Control: Discussion

reiner-

This game is a trip. These bodies that just hang in the air give this game the creepiest feeling. I don't trust them for a second.

For some reason when playing this I get Prey (the original) vibes.

There are a few minor problems with texture pop-ins like when are looking for directions and you need to read a sign it takes a couple of seconds for the words on the sign to render.

The map sometimes takes a while to render also.

I'm probably 10 hours in and still enjoying it.

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Only played for about an hour before bed and yeah, the game is great so far and no problems on my end.  Agree about the creepiness with the floating bodies and the voices.... holly shit the voices.

The voices are insane. It's Senua's Sacrifice turned up to 11.

• Like 3

Question: Did the Tactical Response Gear pre-order come on a sheet of paper?

I got the deluxe version and it came with the paper with a code for those 'extras' but it didn't have the Tactical Response Gear code.

Am I missing it or something? ?

Edited by Jamescush147

6 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

I got the deluxe version and it came with the paper with a code for those 'extras' but it didn't have the Tactical Response Gear code.

Am I missing it or something? 1f615.png

I only got the preordered edition. To access the gear I had to first "cleanse" the first control point.

Does the Tactical Response Gear include a different outfit?

Edited by reiner-

1 minute ago, reiner- said:

I only got the preordered edition. To access the gear I had to first "cleanse" the first control point.

Is the Tactical Response Gear include a different outfit?

Yeah it looks like this:

I did get the outfit that came with the deluxe, And that had a code and paper.

And I like the above one.

44 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Catchy song in the game:

And a part of the lyrics:
https://i.imgur.com/Y5m56di

That's Poets of the Fall & the song is called My Dark Disquiet which is from their newest album Ultraviolet.

As I'm a fan of theirs I can offer a bit of background that you may not know:

Marko, the lead singer or Poets is one of Sam Lake's (Remedy Studios creative director & lead writer) best friends & they collaborate on every game.

They contributed several songs to the Max Payne series, one of their own songs & 2 original songs to Alan Wake & I believe they also had music in Quantum Break but as I've never played it I couldn't say which.

They have 2 songs in this game, My Dark Disquiet & a special one they did especially for Control called Take Control.

They also have a song from their fictional alter egos Old Guards of Asgard (Alan Wake characters who sang & played the 2 original songs they made for it) hidden in Control but I haven't found it yet. I suspect it's something to with the Jukebox AWI in the Executive Sector though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

Am I missing it or something? 1f615.png

Having this issue as well. Pre-ordered the game from Gamestop. No code for the tactical gear outfit on the receipt.

9 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

Hopefully they will e-mail it? 1f612.png

Just a follow up, I did call Gamestop yesterday to explain the issue. They tried to be very helpful, but were unable to find a backup code for the pre-order items, which would be the normal fix for this problem. He said it was unusual for them to not have access to any sort of backup code like that.

Disappointing, but I'm just gonna play without it.

This game gives me the willies all the time and last night I encountered that one hiss that goes invisible, looks straight out of stranger things and to top it off, she screams at you for attacks.

Please nerf??

Have you lot seen Jesse.... assets in the Astral dive suit? ???

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1