TLOU - Best Approach for Campaign Trophies

thatorly

Hello fellow hunters, I started a new PSN account and I really want The Last of Us to be my first Platimum. Right now, I'm about to get my last multiplayer trophy and I was wondering what is the best and fastest approach to get all the campaign trophies, including the Grounded modes.

How many playthroughs should I go for? Any legit way to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatorly said:

Hello fellow hunters, I started a new PSN account and I really want The Last of Us to be my first Platimum. Right now, I'm about to get my last multiplayer trophy and I was wondering what is the best and fastest approach to get all the campaign trophies, including the Grounded modes.

How many playthroughs should I go for? Any legit way to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.

pick easy difficulty if you want your playthrough to be fast. so like this:

first playthrough on easy + all collectibles

2nd and last playthrough, do the grounded difficulty exploit and play through on grounded+

at the end of your grounded+ playthrough, all difficulty trophies unlocked and platinum (as long as none of the collectible trophies glitch on you)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm working on TLOU for this profile right now, but I have gotten the platinum before in the past. I played through on easy to enjoy the story again without worrying about anything else. However, I would recommend playing on easy or normal first while following a collectible guide so you don't have to worry about collectibles in grounded or can get a second chance on any you missed. There's a lot of collectibles and the in game tracking in this title is very poor. Take note of any you missed, you can pick them up in new game + and pop the trophy without having to grab them all again. 

When you're done with first play through, you'll go to new game plus mode. Play the intro on the easy difficulty you unlocked, but after you've completed the intro, quit out to main menu and then go to chapter select and you'll be able to choose any difficulty. Play through on Grounded+ and  when you finish, you'll unlock every difficulty trophy remaining. If you missed any collectibles you can get them during this play through. Grounded is a much different experience. You will rarely see crafting supplies and ammo. So you have to conserve as much as possible. You should always be looking to complete objectives by stealth wherever its possible to save supplies. Grounded also gives less of things even when you do find them. You might also decide some of them aren't worth the risk. Because of these factors, you may still need weapon upgrades and pills for Joel when you finish your second play through. If you do, play on easy again where these things are plentiful.You should only need a small partial playthrough to wrap that up. 

The first time I got the platinum, I didn't have enough parts at the end of both playthroughs to fully upgrade all weapons. So, even though all I really needed was about 100 parts, I had to play three quarters of the game again because the weapon I needed to upgrade was the final one you get in the game. So save up your parts and upgrade the the El Diablo and the Flamethrower fully first. You'll have all the other weapons you'll by Chapter 4 so it is much faster if those are the ones you have to upgrade last. This time around, I added both holsters and two or three pistol upgrades and then started saving.

Edited by spacey_dweeb

On 2019-08-26 at 0:39 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

pick easy difficulty if you want your playthrough to be fast. so like this:

first playthrough on easy + all collectibles

2nd and last playthrough, do the grounded difficulty exploit and play through on grounded+

at the end of your grounded+ playthrough, all difficulty trophies unlocked and platinum (as long as none of the collectible trophies glitch on you)

This is way to go. Will minimize playthroughs while also making Grounded easier since you start will all/some upgrades, not that it's hard if you played through the game once already.

Edited by Quink666