Here Comes A New Challenger… trophy

konkrash2

I have sent over a dozen challenges to a second psn account and won them all but the trophy hasnt poped for me yet...

Does anyone else have/had this issue and mange to pop it in the end?

if so, how did u mange yo pop the trophy?

Edited by konkrash2
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, Beliar4 said:

Did you played them on your second account and lose the races?

Edit: Remember to do different challanges (Other tracks, race modes etc.)

Yes, ive done several different challenges, but it didnt registered them for the trophy.

The trophy only pop for me after i finished a several week long challenges.

Btw, I just poped it a few days ago, but thanks for the advice anyway :)

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem, I’m sending them to friend he’s playing , not winning , but still nothing. Any help guys ?

On 29/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, konkrash2 said:

Yes, ive done several different challenges, but it didnt registered them for the trophy.

The trophy only pop for me after i finished a several week long challenges.

Btw, I just poped it a few days ago, but thanks for the advice anyway :)

Same for me, I’m sending to a friend, he’s playing them , he doesn’t beat me but still nothing , any help please ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is a definite glitch with the servers updating the leaderboards, but this still popped for me after just 2 challenges despite the secondary account score not showing.  Seeing as a couple of people asked, my method was to create the challenge on my primary account and keep setting times until one of them showed on the leaderboard.  Then move onto the secondary account and set a score then was inferior to the primary.  If the challenges box was greyed out or it didn't connect to the servers, re-start the game.  On the first challenge (1 hour) the secondary score showed up with about 5 minutes left and completed fine.  For the second challenge (1 day) the secondary score was not showing so I gave up, but when I started the game the next day the trophy popped, so the secondary score must have registered even though it wasn't on the leaderboard.

All I can suggest is keep trying and maybe leave it for a while after the timer would complete to see if that works, possibly re-starting the game prompts the leaderboard to update.  I may have been in the game under both profiles at the same time, but didn't notice this making a difference. 

Drift challenge is much quicker, my score was quite low on both (700 - 1000) so I don't think it needs to be particularly high score to register.

Hope it helps someone.

Good luck!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, colfish said:

There is a definite glitch with the servers updating the leaderboards, but this still popped for me after just 2 challenges despite the secondary account score not showing.  Seeing as a couple of people asked, my method was to create the challenge on my primary account and keep setting times until one of them showed on the leaderboard.  Then move onto the secondary account and set a score then was inferior to the primary.  If the challenges box was greyed out or it didn't connect to the servers, re-start the game.  On the first challenge (1 hour) the secondary score showed up with about 5 minutes left and completed fine.  For the second challenge (1 day) the secondary score was not showing so I gave up, but when I started the game the next day the trophy popped, so the secondary score must have registered even though it wasn't on the leaderboard.

All I can suggest is keep trying and maybe leave it for a while after the timer would complete to see if that works, possibly re-starting the game prompts the leaderboard to update.  I may have been in the game under both profiles at the same time, but didn't notice this making a difference. 

Drift challenge is much quicker, my score was quite low on both (700 - 1000) so I don't think it needs to be particularly high score to register.

Hope it helps someone.

Good luck!

So after you send a challenge you played with your main account as long as a score show up on the leaderboard? If yes, do you use the restart button or you going to continue in the menu? Thanks for your tips. Maybe it will help! ?

• Like 1

I would come out to the main menu, give it a moment to (hopefully) update then go back in.  Often after doing that it wouldn't find the challenges and I would have to re-start the application.  For me it was pretty quick to register the primary account score, maybe only 3 or 4 tries.

Edited by colfish
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, colfish said:

I would come out to the main menu, give it a moment to (hopefully) update then go back in.  Often after doing that it wouldn't find the challenges and I would have to re-start the application.  For me it was pretty quick to register the primary account score, maybe only 3 or 4 tries.

So is it possible to register a score by replaying over and over the same challenge even if it didn’t save the one when you sent the challenge? And did you receive the pop up message saying you won a challenge when the challenge expire?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djeheuty said:

So is it possible to register a score by replaying over and over the same challenge even if it didn’t save the one when you sent the challenge? And did you receive the pop up message saying you won a challenge when the challenge expire?

Not quite sure what you mean by 'didn't save the one...', so please tell me if I answer the wrong thing.  I used the same track for both challenges, and they were active at the same time.  I did check that the challenge had been received by my secondary account, then just kept setting scores on the primary until one appeared on the leaderboard, but often the connection was lost and I had to re-start the app.  When my primary account was on the leaderboard I moved to the secondary.  I always did continue after the race rather than play again, as I wanted to be sure I knew if I had lost the server connection.

For the challenge where both scores appeared on the leaderboard I got the message, for the other one where the secondary score was not showing I gave up and shut down before it expired and the next time starting the game to my surprise the trophy popped.  I may just have been insanely lucky.

• Like 3

Regarding the challenges you won: Did you do get your scores showed up on the challenge leaderboards? I'm checking my ongoing challenges and the number of people who played them but the count always is "0". Rarily I got one of my challenges score showed up and it said "1". And I did manage to get both my main and secondary accounts' scores on one of those challenges (the count was "2", obviously). And when it ended, the result screen faded in, it said "Fame earned 4000". That's where I should make it to?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colfish said:

Not quite sure what you mean by 'didn't save the one...', so please tell me if I answer the wrong thing.  I used the same track for both challenges, and they were active at the same time.  I did check that the challenge had been received by my secondary account, then just kept setting scores on the primary until one appeared on the leaderboard, but often the connection was lost and I had to re-start the app.  When my primary account was on the leaderboard I moved to the secondary.  I always did continue after the race rather than play again, as I wanted to be sure I knew if I had lost the server connection.

