Final Fantasy VIII Remastered trophy list revealed

17 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I was dumb enough to preorder it. Don’t do it! The free theme is horrible. Just buy it on release or wait for it to go down in price.

I pre-ordered just because I was happy to support the devs and SE since I wasn't even expecting this game to ever get a re-release on current gen, so I was excited for that. The theme cant be that bad, but either way, I would've got it when it came out for full price anyways so at least I'm getting something out of it.

Just now, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I pre-ordered just because I was happy to support the devs and SE since I wasn't even expecting this game to ever get a re-release on current gen, so I was excited for that. The theme cant be that bad, but either way, I would've got it when it came out for full price anyways so at least I'm getting something out of it.

If you preordered it you should have that theme. It is said to be a dynamic theme but it is clearly static and the music choice out of all the great music in that game was just bad...

• Like 1

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

If you preordered it you should have that theme. It is said to be a dynamic theme but it is clearly static and the music choice out of all the great music in that game was just bad...

I was a bit disappointed with the Dynamic Theme from Fallout 76, it was pretty much just dust floating around, so I get the sentiment. As far as the music is concerned, I sadly game with the volume somewhat low since I'm usually playing when the baby is asleep so the music is usually justttt loud enough for me to hear it. Sad, considering there are some soundtracks I'd love to get immersed in while playing. I have many OSTs on a flash drive and listen to them while driving sometimes to compensate lol

24 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I was dumb enough to preorder it. Don’t do it! The free theme is horrible. Just buy it on release or wait for it to go down in price.

The images are lame and old. They could have used some new images at least...

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I agree. He hits pretty hard for that part of the game and that might be why people put off on the fight, but most of his skillset is only taking away percentages of your health. The fight is easy early on as long as you manage your health. I always get it out of the way as early as possible since his abilities are too good to pass up. 

All you need to do is cast Blind on him. Then you can't die, just keep using his Demi on him and take him out with Limit Breaks at the end since all 3 characters will have yellow health

Edited by sephiroth4424

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There's no reason not to use it immediately anyways, he's easy to beat, and he mainly uses demi and gravija. You can even use demi on him as he's not immune to it

During my first playthroughs, i've always obtained Diablos after reaching Fisherman's Horizon, for whatever reason lol. However i eventually learnt to get it immediatly. The first time i ever played FF8 was when a friend of mine came to my house and let me play the final boss battle from CD1. He told me not to touch that item because the boss fight was impossible for him lol. That thing reminded me of when my cousin told me to avoid Emerald Weapon in the submarine (from FF7) ahah...

Edited by Lance_87

11 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

All you need to do is cast Blind on him. Then you can't die, just keep using his Demi on him and take him out with Limit Breaks at the end since all 3 characters will have yellow health

Forgot he is susceptible to it! I'm so used to hoarding magic that I completely forgot about blinding him lol. Guess that saves me checking that when I would have played and got my ass handed to me

Hmmm... you know, this isn't too bad of a trophy list. I mean the Triple Traid CC Club side-quest may be a pain but I've managed to beat the CC Queen in the original game so it's not that difficult, and the required side-quests are really easy, especially if you follow the original Power Up guide to make everyone super-uber. :)

This may be the first Final Fantasy port I actually will look into. ;)

2 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

I do remember using Diablo for a great portion of the game, he was quite useful for bosses. Memory is very vague here though...couldn't you power up the gf's with items or something? Like I remember one of them brought the store to you somehow. Man it's been so long lol.

Yes it's Tonberry's Call Shop. You could visit all shops you visited from the menu without having to go in towns, even in CD4.

You could even make the summons unlearn their abilities and replace them with better ones, or make them learn immediatly.

• Like 1