A Certain Magical Virtual-On: Need help with Online mode(mostly to know how to make Boost Session for it) and Medals plus tips to get the two No Hits Trophies

Like the Title says, I need help with understanding how the Online Mode works and if I need to buy that locked option on the "Create a Room".

45a61fe4d48c795c9685ba65701c0d4d15669995

Medals: What those mean?

ab607da3bbffd3144e861b206f28c4af15669995

d50ce03edc1358335d55f3895881b06215669995

13e8f939325f6a5c38255a2f0efb4c2215669994

92e5e80ba70868b2f1104f7e984496fb15669994

For Standard Battle(Single) and Death Match missions No Hits Trophies, I used Uiharu x Grys-Voks's :r1: attack while hiding behind a wall and then take a peek to fire, for CPU I used Lessar x Cypher.

*for non-japanese players like myself, Normal missions is the first set of missions you see in "Offline" Mission mode and Standard Battle(Single) is the 1st Mission while Death Match is the 3rd Mission

Still the Japanese and only Guide(if you can call this a Guide) recommend to set the CPU as "Leiden" whoever that is (Might be Misaka x Raiden)

Edited by Leon Castle

15 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

I did not know until now that you can play online with a japanese games 1f914.png be carefull

Did see a USA player have the plat of this game so non-japanese accounts could be able to play Online. I won't press random buttons or random options in the online mode, although

this look confusing

45a61fe4d48c795c9685ba65701c0d4d15669995

15 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Leiden is written like this: ライデン which read "Raiden" and yes, Misaka is the pilot of ライデン

funny In the game the names of the mechs and pilots is the other way around. The Mech's name with English letters and pilot's name with Japanese letters.

btw are you able to read what the Medals needs to get to Gold Rank?

Umm, the resolution is a bit bad but I will try:

- Play Category - Mission

- Amount of people in room? - 4 people 

- Invitation... ? (I don't know the last kanji)

-  I can't read it - nothing

- Game ruler - Standar

- Alternative form of battle - Defeat... I don't know the last two kanji

- This one is like how many round in order to beat the enemie, like win 2 or 1 match.

- Round time - 90 sec

- Handicap (I suppose it's a mechanic or something inside the game) - Nothing

- I don't understand this, it's something about a room, the first word is Purraku but I don't know the meaning. - Nothing

The square behind all this say something about create a password and the white hair loli say: "prepare the condition of the room  kudasai<3"

Keep in mind this translation is a proximity. 

3 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Umm, the resolution is a bit bad but I will try:

- Play Category - Mission

- Amount of people in room? - 4 people 

- Invitation... ? (I don't know the last kanji)

-  I can't read it - nothing

- Game ruler - Standar

- Alternative form of battle - Defeat... I don't know the last two kanji

- This one is like how many round in order to beat the enemie, like win 2 or 1 match.

- Round time - 90 sec

- Handicap (I suppose it's a mechanic or something inside the game) - Nothing

- I don't understand this, it's something about a room, the first word is Purraku but I don't know the meaning. - Nothing

The square behind all this say something about create a password and the white hair loli say: "prepare the condition of the room  kudasai<3"

Keep in mind this translation is a proximity. 

Thank you, it's least enough info to know that only the 3 below Mission matter for well Mission as the rest "light up" then I change the Play Category to "1v1" or "2v2".

fun fact: The AI aka "white hair loli" is actally smaller then Last Order and Loli Sensei as I saw from the Game's OP.

18 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Haha, good to know my broken japanese help you! 1f604.png

Let's see if your broken japanese can help translate what the AI says about Medals I don't have any of/Up to Gold yet.

ab607da3bbffd3144e861b206f28c4af15669995

d50ce03edc1358335d55f3895881b06215669995

13e8f939325f6a5c38255a2f0efb4c2215669994

92e5e80ba70868b2f1104f7e984496fb15669994

*Got it up to red somehow

The problem is the image is actually tiny and when I zoom it the kanji is really hard to read.

- The first one put 達成 (tatsusei) which mean archivement and after we have 入手 (nyuushu) which mean adquiere, so you must have/adquiere 8000 rank point.

