Problem buying Apex DLC

janzor88

Hey guys

I only need to buy the DRIVECLUB Apex Expansion Pack for being able to 100% this game, but I have a problem.
Each time I visit the DLC page on PS Store, I have two options chose a version. But I can't click on either the priced or free option.

Tried different browsers and disabling adblockers with no luck, and I'm getting a bit stressed out by the deadline at the end of August, before all Driveclub content is delisted. I own everything else related to Driveclub, but the Apex DLC.

Have you experiend the same thing, and how did you fix it?

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

Same thing happens to me for both Apex and Turbocharged Expansion Packs. Just make sure it appears in your downloads list. If you want to be extra safe, check it's unlocked in game or even that you can play and earn trophies for it.

Thanks mate. 

I'll install the game when I get back home, and make sure it's unlocked in game, or try finding it in the download list.

17 hours ago, janzor88 said:

For others wondering, you need to "buy" it in game if you encounter the same problem, even if it the DLC is free.

Seems to work now. 

What happened when you checked in game? Was this DLC locked until you "bought" it?

7 hours ago, mekktor said:

What happened when you checked in game? Was this DLC locked until you "bought" it?

Yes, 2-3 of the DLCs in game had a shopping cart icon.
I had to click on the icon, which redirected me to a site where I could click on "Download".

That removed the shopping cart icon, and I was ready to go.

• Like 2

On 31.8.2019 at 4:38 AM, NeoStrayCat said:

Be aware that if you bought certain DLC's prior before its delisting, and if it doesn't work properly, even after it was installed, then you'll have to "restore licenses" from the PS4. That's what happened when I got the DLC's that weren't part of the Season Pass, for example.

And that fixed your issues?

Yeah, it did, "restore licenses" will, if usually, fix your DLC if they don't work properly the first time around. However, this does not work if the games' region and DLC don't match, it has to both be the same. (Example: US game and US region DLC.)

Edited by NeoStrayCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, it did, "restore licenses" will, if usually, fix your DLC if they don't work properly the first time around. However, this does not work if the games' region and DLC don't match, it has to both be the same. (Example: US game and US region DLC.)

Cool. Good to know :)

Just a little reminder: You don't install anything when purchasing any DLC for this game. You already have the entire game including Bikes on your system. I purchased the Bike add-on and related DLC and had no option to download anything. It's already installed.

• Like 1