FPS drop is horrible!

Mr_Buzzinka

On 27/08/2019 at 4:01 PM, panikooooos said:

Remember when Ps4's main selling point was 1080p 60fps? 1f602.png1f44c.png 

Lol I do and same thing on how the pro can run native 4k (at least it does in some).  Even though it didn't live up to that, I still love their exclusives. 

That sentence was directed at op to make them have realistic expectations! 

So a patch to make it a stable 30 frames is something one can expect

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Horrible frame rate in 60% of the fight. Getting between 5-8 FPS. This can't have been tested or remedy just decided to rape console owners and dont give a fuck. 

I have had 2 frame drops the last 2 hours, and only after 

Spoiler

talking to Pope

playing on ps4 slim btw

For the most part the game runs great on my PS4 Pro.  As a few others have mentioned, when the particle effects start going crazy then there are VERY noticable frame drops.  The encounter that @reiner-mentioned was pretty bad.  It was basically a slideshow at that point.  Hopefully they can put a patch out that locks it in at 30fps.  Honestly though, I'm having a great time with the game despite the occasional frame drops.

No surprise that I had the exact same problems, lots of random "freezes" for a couple of seconds and fps drops into low tens during intense fights.

My verdict is that it's not worth 60 bucks, especially with the length of the game. It had potential but fell short, gameplay was fun tho. Even if they fix the fps issues i probably would still recommend to wait for a sale.

No one should be playing Control on base systems and expect stable smooth 30fps. If you bought the game and playing on a base system, sorry for you then.

Even the refreshed hardware is having some performance issues. PS4 Pro only able to do 1080p, and XBox One X only doing 1440p, not even full 4K or anywhere close to 60fps.

After watching the DF video, I'm not sure if I should just get it on PS4 Pro now or wait to play it on PS5? Would there be a difference in performance on PS5 playing this in backwards compatible mode? Do you think they have been working on a Control Remastered / Complete Edition with all DLC to come out after the PS5 releases? Maybe true 4K and 60fps? Perhaps even some RTX? I really want to play this game though, but I'm not sure if I should just sit back and wait instead.

I've really been looking forward to this game since it was announced in 2018 and really intrigued by the story and gameplay.