how to get all 3 endings

UlvenFenrir

i know theres information out there on how to obtain the endings but even i had to look up several places to confirm how it works because one guide says one thing, another guide says something entirely else.

there are 3 different endings. flame, formless, forever

and there is 5 different acts total in the game. the first 4 acts is what determines what ending you get, the last act #5 is what activates that ending.

before each one of the 4 acts ends, you are given a choice by the director, to either obey or disobey.

forever ending: disobey the director at least 3 times. 

flame ending: obey the director at least 3 times.

formless ending, obey and disobey 2 times each.

sounds simple enough which it is but i think alot of people will make the mistake and forget that what you did in your first playthrough carries over to ng+ and ng++.

so lets say your first playthrough is blind and your choices look like this: disobey-disobey-obey-disobey. you get the forever ending. now here is the important part. once you go into ng+ you need to do the exact opposite of what you did in your first playthrough so for example it look like this: obey-obey-disobey-obey. you get the flame ending. now you can either choose to do a full third playthrough or trick the game into getting you the formless ending and how this works is determined by what you did in the previous two playthroughs. let me break it down:

in my case, my first playthrough was blind and looked like this:

first playthrough: disobey-disobey-obey-disobey that got me the forever ending.

ng+ playthrough: obey-obey-disobey-obey that got me the flame ending.

in this case when you go into ng++ to get the formless ending, all i had to do was play act 1 through again to disobey. and replay act 5 to activate the ending. so it looked like this:

ng++: disobey-obey-disobey-obey

two times disobey and two times obey will get you the formless ending and it doesnt matter in what order or which acts you get the disobey or obey in, you just need to make sure its either 3 disobey, 3 obey or 2 obey and 2 disobey.

just make sure whatever choices you made during your first playthrough and ng+ reflects your ng++ so you can get the formless ending.

• Like 3