- Oh boy this is bad, we have レイ (multiplayer) and after this kanji 回 (kai) this guy is one of the kanji of counter you can learn in japaneses, they have a lot to counter for different things like person, dog, flat object and more... and after 100 so you probably need to do 100 multiplayer games in order to earn this medal. 

- Here we have マッチ (match), the others two kanjis... I think one of them is 勝 (shou) "match" but I don't know this one, in any case this is something about adquiere a rank 6 but no say nothing about online.

- And this one maybe is something about get 10 times something but I don't know what since it no give more info, maybe get 10 medal?

Btw this trophy:

12L5fa9af.png

:bronze: お金持ち 
リソースを300000入手した。

Which mean literally "rich person" (okanemochi) you must have 300k of リソース (I suppose it's the game money) so don't spend too much! ?

Edited by AlchemistWer

4 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

- The first one put 達成 (tatsusei) which mean archivement and after we have 入手 (nyuushu) which mean adquiere, so you must have/adquiere 8000 rank point.

- Oh boy this is bad, we have レイ (multiplayer) and after this kanji 回 (kai) this guy is one of the kanji of counter you can learn in japaneses, they have a lot to counter for different things like person, dog, flat object and more... and after 100 so you probably need to do 100 multiplayer games in order to earn this medal. 

- Here we have マッチ (match), the others two kanjis... I think one of them is 勝 (shou) "match" but I don't know this one, in any case this is something about adquiere a rank 6 but no say nothing about online.

- And this one maybe is something about get 10 times something but I don't know what since it no give more info, maybe get 10 medal?

- I get it while playing online or just Rank Matches

-Counter... maybe it's the :circle: which I never find out what it do

-so if rank point is Rank Match only then maybe I get it while playing Rank Matches

-I think it was something to do with "Boost Attack" since it turned red after a Boss Battle that I happen to defeat while having a Boost(The Bosses is always in Boost Mode which can be pain depending on which boss I fight)

4 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Btw this trophy:

12L5fa9af.png

:bronze: お金持ち 
リソースを300000入手した。

Which mean literally "rich person" (okanemochi) you must have 300k of リソース (I suppose it's the game money) so don't spend too much! 1f605.png

I can also see it has something to do with Rich Persons as She's wearing a Tokiwadai Middle School uniform which is a Middle School for well Rich Girls. well with all missions gotten and beaten it is a good time to start saving... Let's just call the Game's money for "VR Points"

On 8/29/2019 at 9:41 PM, AlchemistWer said:

Haha nice! If we continue with this a trophy guide could be a possibility 1f605.png

Maybe the trophy guide should end the headline with "Then Virtual-On and A Certain Magical Index meets, A Story is born" or something to that effect.

started a boost session for it.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, Fragtaster said:

I just saw Virtual On in the title... there's a NEW Virtual On? How did I miss this!? If only this would get a western release here in North America. I play a fair bit of import games, but this one requires a bit more knowledge of Japanese because of all the menus, for which I am barely passable in. I had to use a Japanese/English phone app just to play the Gundam Breaker Trilogy because of this.

A Certain Magical Virtual-On was released February 15, 2018 and it was on Gemastsu news doing that time. well you never know maybe next year or so it's released in the west,don't know about Virtual on, but A Certain Magical Index might have a chance in getting it west but as it's not as popular as SAO (although it has more anime seasons then SAO) and Is made by Sega so chances are it might not make it west. The main menu is in English btw. the only thing that needs more knowledge of Japanese is the Online mode and Medal list and maybe the Title list as well(and also the story if you like A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun/Accelerator)

Just learned how to pick a Online Mission or "Co-op" Mission which might be a better name to call it, then I looked at missions only to find out I have to buy ALL DIFFICULTY MISSIONS again! I borrow Touma's words then he met with misfortune

67c693d392cba5c855f16906ef20b5ba15674543

On 8/31/2019 at 0:07 AM, AlchemistWer said:

Haha nice, if need more help let me know.

