Weapon efficency grind

So at the kind of end game grind now to get all the weapon efficiency up 

It seems easy enough besides sniper riffles ?

I've used it pretty much my whole playthrough but can't seem to get it to 1000, I've been running around some of the area killing the monsters which seemed to work well with the handgun/ assualt riffle/ shotgun and SMG but the sniper riffle just doesn't seem to move 

Not started the battling yet 

Any tips 

• 5 months later...

It's crazy how nobody can come to a consensus on how to properly level these weapons. Even the trophy guide is unreliable. Some people say play extreme, others say don't. Some people say use a weak weapon and get alot of hits, others say use your strongest weapon and go for crits. Also almost all of the information on the internet is from 2018. It goes dark after that. Rocket launchers, snipers and swords are painful to level and you have to do swords twice. It's really frustrating when nothing is working and nobody has any answers. I would rather level 10,000 sword skills in Hallow Realization again then level swords twice in this game.

Edited by VanDeaM
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Best method to max sword and gun & sword is the artillery enemy in Behemoth MT-02 fight (online normal quest). I did both under one hour from 0 to 1000.

The second weapon you should have equipped is a handgun so you can use the weapon art which allows you to spam skills.

Best skill for sword is Star Splash 1,2 as it does many hits. Until you get SS2, use Horizontal Slash

The same enemy is perfect for the other weapons as well.

For handgunsshotguns, SMG, AR, sniper rifles, just use the ones that have the highest Rate of Fire

For gattling guns equip Heat Detonators and Graviton shot. And for launchers it is best to dual wield and use all 4 versions of Graviton Shots. Same deal like swords, second weapon is handgun for its weapon art.

To maximize yours gains per minute, try this method at level 270, so your stupid AI members won't waste the 30 lives you have under 10 minutes. And use Conceal (highest you have) so they will never target you.

As for the actual method, it's simple. Run to the artillery enemy and stay right next to it with your back at the wall. With conceal you will not get hit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm only lvl 124, I've been doing Subway B boss runs for shotgun but its pretty boring. Are there any other ways, like being carried by lvl 300 on coop-quests while they kill the enemies you're shooting at?

Nah that's not how it works. Weapon proficiency counts on a per-shot basis not how many kills you get. If you are going for all the trophies you should have enough time to max out most of them. I have completed the story and working through the DLC now. Have most of the weapons maxed except the swords, launchers and snipers. It's a bit of a grind but shouldn't take too long. Use dual wield weapons with a high fire rate and you will get there. Happy hunting.

14 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm only lvl 124, I've been doing Subway B boss runs for shotgun but its pretty boring. Are there any other ways, like being carried by lvl 300 on coop-quests while they kill the enemies you're shooting at?

The level of the enemies doesn't seem to affect proficiency. The hits increase it. Only reason guides suggest to play on extreme is because enemies have more health, therefore more hits. You should attempt the method i've explained above. Even if AI waste 30 lives in 5 minutes, it's still a fast way. Use Conceal. Unless that fight is available only if you have the dlcs

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The level of the enemies doesn't seem to affect proficiency. The hits increase it. Only reason guides suggest to play on extreme is because enemies have more health, therefore more hits. You should attempt the method i've explained above. Even if AI waste 30 lives in 5 minutes, it's still a fast way. Use Conceal. Unless that fight is available only if you have the dlcs

I tried that method yesterday with the shotgun, I stood next to the artillery and was emptying rounds on it. Did like 0 damage as the health bar didn't even change. After my AI died 30 times, I checked the proficiency of the shotgun and it had increased like 6 points after a few minutes. Didn't try on extreme. Am I doing something wrong besides extreme?

Edit: I didn't need to use conceal because if you stand next to the artillery, it will try to shoot you but miss and it's not killing the AI this way

1 hour ago, OmerSenpai said:

Nah that's not how it works. Weapon proficiency counts on a per-shot basis not how many kills you get. If you are going for all the trophies you should have enough time to max out most of them. I have completed the story and working through the DLC now. Have most of the weapons maxed except the swords, launchers and snipers. It's a bit of a grind but shouldn't take too long. Use dual wield weapons with a high fire rate and you will get there. Happy hunting.

I'm using dual shotgun currently and it works well. 

Is there a faster way than my current method doing Subway B, fast travelling between depths and midpoint, killing the boss on easy? I seem to gain around 35-40 points per kill

Edited by Erkawest

31 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I tried that method yesterday with the shotgun, I stood next to the artillery and was emptying rounds on it. Did like 0 damage as the health bar didn't even change. After my AI died 30 times, I checked the proficiency of the shotgun and it had increased like 6 points after a few minutes. Didn't try on extreme. Am I doing something wrong besides extreme?

Edit: I didn't need to use conceal because if you stand next to the artillery, it will try to shoot you but miss and it's not killing the AI this way

I'm using dual shotgun currently and it works well. 

