Does anyone else aim for specific trophies when they're nearing a landmark?

realm722

I do go to the effort of making sure that every 1,000th trophy is a platinum and so far I've been able to keep that going:

1,000 - TransFormers: War for Cybertron

2,000 - Metal Gear Solid 3

3,000 - Assassin's Creed III

4,000 - Far Cry Classic

5,000 - L.A. Noire

6,000 - Beyond: Two Souls

7,000 - Saints Row: The Third

I usually try to make sure I have two platinums ready to pop when the time comes, so that if I can't get one for some reason, then there will be another one to take its place.  I now have 7,910 trophies in total, so it's time to think about getting 2 games ready for the 8,000 spot. :)

• Like 1

I did this for the 1500th trophy milestone, after noticing that the 1337th trophy milestone just happened to hit on one I was proud of getting. Gonna continue on with it once I hit 2000 and from then on. Personally, I'd prefer them to be aesthetically pleasing trophies and/or ones from the games I really enjoyed. That said, I'm not gonna plan it so far in advance; once I get around 25 trophies to the milestone is when I'll start to look at what would best go in that spot.

Don't get nearly enough plats to be all that picky, but if I notice a milestone is coming up, I'll do my best to put a game I like there.

Levels I won't do this however, and will just let whatever lands there get it. Besides, I'm way too lazy to do the math to determine what will take me over lol.

I did this for my first platinum, I halted Tales From The Borderlands so I could get Horizon Zero Dawn in as the first one. I just thought it would be a cooler trophy to have first.

I'm also trying to get Metal Gear Solid 2 for my 10th platinum, again because I think it would be a cool plat to sit in the milestones timeline so I'm holding back on the last trophy for Rocket League. Luckily none of my friends seem to own it so I'll probably have to boost for that one straight after getting MGS2.

I'm also getting close to 1,000 trophies and level 13 so I might get lucky and get the Spiderman Plat for one of them

- Rule of Cool for me! ? - but  we'll just have to see how that goes.

8 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

No. Simply because video games are a hobby I'd like to enjoy. I don't want it to feel like work. Any form of planning is exactly that: Work.

I think it depends how you do it. I've just been kind of lucky in the way my trophy milestones have happened. If I hadn't have gotten bored of RDR2 I wouldn't have taken a break and started a few other games to take me up to plat #9 before I coincidentally started MGS2, I'm so close I might as well make it #10 right? 

I dont know what the significance of 1337th trophy is but when I get close to that I'll see what's close.

I've done a couple in the past but I don't really pay attention to it unless it's a noteworthy landmark.

I'm 67 trophies away from getting 10000 total. So yeah I've decided that #10000 is going to be the platinum of one of my all time favorites which is The Last of Us.

Funnily enough I have a milestone coming up and for the first time ever I've decided I want to do something special for it.

A friend of mine who was hooked on a particular game and always bugged me that I should grab it recently passed away. I bought the game just to play but noticed I was very close to a milestone and that's when I decided that to honor him I would not only play this game but 100% it for that milestone.

It's going okay so far but it's quite an involved one (looking at probably 100+ hours maybe). I'm not at the exact point of the milestone just yet so luckily I'm not stuck avoiding playing any other game for the duration until I'm done with this or anything and I will obviously will need to fill up the small gap before I pop the 100%. But it's pretty much all good to go.

• Like 2

I've planned milestones to be Plats ever since trophy #1000 :P Trophy #5000 coming up will be Persona 5.

But I also like to make sure most milestones (both trophy milestones and Platinum ones) are also trophy images that I like the look of.

I hadn't really planned anything on making level up trophies Plats as well, but then I accidentally got three in a row (level 24, 25 and 26) and noticed it, so now I've started doing that too (currently at 5 in a row). I'll probably stop that very soon though, and just stick with milestones, it's a bit too much to do both.

• Like 1

I've never been bothered about the level trophy milestones but the platinum milestones for every 50 and every other 5000 milestone is definitely something I've started to do in the last few years. 

Little Big Planet was the one I decided to make the most recent at plat 650. The very first trophy I ever earned was on that game over 11 years ago when I first got the PS3 and I thought it would be rude not to! 

I've been debating what to make the next one and I'm leaning towards Detroit Become Human as it really is one amazing game that's worthy of a milestone. 

I tried to aim for specific games on my other account for trophy milestones pertaining to Platinum ones but since I really didn't know what I was doing with that account, all of my milestones are pretty random. This is going to be my 100% completion account so might try planning around the milestones more this time around.

I personally don't consider the PS Id level up as a landmark and couldn't care less, but some of the PSNP landmarks may have an influence on my choices, like having Sleeping Dogs (PS4) as my 40th plat because my 20th was the PS3 version of the same game.

Likewise, I chose The Witcher 3 as my 50th and GTA IV as my 75th, but was quite disappointed with myself by having AC Rogue being my 100th, I kind of messed up but didn't want to interrupt the Assassin's Creed summer binge I was into at the time.

That said, I'm quite proud of my South Park: TSoT (PS4) platinum being my 5000th trophy, though, as it required some planning, and I hope to find an equally meaningful plat for my 10000th: I still have almost 2400 trophies to earn before getting there, that leaves ample time for developers and publishers to release an equally stupid game (Trover?), or maybe there will be a remastered version of the TSoT or TFBW on PS5. I'll start planning when I get to the 9800's, which will take quite a long time because my tastes usually lead me to play long ass games.

Yeah, sometimes. My milestones are a bit more space out these days, so it's easier to do. For example, I made sure that KH2 was my 350th plat, and that the plat for Dark Souls 3 was my 10000th trophy. 

But overall, throughout the course of my play, no. Which makes the milestone system kind of suck, because no one other than me really knows which ones I remembered and which ones I didn't.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 1 month later...

Yes, although I messed up one trophy milestone recently because I didn't know it was approaching -_-. But i'm currently having a (separate) multi dilemma trying to get specific milestones for 4 different games. Once one gets to 5000 trophies and their 50th Platinum, the milestones spread apart by 1000 and 25, respectively, which is a problem.

I want all 4 games—two of which are 2017 games which I own and have held off on getting the platinum trophies from, while the last two are a 2019 game releasing later this year and a Q1 2020 game—to be platinum milestones. Considering every platinum milestone from here on out is 25 apart, that's too much work and time needed. Even if I settled for a trophy milestone, I'd have to earn at least 700 trophies before my next milestone, which isn't practical when that game comes out literally within the next few months. 

I definitely admire the preparation that goes into your system. In some cases I find it difficult enough to earn trophies much less planning to earn them in a particular manner. So no, I have never thought about it but kudos to you! I love how neat everything looks. 

My question to you is - do you ever cringe when you look at other profiles on PSNP? Simply because most people would have them out of order. I’m just curious lol...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emina said:

I definitely admire the preparation that goes into your system. In some cases I find it difficult enough to earn trophies much less planning to earn them in a particular manner. So no, I have never thought about it but kudos to you! I love how neat everything looks. 

My question to you is - do you ever cringe when you look at other profiles on PSNP? Simply because most people would have them out of order. I’m just curious lol...

Nope! I think it's cool everybody has their own method of doing it. It would get really boring if everybody on the platform followed the same formula. Plus, it's neat when coincidences happen. My 1337 trophy ended up being titled "Immortality" from the game Valley and I thought that was funny. The only thing that doesn't look great IMO is if someone has a bunch of 98%+ earned trophies through a bunch of levels which means they likely spammed their way through a bunch of games, but to each their own. 

• Like 1