D gives you D: instead of the proper text. Many of these games are not even in my library yet so I'll have to get a lot of food money to pay for them. :P

 

Also note that this list is not final. If a game comes out in four months that interests me and starts with a letter of another entry, and the trophy list of the new game isn't too time-consuming, I might sacrifice the other game to put that one in. The list is totally finalized on Boxing Day(December 26) because by that time I will have some gift money to spend on games since I have a birthday on December as well.

 

Some letters are blank because I can't find any games I really click with that don't take forever to complete. For example, I could redo Undertale(I did platinum that game on Vita on an old account) but I really don't like the game much. However, there aren't any good U-games I like otherwise. (I tend to be very picky about what my games are - if it's a FPS, fighting game, racing game or set in some dark grimy valley and has you surviving a zombie apocalypse, count me out. For reference, my favorite video game is Dragon Quest Builders 2. That should tell you what sort of games I like to play. ;))

 

"A" A Hat in Time

"B" Bouncy Bullets (PS4)

"C" Candleman

"D" Devious Dungeon (Vita)

"E" Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

"F" Furwind

"G" Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

"H" ???

"I" Illusion of L'Phacia

"J" Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

"K" Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne

"L" LEGO DC Super Villains

"M" Mochi Mochi Boy (Vita)

"N" Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS4)

"O" Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4)

"P" Persona 5

"Q" Queen's Quest 3

"R" Reverie (PS4)

"S" Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Vita)

"T" Teslagrad (PS4)

"U" ???

"V" Vambrace: Cold Soul

"W" Waking Violet (Vita)

"X" Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

"Y" Yooka-Laylee

"Z" Zeus Quest Remastered

 

EDIT: Since Vambrace: Cold Soul came out and the trophy list looks pretty simple, I decided to make it my V title. It was either that or Virginia and I really didn't like playing Virginia. Even with a guide, having to go through the story twice is painful. I also might change my "F" entry to Final Fantasy VIII Remastered since they revealed the trophy list for that and it looks pretty simple to complete save a few hiccups. FFVIII was my favorite of the old PS1 titles. Here's hoping that they don't remake it because after seeing the stuff on the FFVII remake, a remake of the other two games would come out in 2033. xD

 

Also replaced L with a LEGO game because I had wanted to try out DC Super Villians after finding out the story's main character is a customized character you create. I LOVE having my own created character and want to have a female character who looks completely normal... she just has strange evil powers. ^_^ The only reason I balked was because I heard there was a GTA warning system that got you in trouble if you did too much mischief.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds fantastic I'm in.  Below is my list (the only letter I have to substitute is Q).  

A - Adr1ft

B - Bloodborne
C - Conan Exiles
D - Dead Rising
E - Extreme Exorcism
F - Fallout Shelter
G - Grow Home
H - Hollow Knight
I - Infernium
J - Just Cause 3
K - Knack
L - Lords of the Fallen
M - Maize
N - Not a Hero
O - OnRush
P - Portal Knights
Q (Substituting for D) - Darksiders Warmastered Edition
R - Ratchet And Clank
S - Sleeping Dogs
T - Timothy vs The Aliens
U - Until Dawn
V - Valkyria Chronicles
W - Wild Arms 3
X - XCom 2

Y -Yasai Ninja
Z - Zombi

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My list, btw does it have to be games you actually currently own at the moment, or can you put on games you intend to buy before then or have already preordered(As i have final fantasy 12 and xmen origins coming in the mail within the next week and megaman zero/zx legacy collection preordered)
.
A apotheon
B beyond eyes
C catlateral damage
D darksiders 2
E earth's dawn
F final fantasy 12 zodiac age
G guacamelee 2
H harvest moon save the homeland
I I am setsuna
J Jak x combat racing
K Kona
L legend of kay anniversary
M megaman zero/zx legacy collection
N Nier automata
O okage shadow king
P pheonix wright trilogy
Q queens quest 2
R red faction 2
S Shantae and thepirates curse
T Tales of vesperia
U Uncharted lost legacy
V Valkyria chronicles
W wheels of aurelia
X X men origins wolverine
Y Yakuza 3
Z zero escape nonary games

