Does anyone else aim for specific trophies when they're nearing a landmark?

realm722

For example: For my last 5 level ups, I've always timed it so the platinum (worth 180 points) would be the trophy that leveled me up to the next tier. Here's a link for the visual of what I'm talking about. 

Level 17: Horizon Zero Dawn Platinum

Level 18: Spider-Man Platinum

Level 19: Celeste Platinum

Level 20: Okami HD Platinum

Level 21: A Hat in Time Platinum

It looks so clean to see all the platinums aligned on the far right. I've even started doing it for every 500 trophies you earn in general. On my main profile, the Gravity Rush 2 platinum called "Ultimate Shifter" is my 2,000th. My 2,500th trophy is "Herald of the Scribes" from Pyre as the platinum, and just recently my 3,000th trophy is "You Done Good" from Bastion as the platinum. 

It can be a little bit tricky to line-up some times but it's satisfying to see all the platinums aligned as opposed to a random bronze trophy. Anyone else done this and what have been the results? 

• Like 4

I have not tried but I do occasionally wonder which trophy it will be when I am getting close to the next level.  But it is going to be from whatever game I am playing and in whatever order.

For me, I found it odd that I got Platinums to take me to the next level for 3 straight, Levels 18-20, totally unplanned.  What are the odds for that?  Very low.

Kinda. Thought it'd be interesting to do that kind of a thing with PSNP milestones (plat only). For the level ups thought, I'm doing a bronze > silver > gold thing since it's impossible to get a plat on your second level. It's super unnecessary and silly but as you said, it's like a mini-challenge and it's pretty satisfying ?

• Like 1

I do for certain platinums (I'm currently at 147 and have stopped playing a game so that it can be 150, for example). But I think that's pretty common.

I'm 36 trophies away from 5000 trophies so I know my next game will get me to that milestone but I'm not going to try to get a particular one.

For milestones yes I do. Still sitting at 99 platinums even though I got like 5 games with one trophy left. Level up trophies not so much. If I notice I'm about to level up and I'm playing a game I like or a trophy that actually means something (beat the final boss, etc) I'll try to get that as a level milestone.

• Like 1

For platinum milestones, I plan them (except #20, I didn't realize I was at a milestone). For trophy milestones, I just make sure it's from a game I like, and I try for a cool image or trophy name (except for 1500-- again, didn't realize I was so close to a milestone). For level-ups, couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Sometimes. There are too many level-ups to plan them all out, but I'll occasionally grab something I like if I don't have to go far out of my way. For example, Prison Architect's DLC has some amazing trophy images, and I just happened to be near level 30 when I was playing it, so I made sure it landed on the funniest one. Two of my last three level-ups have been platinums, but neither was planned. (No comment on the one in between them. ?)

It'd be easier to plan them out if I played more than one or two games at a time, I'm sure.

I don't do this for levels. I try to plan milestones as much as I can because when I started I didn't bother with them and now I have some random indies for early milestones ?. I usually plan hard platinums or platinums of games that I really like for milestones

I've got lucky with a few like my 10,000th trophy and a few other milestones were platinum. I do like the bigger milestones like 100th, 200th to have games I loved playing. For example my next plat will be 225 and I'm going for the Control plat.

Only for the platinums milestones, every 50 (50th, 100th, 150th, 200th...). For these numbers I just try to have at least a great game and not a shitty easy game (like the ratalaika ones or kids games or visual novels). My milestones were GTA4, Fallout 3 and new vegas, singstar (ps3 disc, the hard version), then the souls games (demon's souls, dark souls...).

And I also played my games so that Doom was my 666th. For that number it had to be a game set in hell ?

• Like 1

Kinda, I try to, but most of the times I just want to get the game's done with, case in point, I'm very close to the DMC4 platinum, though I'd like for it to be the 150th plat, but that means getting 9 other platinums before it, and I dread the possibility of losing the save file.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Most of my milestones have been purely incidental. 

The only milestones I planned out were my 50th through 200th platinums. Assassins Creed Rogue was a bit weak for my 175th, was going to do Dark Souls but felt it was going to take up too much time. That ended up being number 200. 

They’re really only to make your profile look good. Otherwise they just serve as a simple milestone to show how far you’ve come.

I usually aim for a specific trophy when I'm near any landmark. I didn't plan levels 2-5 but i'm happy with them. I prioritize trophies with cool artwork over rarity.

I will plan out levels occasionally. It's the least rewarding since barely anyone will look but I like doing it.

Platinum milestones are very easy to plan and very hard to mess up. I have a fair amount already planned out.

Milestones related to trophy numbers are similar to levels but people will actually see them. I currently don't have plans for them but I know of a few trophies that I would like.

• Like 1

I don't really plan my milestones... Especially since they are not customizeable. I would have loved for Hollow Knight to be a milestone, but I didn't want to wait forever to play it until my next one would come up. 

However, I did use milestones as additional motivation once: I made Super Meat Boy my 40th platinum to have extra pressure and motivation to get it done. I might do something similar with my 100th platinum (but cannot promise anything ?)

Edited by Arcesius

I do appreciate the moment when I level up and quite enjoy it. But I can not really be bothered to plan anything out for it. The only milestone I am giving a moments thought is the 100th that will come up in a little while. Mainly because that one would be noteworthy for me even if I had never heard of this website.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb