Bad Game

Demortuus

1. Worst controls I have ever seen in a game like this (Telltale, Quantic Dream, other Live Action games like Nightshift etc.)

1. At least you are not being forced to play with your Smartphone like Hidden Agenda

2. But instead of making Playstation combatible controls like: Circle -> Choice A, X -> Choice B, etc. They rely solely on the touchpad which results in unexpected behaviour like taking the wrong choice. It is apparent that this game was developed as a Play Link game and later "ported" to be PS4 Controller compatible.

3. The only instance where the touchpad would even be acceptable is for things like dusting off a table or opening a door

2. Illusion of choice
    1. Whatever you do, choices always results in the same outcome, sometimes even the exact same dialogue, except the major choices
    2. Spoiler

Spoiler

For example, you can not alter the story element of being subjected to the 'pink stuff' when hanging out with one of the three girls

3. There is no 'skip watched' function and every trophy requires you to finish the current playtrough, which means you have to suffer through the same scenes and choices multiple times

4. The only redeeming thing is, if you look at it as a ~90 minute Movie, the story is not bad

5. If this would have been a cheap Mobile Game, I would have rated this 5/5 in the respective Mobile Store, but as it stands I rated this 1/5 in PSN

Edited by Demortuus
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...

Playing this in July 2020 as it was free on PS+ I am having a very frustrating time trying to get different endings. They keep switching the feedback on the decisions on some you start at the solid end of the swipe and end at the transparent then just occassionally its the opposite. This is particularly frustrating as that switch up happens on the stay in the apartment choice and twice now I had messed up runs now because of this.

I agree that a skip feature would've been nice because I'm on my second run (first was a blind playthrough) and in order to get the plat you have to do it 5-6 times and having to watch the cutscenes over and over again will get tedious 

The Complex had a skip feature and that made it so much faster to clean up the remaining trophies

Trying to plat it 5-6 playthroughs was soul draining (probably because I did it pretty much back to back). It was fun / interesting for 2-3 playthroughs.

I had no issues with the DS4 Touch pad, but using physical buttons for choices makes more sense for sure.

Edited by SnizelPS

I've done 2 playthroughs on my iPad and the controls are definitely perfectly fine then. I can imagine that the smaller the toucharea, the harder it gets, i.e. tablet > phone > DS4.

The first playthrough was a nice experience and movie wise it did make sense. On my 2nd playthrough I purposely took some unusual choices to trigger certain things and then some plotholes quickly became apparent. I can imagine though it's almost impossible to make design a lot of distinct paths while still guaranteeing overall consistency whatever the player chooses. 

It's probably ideal to replay once a month or so..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished the game and got the platinum in 5 full playtrough. I have tried with the ps4 pad and have absolutely no problem getting the choice that I wanted. I also have tried with the app on an old tablet and it was better thanks to a big area for moving the cursor. Anyway, no problem in any case. 

The story on the other hand, was something like a B-Movie. Non entirely bad, but not good either. 

• 2 years later...

It especially annoys me how easy it is to botch certain conditions because of the awkward PS controller touchpad controls. It seems I just voided "We Need To Talk" despite trying to choose the right option. Instead of following, I'm stuck in the apartment.

On 14/07/2020 at 7:29 AM, Nexrecro said:

Playing this in July 2020 as it was free on PS+ I am having a very frustrating time trying to get different endings. They keep switching the feedback on the decisions on some you start at the solid end of the swipe and end at the transparent then just occassionally its the opposite. This is particularly frustrating as that switch up happens on the stay in the apartment choice and twice now I had messed up runs now because of this.

Looks like I'm not the only one. Except this has happened to me only once so far ?

Edited by Antiristus

• 4 months later...

this game absolutely sucks ass, honestly after playing this game about 10 times it gets so repetitve and boring and with the dodgy touch pad it makes this game way worse i messes up one choice and it set me back a whole playthrough, this really sucked, i have the plat now after what seemed like ages but i would never recommend this game to anyone expecially not trophy hunters. i got this game free on playstation plus and i would have wished playstation would have paid me to play this shitty game. never deleted it so fast after finishing it. worst game i gave played all year and its not even over yet 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Totally agreed, as a one-time movie it's okay but... If You're a trophy hunter then just avoid this game - use an alt account to not mess up your trophy statistics at least.

As a Platinum game this is just stupid-boring and reptetive. The minimum is 5 playthroughs + save game reuse for the last ending. But don't think it's easy to achieve the 5 because the controls are from hell.

It's not just that You'll have to use a stupid mobile app (don't even try the gamepad control as it's even worse), what is worst is that the controls switch from directive to swipes without making any sense or warnings so You'll prolly end up more than one time making a totally unwanted decision - thus wasting hours of your lifetime.

I really regret to have started this game on my main account -.-

Edited by pYRoHK