Disappearing Trophies...

WakeUpHP

So as can be seen from my profile on here, I got the 100% for LittleBigPlanet eight years ago or thereabouts.  About 5 years ago I got a new PS3, set the language to French, and recently played LBP exclusively offline with my nephew.  This caused the language of the list to change to French, but no other changes were apparent at the time.  Recently however I noticed that while the list was still at 100% on the XMB, under information it read only 48/48 trophies - with the DLC being excluded.  I decided to rectify this by reinstalling the game with all the updates, but now instead of giving me back the old trophies, it now reads 72%, 48/70.  On this site, I'm still at 100% obviously, and my online trophy list still reads 100%, so I'm not terribly worried, but the 72% is still an eyesore.

I've tried the usual synchronising, earning a trophy in another game and then synchronising, playing through a few levels of LBP, downloading the two DLC packs in question, but nothing has worked so far.  I suppose I could try to re-earn one trophy or even all the trophies from the DLC packs but I have no idea what will happen if I do with strange timestamps or whatever, and I don't want to fuck things up any more than I already have, so suggestions would be welcome!

Edited by WakeUpHP

I've never heard anyone having this kind of problem before. Personally, I'd contact Sony's support first before trying to re-earn a trophy - as you said, it might mess with your list.

oh, also...:

1 hour ago, WakeUpHP said:

On this site, I'm still at 100% obviously, and my online trophy list still reads 100%, so I'm not terribly worried, but the 72% is still an eyesore.

22 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I don't see how this is a problem. You have the trophies so just forgot about it. 

38nezc.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah part of the reason why I posted is because I've never seen or heard of anything like this before; trophies can disappear, but usually synchronising makes them reappear.   I'm very curious to see what will happen if I re-earn/superimpose a trophy, I'm fairly confident that it shouldn't mess with the original timestamps, but I have a 9 year old, 100% account so I'm absolutely not going to fuck around with it just to sate my curiosity lol.

I might contact Sony if nobody here can help, but there's bound to be someone on here who knows exactly how the system functions - I have faith in the wisdom of the PSNP community!

Edited by WakeUpHP

36 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

Yeah part of the reason why I posted is because I've never seen or heard of anything like this before; trophies can disappear, but usually synchronising makes them reappear.   I'm very curious to see what will happen if I re-earn/superimpose a trophy, I'm fairly confident that it shouldn't mess with the original timestamps, but I have a 9 year old, 100% account so I'm absolutely not going to fuck around with it just to sate my curiosity lol.

I might contact Sony if nobody here can help, but there's bound to be someone on here who knows exactly how the system functions - I have faith in the wisdom of the PSNP community!

You can try deleting your PS3 profile, creating a new one and then logging into your account.

I've had some weird issues in the past myself where I'd have a trophy be unlocked, but then it somehow glitched and I'd be able to reearn it without changing the time stamp. I've had this happen on PS3 and PS4 with my most recent problem being with the new borderlands 2 dlc on PS4. Im not sure why changing the language would affect your list though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I've had some weird issues in the past myself where I'd have a trophy be unlocked, but then it somehow glitched and I'd be able to reearn it without changing the time stamp. I've had this happen on PS3 and PS4 with my most recent problem being with the new borderlands 2 dlc on PS4. Im not sure why changing the language would affect your list though.

I forgot to mention that this particular list seems to be stuck in French - it won't go to German or English or whatever else I set the console language to, even if I delete and reinstall the game data.  This is different from any other game as far as I can tell, so I'm thinking my issue may be because of LBP itself, since it seems that the way in which the save data functions is rather peculiar in comparison to most other games.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by WakeUpHP

5 hours ago, WakeUpHP said:

So as can be seen from my profile on here, I got the 100% for LittleBigPlanet eight years ago or thereabouts.  About 5 years ago I got a new PS3, set the language to French, and recently played LBP exclusively offline with my nephew.  This caused the language of the list to change to French, but no other changes were apparent at the time.  Recently however I noticed that while the list was still at 100% on the XMB, under information it read only 48/48 trophies - with the DLC being excluded.  I decided to rectify this by reinstalling the game with all the updates, but now instead of giving me back the old trophies, it now reads 72%, 48/70.  On this site, I'm still at 100% obviously, and my online trophy list still reads 100%, so I'm not terribly worried, but the 72% is still an eyesore.

I've tried the usual synchronising, earning a trophy in another game and then synchronising, playing through a few levels of LBP, downloading the two DLC packs in question, but nothing has worked so far.  I suppose I could try to re-earn one trophy or even all the trophies from the DLC packs but I have no idea what will happen if I do with strange timestamps or whatever, and I don't want to fuck things up any more than I already have, so suggestions would be welcome!

That sounds quite weird. Can you upload a picture of your trophy list in the PS3? The language thing, also. I remeber changing language on my console back in the day, and most trophies would resync to the current language, overwriting the previous one (except in cases where a list only had the original language intended by the developers).

Now that I read again, you mentioned that you got a NEW PS3 about 5 years ago. Was there a previous one where you got your save data? If so, maybe it's some sort of conflict between the two systems, the new one being in french. Maybe a solution would be to transfer your save file to the new console. That may rectify the situation.

• Like 1

Yep, a new PS3, after having got the 100% on my old one.  I already thought of booting up the old one and trying to transfer the data over or simply syncing trophies with it again, but it's unfortunately totally bricked - it doesn't even turn on correctly.  Having done a little research on the original LBP, it definitely seems like it used a very unique and rigid save data system that's since been made obsolete, and this is what's causing the problem.  So despite the eyesore, I think I'll just ignore it for the time being, since the problem is localised exclusively to my offline PS3, and if ever I change console or whatever it should rectify itself.