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

btw does it have to be games you actually currently own at the moment, or can you put on games you intend to buy before then or have already preordered(As i have final fantasy 12 and xmen origins coming in the mail within the next week and megaman zero/zx legacy collection preordered)

As you are not locked in until at least January, you're fine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems like a great idea!  Count me in.  I'll be waiting until later to choose the games though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm currently making a rough list of what I might play but realized that I'm missing two letters (X would have been fine but I already started all the Xcom games I own). For clarity, I know I can switch one out but to be sure if I wanted to switch a second letter I'd have to add 2 games right? I have enough for that so it's no issue and yes I've read the first post but just want to be sure :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

 For clarity, I know I can switch one out but to be sure if I wanted to switch a second letter I'd have to add 2 games right? I have enough for that so it's no issue and yes I've read the first post but just want to be sure :)

Yes, for the first letter you'd have 1 for the standard swap.

 

Then for the second letter you'd have 1 for the standard swap + 1 penalty game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is when everyone needs a PS flash sale!

Edited by WaffleJedi
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 11:42 AM, RuneEyesDragon said:

"A" A Hat in Time

"B" Bouncy Bullets (PS4)

"C" Candleman

"D" Devious Dungeon (Vita)

"E" Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

"F" Furwind

"G" Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan

"H" ???

"I" Illusion of L'Phacia

"J" Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

"K" Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne

"L" LEGO DC Super Villains

"M" Mochi Mochi Boy (Vita)

"N" ???

"O" Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4)

"P" Persona 5

"Q" Queen's Quest 3

"R" Reverie (PS4)

"S" [Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Vita)]

"T" Trials of Mana (PS4)

"U" ???

"V" Vambrace: Cold Soul

"W" World of Final Fantasy

"X" Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

"Y" Yooka-Laylee

"Z" Zeus Quest Remastered

 

I know this is going to be a work in progress as things may change. I am adding in a few games that are not coming out yet.

 

First off, I am only assuming Shantae and the Seven Sirens is coming out sometime in 2020, so I put Half-Genie Hero as a placeholder and bracketed it. If Seven Sirens doesn't get a release date before 2020 then it's out. I'm not against HGH and I might try to go for 100% despite the DLC episodes being sheer nightmares. I got the platinum before and it's really not that hard if you just know how to get a 100% speedrun. Also put it on Vita as Vita needs more platinums even though I'll probably have to have finger surgery after all the DLC is done and I'll have to be blessed 100 times after I profane certain deities in rage from failing the DLC levels over and over again. xD

 

Also replaced T with Trials of Mana as I know it's coming out for Playstation 4 and it will have aTrophy List. I platinumed Adventures and am working on Secret so Trials is going to be a given.

 

Finally, I removed Ni no Kuni because I am going to play that for the Fall/Winter Backlog challenge. It's locked in so I can't have it on this list when it comes. I'll get a replacement soon.

 

(For the record, I am not buying any Vita games until Christmas because I can't afford to bloat my memory card now. I know I could just rent at GameFly but...)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this idea and I think I'll join (I don't have problem with 100% 20+ games), but I have questions. What about really easy games? Like click few times and you'll get plat (e.g. my name is mayo) and visual novels, that can be finished in 0.5-2h? I ignore that first type exist, but I personally really like vns (but I don't skip them, I read them normally). Do they count? I would find under 2h skip plat really unfair, especially when some people plan to finish grindy games. 

Btw what about games we'll do in a meantime in 2020? Maybe there could be extra reward for people who did alphabet AND extra games? Because if you have lengthy games and you still could play other games,  it can be challenging.

Edited by FairyCal
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FairyCal said:

I really like this idea and I think I'll join (I don't have problem with 100% 20+ games), but I have questions. What about really easy games? Like click few times and you'll get plat (e.g. my name is mayo) and visual novels, that can be finished in 0.5-2h? I ignore that first type exist, but I personally really like vns (but I don't skip them, I read them normally). Do they count? I would find under 2h skip plat really unfair, especially when some people plan to finish grindy games. 

