How do you get hardened iron?

iGGTheEnd

I need hardened iron to upgrade weapons to +20 but I can't find any,  is it only in Hard and Nightmare modes? Or maybe even just Nightmare?   Also if I reroll my character into Hard mode when I que up for online will I be matched with others playing hard mode?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

@chellesanSo I beat the dreamer, does this mean I need to reroll? Not finding any and I've explored all my maps 100% .

The game is pretty much designed for you to re-roll after you've finished the story. When you enter an area for the first time it will look at your average gear score and scale difficulty and crafting mats to that level. So if you've technically discovered all areas in your first playthrough, then it's not going to spawn anything higher than the last area you entered for the first time. It also might be a question of upgrading your other slotted gear items to a higher rating, but if you've maxed all that out and now need hardened Iron, it's a re-roll that's needed.

Based on the fact that you've explored everything 100% and finished the story, then you'll need to re-roll to carry on. It looks like you haven't encountered Pan Wolf or Claviger, so you'll need to re-roll again for the chance to encounter them. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The game is pretty much designed for you to re-roll after you've finished the story. When you enter an area for the first time it will look at your average gear score and scale difficulty and crafting mats to that level. So if you've technically discovered all areas in your first playthrough, then it's not going to spawn anything higher than the last area you entered for the first time. It also might be a question of upgrading your other slotted gear items to a higher rating, but if you've maxed all that out and now need hardened Iron, it's a re-roll that's needed.

Based on the fact that you've explored everything 100% and finished the story, then you'll need to re-roll to carry on. It looks like you haven't encountered Pan Wolf or Claviger, so you'll need to re-roll again for the chance to encounter them. 

Yeah I am missing a couple of bosses. I was hoping to grind out that spot in rhom with the unlimited enemies spawning at that floor puzzle for the mats. Oh well, reroll it is. Thanks.

4 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Yeah I am missing a couple of bosses. I was hoping to grind out that spot in rhom with the unlimited enemies spawning at that floor puzzle for the mats. Oh well, reroll it is. Thanks.

Ya I just rerolled finding a decent amount of Hardened now, hoping I can get more at a time further into the game.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1