Is there a faster way than my current method doing Subway B, fast travelling between depths and midpoint, killing the boss on easy? I seem to gain around 35-40 points per kill

I did almost no damage as well and got 350 points in 10 minutes with swords. For weapons use the ones that have the highest Rate of Fire. If you can dual wield them, even better

@Erkawest It's easier if you have the DLC Dissonance of The Nexus. Just do the same dungeon over again. It gives you decent proficiency even on normal. I managed to max out SMGs, Shotguns and Handguns in that one dungeon. If you don't own the DLC just run through the biggest dungeon killing everything. Don't travel to the Midpoints just run through the entire dungeon.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

I just did this method again.

5min 20second did the AI last. My shotgun proficiency went from 499 to 506

4 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Yeah that's not working at all. So try the usual method for guns and use the artillery only for swords

What is the usual method? Currently farming Subway B boss on easy for 31-36 proficiency per kill. I wonder why theres a number difference? Do critical hits affect anything?

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

What is the usual method? Currently farming Subway B boss on easy for 31-36 proficiency per kill. I wonder why theres a number difference? Do critical hits affect anything?

I mean the method the guide suggests. There is a very good spot against a Bee NM (Solo Stinger i think was the name) that spawns several other bees forever as long as you don't kill the NM. But that spot is in the dlc snowy area.

What raises the proficiency fast is hits, the more the better. I don't think criticals or hits on the weak spots do any difference

On 10/16/2020 at 0:44 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Best method to max sword and gun & sword is the artillery enemy in Behemoth MT-02 fight (online normal quest). I did both under one hour from 0 to 1000.

The second weapon you should have equipped is a handgun so you can use the weapon art which allows you to spam skills.

Best skill for sword is Star Splash 1,2 as it does many hits. Until you get SS2, use Horizontal Slash

The same enemy is perfect for the other weapons as well.

For handgunsshotguns, SMG, AR, sniper rifles, just use the ones that have the highest Rate of Fire

For gattling guns equip Heat Detonators and Graviton shot. And for launchers it is best to dual wield and use all 4 versions of Graviton Shots. Same deal like swords, second weapon is handgun for its weapon art.

To maximize yours gains per minute, try this method at level 270, so your stupid AI members won't waste the 30 lives you have under 10 minutes. And use Conceal (highest you have) so they will never target you.

As for the actual method, it's simple. Run to the artillery enemy and stay right next to it with your back at the wall. With conceal you will not get hit

Okay the Sword & Sword/gun are the last ones I need. So I decided to give this method a try... Sorry to say but after 2 attempts, my proficency went up only to 20.

I dont know when you did this method, it might have been patched if it was a while ago because for me it's not working to spam these skills, even with the gun ability

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Okay the Sword & Sword/gun are the last ones I need. So I decided to give this method a try... Sorry to say but after 2 attempts, my proficency went up only to 20.

I dont know when you did this method, it might have been patched if it was a while ago because for me it's not working to spam these skills, even with the gun ability

There is no patch from the time i did it, and one of my friends used this method for swords last week and it worked as described above. I was getting 350 points per 9-10 minutes. Unless you are doing it different, the only explanation is your level. I tried it at level 270 and was doing little damage, 5-10 points. If you are doing zero damage, maybe that's the issue

Edited by sephiroth4424

19 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

There is no patch from the time i did it, and one of my friends used this method for swords last week and it worked as described above. I was getting 350 points per 9-10 minutes. Unless you are doing it different, the only explanation is your level. I tried it at level 270 and was doing little damage, 5-10 points. If you are doing zero damage, maybe that's the issue

I am doing this:

1. Level 130

2. Easy

3. Coop mission - Normal - 275 Behemoth

4. Spamming starburst, basic attacks etc

5. Doing damage but it's not moving the health bar of the Artillery

So then level/damage output affects proficiency too? Then it's not the amount of hits that only count

18 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I am doing this:

1. Level 130

2. Easy

3. Coop mission - Normal - 275 Behemoth

4. Spamming starburst, basic attacks etc

5. Doing damage but it's not moving the health bar of the Artillery

So then level/damage output affects proficiency too? Then it's not the amount of hits that only count

Starburst? Is it the skill where you hit 20-30 times? Also you shouldn't spam basic attacks. When i was doing it, i was spamming that skill (1 and 2) constantly. By the time one finished the animation, the other was available (also using the handguns weapon art)

19 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Starburst? Is it the skill where you hit 20-30 times? Also you shouldn't spam basic attacks. When i was doing it, i was spamming that skill (1 and 2) constantly. By the time one finished the animation, the other was available (also using the handguns weapon art)

Yes, Star Splash is the name*

I have tried everything. Basic attack run, skills only run, mixes run. Sadly doesn't work (at low level?)

Well doesn't matter, I'm almost done with the last skill Sword & Gun so this grind will be over. Was running normal dungeon bosses and getting 24-36 proficency per run which is not too bad