Btw what about games we'll do in a meantime in 2020? Maybe there could be extra reward for people who did alphabet AND extra games? Because if you have lengthy games and you still could play other games,  it can be challenging.

 

I'll field the first quest. EZPZ games are fine, heck I have six Artifex Mundi titles and everyone calls them cop-outs. If I didn't have my standards to try not to fall back on really cop-out games like those, I'd gladly put Little Adventure on the Prairie and My Name Is Mayo on the list. If you want to do Visual Novels, don't worry, they are considered games like everything else. I like reading books about cats solving murder cases in Sin City, so if you like reading on your Vita or whatever, and you get a platinum for it, it's fine. If you find the 2H skip unfair, you are not forced to use it. You do you, don't worry about what people think. ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FairyCal said:

I really like this idea and I think I'll join (I don't have problem with 100% 20+ games), but I have questions. What about really easy games? Like click few times and you'll get plat (e.g. my name is mayo) and visual novels, that can be finished in 0.5-2h? I ignore that first type exist, but I personally really like vns (but I don't skip them, I read them normally). Do they count? I would find under 2h skip plat really unfair, especially when some people plan to finish grindy games. 

Btw what about games we'll do in a meantime in 2020? Maybe there could be extra reward for people who did alphabet AND extra games? Because if you have lengthy games and you still could play other games,  it can be challenging.

 

I agree with what you are saying. Thing is, even if people did put games like My Name is Mayo in, it'd be hard to have a set rule on the matter. I guess with these community challenges, it's mainly about challenging yourself rather than what other people are doing. You do what you feel you want to do and take no notice of everyone else. I put a bit of a mix in my list ranging from 15-100 hours based off trophy guides to each game. I don't want to force myself to do a 150 hour mp grind etc. I'd prefer everyone to put in a variety too and not put in a list just to say they did this challenge like everyone else but it be hard to have a set of rules for that, so it's best just to only concentrate on what you feel you want to do. Sadly a lot of trophy hunters think a 30 minute platinum is worth as much as a plat that takes 50-100 hours but there's nothing we can do about that.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

 

I agree with what you are saying. Thing is, even if people did put games like My Name is Mayo in, it'd be hard to have a set rule on the matter. I guess with these community challenges, it's mainly about challenging yourself rather than what other people are doing. You do what you feel you want to do and take no notice of everyone else. I put a bit of a mix in my list ranging from 15-100 hours based off trophy guides to each game. I don't want to force myself to do a 150 hour mp grind etc. I'd prefer everyone to put in a variety too and not put in a list just to say they did this challenge like everyone else but it be hard to have a set of rules for that, so it's best just to only concentrate on what you feel you want to do. Sadly a lot of trophy hunters think a 30 minute platinum is worth as much as a plat that takes 50-100 hours but there's nothing we can do about that.

 

Yeah I am with you here. Personally I see no point in a year long challenge if people are going to create a list of awful quick plats for the sake of trophies where they are done in a month. Defeats the object to me. Debating tweaking a few of my own for some others but its time dependent. Still to play The Witcher so might lob that one in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freddie1989 said:

 

Yeah I am with you here. Personally I see no point in a year long challenge if people are going to create a list of awful quick plats for the sake of trophies where they are done in a month. Defeats the object to me. Debating tweaking a few of my own for some others but its time dependent. Still to play The Witcher so might lob that one in.

 

Yh, my list is purely online/ps3 focused. I have too many unstarted games that have online that could potentially have their servers shutdown at any point (primarily ps3 games). And I wanted to include the maximum amount with the obstruction of letters, any letter i didn't have an online game for, i put a decent sp plat for (unless there really is no choices but for a short platinum in my list of games - Yesterday Origins for example).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

 

Yh, my list is purely online/ps3 focused. I have too many unstarted games that have online that could potentially have their servers shutdown at any point (primarily ps3 games). And I wanted to include the maximum amount with the obstruction of letters, any letter i didn't have an online game for, i put a decent sp plat for (unless there really is no choices but for a short platinum in my list of games - Yesterday Origins for example).