32513f7b199e19181bd9f33783f39ef815675391

What random thing do I need to do 100 times(from what I can tell, I have gotten the Titles for 10?-100) if it means I have to use other characters 200 times or certain Stages 200 times or certain types of missions 200 times. There was some sets of Titles for 10?-200 but this set of Titles is the only I need the 200 version (might be character based since I used Kaori Kanzaki a lot)

On 9/3/2019 at 11:13 PM, AlchemistWer said:

Sadly I can't understand and I can't recognize the kanjis that appear (white hair loli)

I found a Japanese Alphabet and tried to recreate the words said by the.... fairy(girls smaller then lolis must be a fairy... I think) on Google Translate

from the only japanese letters I was able to recreate(stop at the weird CT fusion looking letter before 200 as I did not found a letter that looked the same) I found out it was something to do with Touma as the japanese letters I was able to Translate were Tem something. btw I thought I was on to something then I somehow got the last Medal in the Medal list to bronze then I was grinding for VR Points.

33 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I found a Japanese Alphabet and tried to recreate the words said by the.... fairy(girls smaller then lolis must be a fairy... I think) on Google Translate

from the only japanese letters I was able to recreate(stop at the weird CT fusion looking letter before 200 as I did not found a letter that looked the same) I found out it was something to do with Touma as the japanese letters I was able to Translate were Tem something. btw I thought I was on to something then I somehow got the last Medal in the Medal list to bronze then I was grinding for VR Points.

Actually Katakana and Hiragana letters are not a problem and read it is easy, the problem is the kanjis that appear, and since a lot of kanjis has too much stroke when I try to read the image which is small + zoom it is really hard to see it. Of course if I know the kanji is easy figure out the meaning. 

You mean " で " this one before 200? this is a hiragana word which read "de" and in this case it's an particle (grammar) or  助詞 "joshi" in japanese.助詞

2 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Actually Katakana and Hiragana letters are not a problem and read it is easy, the problem is the kanjis that appear, and since a lot of kanjis has too much stroke when I try to read the image which is small + zoom it is really hard to see it. Of course if I know the kanji is easy figure out the meaning. 

You mean " で " this one before 200? this is a hiragana word which read "de" and in this case it's an particle (grammar) or  助詞 "joshi" in japanese.助詞

" In Temsin" sounds like Temjin, since I only played as Touma around 10 times or so due to Story mode but as I recall I fought Touma almost as many times as I played as Kaori Kanzaki.

btw. would a Youtube video make it easier to read the kanjis?

3 hours ago, midgetstrawdog said:

I have this game and would like to boost it. Do I have to make any progress in the single player campaign before boosting?

You would have to clear story mode to get all missions on both Solo(offline) and Co-op(online), Although I don't know if Co-op lets a player that have gotten and unlock all mission to invite a player that don't have all missions but that I can try to do that. btw only the boss battles needs a bit of skill or just use Grys-Vok's :r1: attack (works on all bosses but Boss Rush) well That's how it was in Solo missions.

A lot of work ? lets see how can I help you

If you want to know the black title here you have a translation according with my japanese level

バトル (battle)

- ランクマッチをプレイした称号です

(Umm... Play rank mach titles? 称号 shougou mean title, name and degree but I don't understand very well what try to say this one.)

EXコード (Code EX)

- ミッションのエクスプロージョン-コードをクリアーした称号です

(You need to clear a explosion mission or a explosive mission, since it say mission ミッション I suppose it's a mission and not do a explosion in any mission, try to see if you see a mission with the name ミッション  の  エクスプロージョン)

一簿兵 (I don't know how tranlate this, is like first soldier record)

- 500ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(In this one, you need to have/reach/adquiere 500 rank points, if you see your character's card you can see your rank point which is 100, I suppose the game means this score)

兵長 (General or the best soldier)

- 750ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 750 rank points.

???

1000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 1000 rank points.)

Litle...

1250ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 1250 rank points.)

Middle...

1500ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 1500 rank points.)

High...

2000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 2000 rank points.)

???

2500ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 2500 rank points.)

???

3000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 3000 rank points.)

???

4000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 4000 rank points.)

???

5000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 5000 rank points.)

???

6000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 6000 rank points.)

???

7000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 7000 rank points.)

???

8000ランクポイントを入手した称号です

(Like the previously but have/reach/adquiere 8000 rank points.)

幻想 something...

テムジンで前ダッシュRW攻撃便用した称号

(Temaji or temji is a character I suppose, use a RW attack before temji dash?)

And... I will continue later. ?

• Like 1