PS Now thread needs to be added

Is there enough to discuss that wouldn’t make more sense in the actual console category of whatever game would ultimately be discussed?

It’s not as if Now has exclusive games and anything to do with Now as a service could and should be discussed under PlayStation Network. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

I can see the argument for why there shouldn't be an area for PS Now but I certainly wouldn't mind one either because as it is, it's difficult searching for any ps now related topic without having to do the research method of searching the whole forum and limiting the search to content titles only. Otherwise, I get a bunch of posts with ps now in it and not topics.

9 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

I can see the argument for why there shouldn't be an area for PS Now but I certainly wouldn't mind one either because as it is, it's difficult searching for any ps now related topic without having to do the research method of searching the whole forum and limiting the search to content titles only. Otherwise, I get a bunch of posts with ps now in it and not topics.

That's what I'm asking for information about. What specific topics about PS Now are you searching for? Can you give specific examples so I can understand the likely content?

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That's what I'm asking for information about. What specific topics about PS Now are you searching for? Can you give specific examples so I can understand the likely content?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/

Enough content for you?

I ll use reddit, it is ok

Edited by waltdisneypixar

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Yeah I was about to write them out just now but seeing the Reddit forum above kinda showed me it wouldn't be too full of responses. Generally I search for things such as "what games are on the service? Have any been removed? What gets added next month? What games are trophy supported and what games are not? Why is my network not allowing me to stream when it had previously said I had a good enough internet connection? Are games up to date as in patched if streamed? Can I play dlc for the games?" 

But by typing it out I realized it's more troubleshooting or at least simple questions that aren't too conversational. I'd have liked it for convenience mostly as it really is hard to find the answers online for the most part but I think a dedicated forum topic would at least work for it. Like a FAQ thread that answers things for it. I don't know if that's just me though.

21 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

What I would be curious about would be which games on Now include the DLC. I've heard that some do but most don't. You can't necessarily tell which ones though. It'd be cool if we could compile a list of which ones do.

From what I see, it's just those that say 'Game of the Year edition' or 'Complete edition' or something similar to definitive edition.

10 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

From what I see, it's just those that say 'Game of the Year edition' or 'Complete edition' or something similar to definitive edition.

I have heard that Enslaved Odyssey to the West has DLC but it doesn't say anywhere whether it actually does or not. I do have the game on PS3 so it's not a big deal but it would be nice to know for sure.

While I could certainly use a PSNow info thread, I feel like the info I would want (alphabetical listing of all available titles, with special listings of those which have DLC) would require a good bit of heavy lifting from the TC (or the site), and the overall impact would be minimal (I wouldn't actually post that often in the thread, but instead would just look at it).

14 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I have heard that Enslaved Odyssey to the West has DLC but it doesn't say anywhere whether it actually does or not. I do have the game on PS3 so it's not a big deal but it would be nice to know for sure.

It does have the Pigsy DLC.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-28 at 6:10 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Just to be clear, it had the DLC circa 2017 (it's how I 100%'ed the game). I doubt they took it down, however.

It was still there in May of last year, which is when I went back to the DLC and finished it up. Like you, I doubt they've taken it down since. I feel like if they were going to remove it they'd remove the entire game.

• Like 1