FPS drop is horrible!

Mr_Buzzinka

On 3/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, ZachBoardyHD said:

People saying what do they expect with the frame drops on a base PS4? What?

It's a PS4 game to be played on a PS4, it doesn't matter if it's the standard version or a PRO version, there should still be a balanced frame rate regardless?

The stupidity of that sort of comment about what do people expect about the frame drops when playing in the base version really makes me think 1f602.png

I agree, it should be completely stable on PS4 base. All the Pro should be doing is boosting resolution and/or frames above 30, not just making 30 obtainable to begin with. I'm on a Pro and the stutter coming out of the pause menu is straight up criminal

I have no problem with action/adventure games running at a locked 30fps but that should be the bare minimum at this point, at any resolution really

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.3.2020 at 3:49 PM, snakebit10 said:

For me playing the games is fine. When coming out of the pause menu is when the frame rate drops the most for me.

I'm on a base PS4.

Same for me.
Experienced absolutely no issues while playing, except for a couple of seconds when leaving the pause menu.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, cam_wick said:

I agree, it should be completely stable on PS4 base. All the Pro should be doing is boosting resolution and/or frames above 30, not just making 30 obtainable to begin with. I'm on a Pro and the stutter coming out of the pause menu is straight up criminal

I have no problem with action/adventure games running at a locked 30fps but that should be the bare minimum at this point, at any resolution really

Being stable is not the same as being locked. 
Stable framerates can mean having a little dip in fps. At least that's how it's always been on PC where people can actually measure their fps with tools. 
You console gamers are mixing up the concepts to create nonsensical lines in the sand. 

On 4/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, TJ_Solo said:

Being stable is not the same as being locked. 
Stable framerates can mean having a little dip in fps. At least that's how it's always been on PC where people can actually measure their fps with tools. 
You console gamers are mixing up the concepts to create nonsensical lines in the sand. 

dude chill. I understand the difference between "locked" and stable, but I'm saying the game should literally be locked at 30fps on a PS4 Pro at higher resolution (for example Last of Us Remastered) or 1080p at stable 30+ framrate. instead the it drops like 10-15 frames below 30 everytime you exit the menu etc. that should not be happening period