FPS drop is horrible!

Mr_Buzzinka

yeah I just watched the digital foundry analysis five hours ago, the game is definitely not optimized well not just on the base ps4 but across all consoles, I have seen games with twice the graphics seen in control and they ran at native 1080p and 85% solid 30FPS on the base ps4, seen this game with less stuff on screen and the resolution is at 900p and the base ps4 runs it even worse than the base XBONES is baffling, here hoping for a fix before I get it.

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

yeah I just watched the digital foundry analysis five hours ago, the game is definitely not optimized well not just on the base ps4 but across all consoles, I have seen games with twice the graphics seen in control and they ran at native 1080p and 85% solid 30FPS on the base ps4, seen this game with less stuff on screen and the resolution is at 900p and the base ps4 runs it even worse than the base XBONES is baffling, here hoping for a fix before I get it.

Problem isn't with graphics per se, this game is very heavy on physics, more advanced in that regard than i.e. infamous second son or maybe even anything we have seen so far on consoles. I don't think stable 30 fps is possible at this point.

But it's true that there is no reason for worse performance on base ps4 than one/one s.

Edited by alien713
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eXeViuS said:

The Patch is out since two days. Can anyone with a standard PS4 tell if it's better now?

I am playing on a base PS4 and it is much better.

There is still some slowdown coming out of menus and here and there, but I don't notice it nearly as much during battle.  

I wasn't really bothered by the FPS to start with though, so I can't really say if its current state is enough for people who are sensitive to that to pick up the game again.

Edited by HappyChika

• 1 month later...

I honestly believe Control is a generation too early. Played it on PS4 Pro, had some drops during some chaotic fights, and tested it on my gf's base PS4. Unplayable. I mean, 5fps unplayable. Because of the ammount of physics and objetcs going, I think no patch could fix this game for base console models. It's sad, but this project is just too complex for 2013 hardware.

Can't wait to see how this baby will run on PS5. Instant 10/10.

Edited by Thinger95
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Thinger95 said:

I honestly believe Control is a generation too early. Played it on PS4 Pro, had some drops during some chaotic fights, and tested it on my gf's base PS4. Unplayable. I mean, 5fps unplayable. Because of the ammount of physics and objetcs going, I think no patch could fix this game for base console models. It's sad, but this project is just too complex for 2013 hardware.

Can't wait to see how this baby will run on PS5. Instant 10/10.

Yeah, I'm also waiting it out for a PS5 re-release? Definitive Edition with all DLC? Or PS4 to PS5 patch?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/08/2019 at 6:11 PM, bboysunny93 said:

The game keeps dropping the FPS. it almost feels unplayable....hope they fix it with a patch. need stable 30fps if not 60.
i am playing on base PS4 btw.....

Apparently it’s been like this since release so I wouldn’t count on it getting better. I’ve resolved just to wait until PS5 releases. 

1 hour ago, LordBilbanes said:

Have there been any patches released to improve performance?  I really want to give this game a try, but the performance issues are a concern for me.

For me playing the games is fine. When coming out of the pause menu is when the frame rate drops the most for me.

I'm on a base PS4.

People saying what do they expect with the frame drops on a base PS4? What?

It's a PS4 game to be played on a PS4, it doesn't matter if it's the standard version or a PRO version, there should still be a balanced frame rate regardless?

The stupidity of that sort of comment about what do people expect about the frame drops when playing in the base version really makes me think ?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...