bboysunny93

FPS drop is horrible!

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

No one should be playing Control on base systems and expect stable smooth 30fps. If you bought the game and playing on a base system, sorry for you then.

Even the refreshed hardware is having some performance issues. PS4 Pro only able to do 1080p, and XBox One X only doing 1440p, not even full 4K or anywhere close to 60fps.

After watching the DF video, I'm not sure if I should just get it on PS4 Pro now or wait to play it on PS5? Would there be a difference in performance on PS5 playing this in backwards compatible mode? Do you think they have been working on a Control Remastered / Complete Edition with all DLC to come out after the PS5 releases? Maybe true 4K and 60fps? Perhaps even some RTX? I really want to play this game though, but I'm not sure if I should just sit back and wait instead.

I've really been looking forward to this game since it was announced in 2018 and really intrigued by the story and gameplay.

From what I've read, if a developer releases a patch for a PS4 game on PS5 it should run better or at a higher resolution. I suspect that given PS5 is said to be fully BC, that alot of games from this year and next will get patches to enhance the game and performance. Seeing as Control is a big budget title I don't see why it wouldn't get PS5 support. PS5 wouldn't have any of the CPU or Memory limitation Digital Foundry thinks is the cause of the bad performance either.

35 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I think I might need to bite the bullet and get this on PC.

I was debating getting this on console, but the performance and resolution is terrible. On the otherhand to play it on PC if have to buy it on Epic. It's a lose-lose situation. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually gets a PS5 patch, and possibly *eventually* dropped on steam (like Quantum Break before it) - but that means skipping this gen to play it.

Edited by Fragtaster

It's only on Epic Lame Store?  I guess I'll have to wait for a Playstation 5 port, then.

yeah I just watched the digital foundry analysis five hours ago, the game is definitely not optimized well not just on the base ps4 but across all consoles, I have seen games with twice the graphics seen in control and they ran at native 1080p and 85% solid 30FPS on the base ps4, seen this game with less stuff on screen and the resolution is at 900p and the base ps4 runs it even worse than the base XBONES is baffling, here hoping for a fix before I get it.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

yeah I just watched the digital foundry analysis five hours ago, the game is definitely not optimized well not just on the base ps4 but across all consoles, I have seen games with twice the graphics seen in control and they ran at native 1080p and 85% solid 30FPS on the base ps4, seen this game with less stuff on screen and the resolution is at 900p and the base ps4 runs it even worse than the base XBONES is baffling, here hoping for a fix before I get it.

Problem isn't with graphics per se, this game is very heavy on physics, more advanced in that regard than i.e. infamous second son or maybe even anything we have seen so far on consoles. I don't think stable 30 fps is possible at this point.

But it's true that there is no reason for worse performance on base ps4 than one/one s.

Edited by alien713

On 8/28/2019 at 0:01 AM, panikooooos said:

Remember when Ps4's main selling point was 1080p 60fps? 1f602.png1f44c.png 

lol hopefully this is the standard for PS5

The Patch is out since two days. Can anyone with a standard PS4 tell if it's better now?

1 hour ago, eXeViuS said:

The Patch is out since two days. Can anyone with a standard PS4 tell if it's better now?

I am playing on a base PS4 and it is much better.

There is still some slowdown coming out of menus and here and there, but I don't notice it nearly as much during battle.  

I wasn't really bothered by the FPS to start with though, so I can't really say if its current state is enough for people who are sensitive to that to pick up the game again.

Edited by HappyChika

Patch 1.03 has been out for two days. 

It improved the frame rate a bit during huge battles but it still stutters.

It also stutters after pausing but overall, this is my GOTY so far.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, ARIXANDRE said:

Patch 1.03 has been out for two days. 

It improved the frame rate a bit during huge battles but it still stutters.

It also stutters after pausing but overall, this is my GOTY so far.

GOTY? you mean 'Garbage of the Year' ? Yeah right

18 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Stop being an ass.

Its my favorite game of the year and you cant do anything about it. ;)

It's my game of the year too 😊 I'm with ya!

Edited by HappyChika

I honestly believe Control is a generation too early. Played it on PS4 Pro, had some drops during some chaotic fights, and tested it on my gf's base PS4. Unplayable. I mean, 5fps unplayable. Because of the ammount of physics and objetcs going, I think no patch could fix this game for base console models. It's sad, but this project is just too complex for 2013 hardware.

Can't wait to see how this baby will run on PS5. Instant 10/10.

Edited by Thinger95

On 11/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, Thinger95 said:

I honestly believe Control is a generation too early. Played it on PS4 Pro, had some drops during some chaotic fights, and tested it on my gf's base PS4. Unplayable. I mean, 5fps unplayable. Because of the ammount of physics and objetcs going, I think no patch could fix this game for base console models. It's sad, but this project is just too complex for 2013 hardware.

Can't wait to see how this baby will run on PS5. Instant 10/10.

Yeah, I'm also waiting it out for a PS5 re-release? Definitive Edition with all DLC? Or PS4 to PS5 patch?

Nice to know that my system is still working as it should. Drops are stealing some from the fun when it comes to big fights.

Edited by FinalRevival
Fixed typo.