Beginner Mode (Unchanging Armor)

Shao-Dao

• 3 months later...

Can you still get the trophy even though it automatically equips you with the items?

I figured I'd do three runs of the game. One on beginner to get undefeated and unchanging armor, a second one for proud mode and a third if needed for a speedrun. 

RikuAnsem isn't bad at all by the way. He seems easier in final mix no matter the difficulty. I had trouble with him when I was younger but upon playing final mix when it was on PS3 he was a pushover. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Can you still get the trophy even though it automatically equips you with the items?

You can get the Trophy as long as you don't remove anything for anyone, I even clicked on the Equipment screen and checked what the stats were, for the starting Equipment. For future players, don't go farther than that, meaning don't click on any part of the Equipment individually.

I just got a couple hours ago, the Unchanging Armor, with the Speed Run Trophy. I got the Platinum for this game on PS3 like 5 years ago, but I didn't remember it being this much of a pain in The End Of The World. Beat it at Level 51 on Beginner in about 8 hours, even on Beginner with the same Keyblade and armor, makes it more difficult than Proud Mode. I had problems with Chernabog, even with Aero, upgraded to Aerora and I was fine.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, Shao-Dao said:

Beginner mode also gives you a load of STR and DEF ups at the start!

I just completed my beginner difficulty playthrough for unchanging armor. It was rather uneventful, sometimes a bit long to kill bosses, until I reached Riku II and really hit a wall. After perusing the forum, I discovered that beginner mode on Final Mix gives you these stat boosting items to make the game even easier! Upon using them, I had no problem beating him at all. 

Basically, because I couldn’t change equipment I never entered the Item menu either. Don’t be a scrub like me and make it less painful from the beginning! Use those STR and DEF ups for your run!

Good luck everyone :)

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I have been stuck on this fight for months now and taken several breaks from the game but this is the kind of no-nonsense information I have needed all along lol. I did not have the common sense to ever think of looking into what those items even were. I could cry rn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks so much. I feel like such an idiot, it's been so long since I last played KH that I forgot these items even exist. I couldn't defeat Chernabog but then used the boosts in my inventory and breezed through the fight. Struggled on the final fights, but found a few more boosts in chests (looking online for locations), completed Atlantica to level a couple then breezed through the final fights too. 

• 6 months later...

Wish I had read this earlier, went through the whole game up to Chernabog yesterday without noticing I had like 4 AP Up, 8 Power Up and 8 Defense Up items in stock. At least I made the remaining bits easier for myself, but I could have made all the sections that came before sooo much faster with that stat boost.

Edited by Umdytr

• 1 year later...

If I remember correctly, you go into the menu, go to items, click on the 'up' item, and then it will give you the option to 'use', and then you can select if you are going to use it on Sora, Donald, or Goofy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vitallani said:

If I remember correctly, you go into the menu, go to items, click on the 'up' item, and then it will give you the option to 'use', and then you can select if you are going to use it on Sora, Donald, or Goofy.

wow, I didn't know you can do this. I'll try it out, thank you !!!