"Music" Section of Your PSN Profile

SuperSaiyan3985

I'm sure all of you are aware that a while back in one of the firmware updates, it was made so that on your PSN profile, a new "music" tab would appear. It's connected to Spotify and would show whatever music you've been listening to if I'm not mistaken. This is something that's become quite the annoyance because it takes precedence over my trophies as when you click on my profile there's not enough room to show them thanks to the Music section on top. This makes zero sense considering this is a gaming platform so the trophies should be above music and IDEK listen to music so it's completely pointless for me and I wish there was some way to turn it off. Anyone else share my sentiments? 

• Like 1

The Spotify tab on your PSN profile was added in 5.53 I think. In any case, you can make is so other people can't see it (but you still will, unfortunately) by switching it to "visibility: no one" in your privacy settings.

The exact function of the tab is to show the last song you've listed to on Spotify in the last 30 days. I've read that using the PSN Spotify app automatically switches your privacy settings back so it's visible to everyone, but that might have been a glitch from an older version. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

The Spotify tab on your PSN profile was added in 5.53 I think. In any case, you can make is so other people can't see it (but you still will, unfortunately) by switching it to "visibility: no one" in your privacy settings.

The exact function of the tab is to show the last song you've listed to on Spotify in the last 30 days. I've read that using the PSN Spotify app automatically switches your privacy settings back so it's visible to everyone, but that might have been a glitch from an older version. 

That doesn't fix the problem. The music tab's still there but it just says "This player's music isn't available.," so it still pushes trophies to the bottom. I wish there was an option to delete the music tab entirely or at least put it below the trophies. So damn annoying. 

This never really bothered me. I get more annoyed when the main UI forces an ad for PS Vue (often associated with the playoffs for some sports league or another) to the front of my recent apps list, even though I've never used it.

I also hate that the system won't let me delete The Playroom.

12 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

This never really bothered me. I get more annoyed when the main UI forces an ad for PS Vue (often associated with the playoffs for some sports league or another) to the front of my recent apps list, even though I've never used it.

I also hate that the system won't let me delete The Playroom.

That only happens like once a year for me and all I gotta do is delete it, but this music thing is driving me insane. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:59 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That doesn't fix the problem. The music tab's still there but it just says "This player's music isn't available.," so it still pushes trophies to the bottom. I wish there was an option to delete the music tab entirely or at least put it below the trophies. So damn annoying. 

Bugger. Looking at version difference, it used to work like I described, but was changed in further patches. Figures.

• Like 1

Seriously, I wish I could simply remove/hide this ‘Music’ section outright from my PSN profile, even if it’s set to private. I never use Spotify (Premium is a scam) so it bothers me to see it taking worthless space. If there were other music services (SoundCloud, Apple Music, YouTube) that were supported by PSN, I’d let this section public, but this isn’t the case.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:30 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I'm sure all of you are aware that a while back in one of the firmware updates, it was made so that on your PSN profile, a new "music" tab would appear. It's connected to Spotify and would show whatever music you've been listening to if I'm not mistaken. This is something that's become quite the annoyance because it takes precedence over my trophies as when you click on my profile there's not enough room to show them thanks to the Music section on top. This makes zero sense considering this is a gaming platform so the trophies should be above music and IDEK listen to music so it's completely pointless for me and I wish there was some way to turn it off. Anyone else share my sentiments? 

It's just Sony being Sony, completely removed from its userbase it only gets worse every month, one of the main reasons I stick to my ps3, they can't fuck up the god tier UI

• Like 1