Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parker

F1 2013 Classic Edition Announced

14 posts in this topic

Codemasters Racing have added one of the most requested features from Formula One fans, the addition of classic F1 cars and tracks to the roster. There will be two editions of the game, the Classic Edition and the standard edition (with all the content in the Classic Edition available as DLC) and early reports say the Classic Edition will be about $10 more. 

Here are some videos showing the game  s pretty new graphics. 

Parker

Edited by Parker

Looks okay, the classic cars are pretty cool but there aren't enough of them, I was hoping for some older cars from the 60's like the Lotus 49.

I wonder why they didn't include Senna's McLaren MP4/4?

Edit: Why is this DLC? Codemasters need to stop ruining their games with these pre-order incentives and just include them with all versions, not only is it greedy but it fragments the online racing community.

Edited by AndroidFox

Looks okay, the classic cars are pretty cool but there aren't enough of them, I was hoping for some older cars from the 60's like the Lotus 49.

I wonder why they didn't include Senna's McLaren MP4/4?

I'm assuming that it is a licensing issue. They did say they have more content to announce so maybe they will announce it later, but I doubt it. I'd also love to see older F1 cars too and hopefully if Codemasters gets a positive reception they'll go after the older cars as well. Hell, I'd absolutely love an F1 game devoted completely to the older F1 cars. 

Parker

I'm assuming that it is a licensing issue. They did say they have more content to announce so maybe they will announce it later, but I doubt it. I'd also love to see older F1 cars too and hopefully if Codemasters gets a positive reception they'll go after the older cars as well. Hell, I'd absolutely love an F1 game devoted completely to the older F1 cars. 

Parker

Have you looked into Grand Prix Legends? It was developed by the guys who now do iRacing, it came out in 1998 and it's still one of the best sims out there IMO. You'll need a few mods to improve the graphics and make it run properly on new hardware but they are very easy to install. Plus the game is still active online and there are hundreds of additional cars and tracks you can download for it. 

Have you looked into Grand Prix Legends? It was developed by the guys who now do iRacing, it came out in 1998 and it's still one of the best sims out there IMO. You'll need a few mods to improve the graphics and make it run properly on new hardware but they are very easy to install. Plus the game is still active online and there are hundreds of additional cars and tracks you can download for it. 

Absolutely, I've been a fan for years now. It is easily one of my favorite racing games though I haven't been able to run it with Windows 8 and haven't taken the time to figure out how to make it work. 

Parker

Some pilots like Senna or Fangio wasn't added to the game because lack of licensing.

The Senna family who runs his organization cannot make terms with the producers of the game, mostly because of money.

Some older pilots like Fangio and others, the game producers cannot contact family or offices responsible for their images, saddly, they cannot be found anywhere, so they're out too.

For me, Senna is the greatest driver ever existed in F1, after he died, the sports kind of loose sense, and many fans like me, stopped seeing it.

Some pilots like Senna or Fangio wasn't added to the game because lack of licensing.

The Senna family who runs his organization cannot make terms with the producers of the game, mostly because of money.

Some older pilots like Fangio and others, the game producers cannot contact family or offices responsible for their images, saddly, they cannot be found anywhere, so they're out too.

For me, Senna is the greatest driver ever existed in F1, after he died, the sports kind of loose sense, and many fans like me, stopped seeing it.

Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher are easily some of my favorite drivers. They both did everything they could to win even when it was borderline cheating or extremely unsporting but they drove the hell out of the cars they had. 

In my opinion, even though a lot of people hate on him, I think Sebastian Vettel could very well be this generations Senna or Schumacher. 

I'm hoping Codemasters surprise us and reveal Senna later, after all Senna was all about his fans and appeared in a video game before...

10835d1301792649-ayrton-sennas-super-mon

Parker

Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher are easily some of my favorite drivers. They both did everything they could to win even when it was borderline cheating or extremely unsporting but they drove the hell out of the cars they had. 

In my opinion, even though a lot of people hate on him, I think Sebastian Vettel could very well be this generations Senna or Schumacher. 

I'm hoping Codemasters surprise us and reveal Senna later, after all Senna was all about his fans and appeared in a video game before...

10835d1301792649-ayrton-sennas-super-mon

Parker

There's still some hope. The producers will keep trying maybe they could add him as a DLC later.

They will have all Schumacher's images from the last few versions of the game so I reckon he'll be added but they will probably want him from how he looked in the 90's.

Hopefully in the future they will be able to have all of the cars and tracks from a season and we would be able to race in a championship with them

In time: it's a game for MAN's, not child's. Free of anime crap.

Wanna bet how much, when it comes out, the biased critics will say crap about it.

The more real the game is, the better it is.

A lap of the Hungarian has been added to the OP.

Parker

Another awesome video. 

Parker