 

I did it, The Witcher is now in there LOL!!

 

I sold my PS3 and the inevitable question of 'what you want for Xmas' is to come soon so I might get one and go back to what I didn't finish. The list might get hugely amended prior to start then. I did create this list in 2 minutes flat so may have others I want to do first instead but need to have a look through my games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright this should be my final list!

# 2064: Read Only Memories 

A Akiba's Beat

Burnout Paradise Remastered

C The Council

D Danganronpa 1.2 Reloaded

E Exist Archive
F Fe

G Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
H Horizon Zero Dawn
I Indigo Prophecy
J Jak 1,2,3
K Killzone
L Little Nightmares
M Metro Redux( 2033 and Last Light, both come together so that's how I'll do them)
Nickelodeon Kart Racers and Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
O Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
P Pyre
Q
R RiME
S South Park Fractured But Whole
T The Banner Saga
U Until Dawn
V Vampyr, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
W The Witch and The Hundred Knight Revival Edition
X The Bureau: Xcom Declassified 
Y Yakuza 0
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (free letter switch for Q)

 

Edited by flashpool23
Switched a few games, added number game, finalized list, completed games post
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to change W to World of Final Fantasy. At the rate I am going through my current backlog, what with Sims 4's new magical game pack making me play Sims 4 again, Dragon Quest XI S and Ni no Kuni remastered coming out later this month and FFVIII remastered taking my life, I'm probably never going to get to touch World of Final Fantasy until 2020 anyways. xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I decided to change W to World of Final Fantasy. At the rate I am going through my current backlog, what with Sims 4's new magical game pack making me play Sims 4 again, Dragon Quest XI S and Ni no Kuni remastered coming out later this month and FFVIII remastered taking my life, I'm probably never going to get to touch World of Final Fantasy until 2020 anyways. xD

Are you also planning to get through the dlc even if it has no trophies? 😄

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

Are you also planning to get through the dlc even if it has no trophies? 1f604.png

You mean the Maxima update? I might go through some of it. Probably not the superboss. But I do intend to explore it a little.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Letter

Game Title

Platform

Current Percent

Game Start

Game Finish

A

Atelier Rorona ~The Alchemist of Arland~ DX

PS4

0%

 

 

B

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

PS4

 

 

 

C

Child of Light

PS4

 

 

 

D

Dark Cloud

PS4

 

 

 

E

Exist Archive

PS4

 

 

 

F

Far Cry Primal

PS4

 

 

 

G

Graveyard Keeper

PS4

 

 

 

H

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland

PS4

 

 

 

I

In Space we Brawl

PS4

 

 

 

J

Jak 3

PS4

 

 

 

K

Kingdom: Two Crowns

PS4

 

 

 

L

LEGO The Hobbit

PS4

 

 

 

M

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS4

 

 

 

N

Ni no Kuni II

PS4

 

 

 

O

Okami HD

PS4

 

 

 

P

Pixel Piracy

PS4

 

 

 

Q

Quest of Dungeons

PS4

 

 

 

R

Rogue Galaxy

PS4

 

 

 

S

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

PS3

 

 

 

T

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

PS3

 

 

 

U

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered

PS4

 

 

 

V

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

PS4

 

 

 

W

Wasteland 2

PS4

 

 

 

X

XCOM: Enemy Within

PS3

 

 

 

Y

Yooka-Laylee

PS4

 

 

 

Z

Zero Time Dilemma

PS4

 

 

 

Edited by Ashuri-B
Finalizing List! - 28th Dec, 2019
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,  I've got question about with games starting with symbol, like √Letter? Should I use R for Root (√), L for letter, or it depends on what I want to choose, similar to numbers?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.