Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate announcement leaked

Vergil

ONE

New playable characters, story, modes, and more

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate

Amazon Japan has listed Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate for PlayStation 4.

While the listing has since been removed, the product description mentioned new playable character Gaia and the return of earlier playable characters such as Joan of Arc (who was last playable in Warriors Orochi 3). It also mentioned other additions including a new story, new side scenarios, new modes, and new actions.

An official announcement is planned for August 29. While the Amazon Japan listing was only for the PlayStation 4 version, like the original Warriors Orochi 4 before it, Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate is likely due out for Xbox One, Switch, and PC as well.

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Surprised they didn't release an enhanced edition of DW9 yet but i guess they just want everyone to forget that game ever happened?

I wondered how they'd make an Empires version of this game given the format it uses.

An XL version would probably just be the same map with more things to do? DW6 never got an XL expansion so to be honest I don't expect DW9 to get either expansion given how different it is. An Empires game would have to revert back to the previous games' mapping, but possibly areas could be locked off or overly hostile if they kept it open world?

How many characters will WO4:U have?

I've generally found the XL games to be more fun than the original versions (DW5:XL is the black sheep for me). 

22 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Surprised they didn't release an enhanced edition of DW9 yet but i guess they just want everyone to forget that game ever happened?

Yeah, I don't think we'll get it. TBH, I think any ideas that might save DW9 should be put into DW10, rather than tied to DW9:XL.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

How many characters will WO4:U have?

I've generally found the XL games to be more fun than the original versions (DW5:XL is the black sheep for me). 

Yeah, I don't think we'll get it. TBH, I think any ideas that might save DW9 should be put into DW10, rather than tied to DW9:XL.

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate will include over 170 playable characters from previous titles. 

This is nice too

In addition to a standalone release, Koei Tecmo will also release a 4,800 yen “Upgrade Pack” for users who own the original Warriors Orochi 4, which will add the additional elements of the expansion.

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate will include over 170 playable characters from previous titles. 

This is nice too

In addition to a standalone release, Koei Tecmo will also release a 4,800 yen “Upgrade Pack” for users who own the original Warriors Orochi 4, which will add the additional elements of the expansion.

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

170!!!

LOL. This is the height of ridiculousness. There should be a trophy just for reading every character's profile.

I remember the days of Mixjoy when trying to play original content on XL. Thank God those days are over.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1