For the challenge where both scores appeared on the leaderboard I got the message, for the other one where the secondary score was not showing I gave up and shut down before it expired and the next time starting the game to my surprise the trophy popped.  I may just have been insanely lucky.

Yeah I meant that when you send a challenge it’s supposed to come with a score, but most times it’s not the case. So you say the score can be registered on a later replay of the challenge, if it didn’t register when you sent it. Thank you for the detailed info, they will surely come handy.

Unfortunately up to now I was able to get both my main and alt scores registered just once and no expired challenge message along with fame earned ever popped up, I guess I’ll have to keep trying. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, colfish said:

I always did continue after the race rather than play again, as I wanted to be sure I knew if I had lost the server connection.

maybe that's the trick!

because me each time i just create a challenge quickly, play it once on main account, change account, play it on alt account,

then i play an other game and come back to driveclub after 1 hour,

and so far on around 30 challenges, i received only one notification, still need one of this notification for this trophy

7 hours ago, Ozer928 said:

I'm checking my ongoing challenges and the number of people who played them but the count always is "0"

i can tell you yesterday and the day before yesterday i did all your challenges you sent me, and i did the worst score as possible, it should really not show 0 player

anyway good luck to every one for this trophy

in the meanwhile i will try as said Colfish, to play the challenge as many times as needed to have a score showing up on leaderboard, even if I need to restart the game 100 times before to do the same on alt account

also does it works if i start the challenge from ps4 notification on the alt account? or I should really do it only if I can access the challenge from the ingame menu? 

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

i will try as said Colfish, to play the challenge as many times as needed to have a score showing up on leaderboard, even if I need to restart the game 100 times before to do the same on alt account

just tried it during 30mn, and I still have the same bug as usual:

- challenge menu greyed out

- can enter challenge menu but impossible to create any challenge

- can enter challenge menu but the challenge created doesn't appear

- and our favorite bug!!!! : restart the challenge 20 or 30 times, and restart the game half of the time (i do drift challenge to go faster) and still zero score on leaderboard....

- and on alt account zero challenge appear in the game, but there is the challenge notification in ps4 notifications

• Like 1

Step by step, this is how I created and did the challenges:-

Main menu -> Challenges -> Solo -> Create.  (If I got the spinning circle and a long pause, I restarted the app.)

I selected Cayoosh point/drift/Mini Cooper which was a short single event I had done in the past.

Set privacy to 'Invite Only', duration didn't matter, both 1 hour and 1 day worked for me.

Add recipients -> Driveclub friends only -> selected secondary profile.

Confirm and you should see 1 recipient selected.

Hit send.  Hopefully you should get a message saying it was successful, but if you get an error, re-start the app and try again.  I got error a couple of times, but nothing too bad.

Your secondary profile should get an invite.  On one of my challenges accepting the invite led to an error on the second profile, but this did not disable the challenge from counting towards the trophy.

Back to first profile, play challenge until a score appears in the leaderboard, then switch to secondary and try likewise. 

Then prey it registers when the event finishes. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozer928 said:

Regarding the challenges you won: Did you do get your scores showed up on the challenge leaderboards? I'm checking my ongoing challenges and the number of people who played them but the count always is "0". Rarily I got one of my challenges score showed up and it said "1". And I did manage to get both my main and secondary accounts' scores on one of those challenges (the count was "2", obviously). And when it ended, the result screen faded in, it said "Fame earned 4000". That's where I should make it to?

Hi Ozer,

On the first challenge both scores appeared on the leaderboard, it had a '2' on it, and if I remember there was a message saying I beat a friend.  For the second one I shut down before it expired when only the primary account was on the leaderboard (as I was convinced it had not worked), but the next time I started the game, the trophy popped.  What sort of challenge are you doing?  I didn't notice any message about fame I'm afraid.

Edited by colfish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, colfish said:

play challenge until a score appears in the leaderboard

thanks a lot for this trophy description colfish, i do everything exactly the same as you, except i never have any score appears in the leaderboard

but maybe the problem is i almost never receive the challenge in the ingame menu of my alt account, i just receive challenge notification in ps4 menu, and if i accept it the game is loading and i can do the challenge, so tomorrow my next try will be to send many challenges from my main account to alt account, and i will do only the challenges that really appear in the ingame menu of my alt account, maybe it's also better to set duration to one or two days (to have time to try to have scores appears in the leaderboard)

what a waste of time... but at least when i do those challenges with my main account it's always useful for the lvl60 trophy 

also hope that all those forum messages about this trophy can help other players, and (joke):

Spoiler

maybe it will give some clues for the dev team to fix this bug ?

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

@colfish how long/how many tries did it take you to get your score registered on the challenges leaderboard? so far i've spent nearly 12 hours over the last 2 days attempting to get even a single score registered but so far no luck, i'm starting to think that the server stability has worsened even further

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

@colfish how long/how many tries did it take you to get your score registered on the challenges leaderboard? so far i've spent nearly 12 hours over the last 2 days attempting to get even a single score registered but so far no luck, i'm starting to think that the server stability has worsened even further

I only took me 3 or 4 races, often with a couple of re-starts (app not system) to get the primary to appear on the leaderboard.  Maybe there are multiple servers, and I got lucky, but I didn't have anywhere near that difficulty.  I tried it again yesterday with the same results for myself.  If you are having that much strife, I suggest trying Sombroff's approach rather than mine, as there must be issues that I did just not experience.  Good luck!

i can confirm you have been very lucky colfish :-)

and the more funny is I have got this trophy this morning, now i help friend to have it, and I have received 2 new notifications of challenges won

rather than my step by step guide, maybe just take turn between challenge and multiplayer race, seems very important to do this two almost at same time to unlock this trophy

• Like 1