More FMV games like this on PS4?

bud-arc

On 8/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Yeah. There are some scenes in video, but it is considered a visual novel.

I played the demo for 428 and it was pretty interesting, although going back and forth and altering timelines got really confusing quickly. I can only imagine how complicated the full game must be, but I'll check it out next time it's discounted.

I just noticed there is a new PS4 visual novel game (a remake of an old one) with live-action elements called Root Letter: Last Answer that released this week. Not sure if it contains any FMV sequences or just still images, but adding it to the thread for posterity.

On PSNProfiles, it's stylized as "√Letter: Last Answer"

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9303-letter-last-answer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, Eispan said:

Gamer Girl from Wales Interactive Ltd. got cancelled... now that's a missing piece for the W.I. set. Twitter and YouTube reviews killed the game apparently.

I was looking forward to that one. Fuck the cancel culture mob.

Not sure how many people still check this thread, but I've added a few more to the list: Five Dates, Telling Lies, Dark Nights with Po and Munro, Death Come True, Night Book and Ground Zero: Texas (Remastered). Deathtrap Dungeon: The Golden Room is still forthcoming.

Edit: Bloodshore was also just announced.

Edited by bud-arc
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2021 at 6:21 PM, bud-arc said:

I was looking forward to that one.

I hope they release it sometime in the future.  The actress in that game was actually the producer so I kinda feel sorry for her that her investment hasn't got any return as of now.  She was said to have consulted other girl-gamer streamers for this project and incorporated their inputs.  It's such a shame really.

Dark Nights with Po and Munro, Death Come True, Night Book and Ground Zero: Texas (Remastered). Deathtrap Dungeon: The Golden Room is still forthcoming.  Bloodshore was also just announced.

Wow didn't know about Dark Nights, included it in my list now. Death Come True doesn't have a plat and I was hoping to stack this along side Shibuya Scramble, it's now grouped along side games with no plats. GZ: Texas as well as Double Switch has been noted.

Deathtrap Dungeon looks good.  Wales Interactive have come a very long way since Late Shift with the FMV stuff. I'd probably stack this with forthcoming WI games.  Thanks for the heads up!  Awesome!

On 15/09/2021 at 6:49 PM, breakingthegreen said:

Steins;Gate Elite I believe also technically falls into this category, the visual novel replaces its original artwork with animated scenes from the anime series.  

Kinda in the same sub-genre only that indeed they are anime.  The Steins Gate stacks and sequels can all be grouped together with Root Letter and some other JP VNs from Aksys.

On 27.8.2019 at 10:01 PM, bud-arc said:

I know there are a lot for PC that I never played (Her Story, Contradiction, She Sees Red, Telling Lies) which I hope get ported for PS4 some day.

Here it is: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14458-she-sees-red ?

Sounds interesting. Might be a bit over the top but I'm interested.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, bud-arc said:

I was looking forward to that one. Fuck the cancel culture mob.

Not sure how many people still check this thread, but I've added a few more to the list: Five Dates, Telling Lies, Dark Nights with Po and Munro, Death Come True, Night Book and Ground Zero: Texas (Remastered). Deathtrap Dungeon: The Golden Room is still forthcoming.

Edit: Bloodshore was also just announced.

Thanks for the heads up.  Knew about most of those and the ones I didn’t (Death Come True and Ground Zero: Texas) look horrifyingly cringe from the trailers.

Guess I will mainly stick with Wales for these FMV games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Ooh, definitely adding this to my wishlist.  Definite Late Shift vibes.

Oh! If it's like Late Shift I'm going to like it. Late Shift was the first FMV I played, when I fell in love with the genre.

• Like 3