Trophy Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, GAZDAN said:

Looking forward to hearing how co-op works in regards to getting the trophy for it. 

I haven't been able to test that out yet, but basically, if I understood correctly: if you play in coop online, you'll each be playing different chapters which take place simultaneously, because the characters split up at times during the story. Which probably means you'll get to the ending quicker than if you do a solo run, where you get to play every single chapter by yourself.

Edit: I can't wait to try it out though, because splitting players up means they'll each make decisions without communicating with one another, and they'll both influence the story in their own way. Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Edited by JoaLoft
  • Like 1

Basically you can just play the local multiplayer mode by yourself. I shall be using my US account as my second player.

Just hope it doesn't require max 5 players as I don't want to create 3 extra PSN profiles lol.

I will playing blind for my first play through, as I did for Until Dawn. It will be an easy plat, I hope(!)

Edited by KHDelBoy

1 minute ago, KHDelBoy said:

Basically you can just play the local multiplayer mode by yourself. I shall be using my US account as my second player.

Just hope it doesn't require max 5 players as I don't want to create 3 extra PSN profiles lol.

I clarified the Movie Night mode trophy on the first page. Here's the explanation:

5 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I can help with that, considering I've been playing a review copy for the past week.

"Movie Night Mode" is a local coop mode where you assign characters to certain players, and just pass the controller when a new chapter starts. In other words: you can acquire this with just one controller.

So, no: you won't need to create extra profiles. You can do it all with just your main profile, considering the game has an intern multiplayer set-up where you can choose from 2-5 players, and you only have to enter player names.

3 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

I clarified the Movie Night mode trophy on the first page. Here's the explanation:

So, no: you won't need to create extra profiles. You can do it all with just your main profile, considering the game has an intern multiplayer set-up where you can choose from 2-5 players, and you only have to enter player names.

That's great news. I don't really like play online much!

It's already preloaded on my PS4. Can't wait to play it!!!

5 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I can help with that, considering I've been playing a review copy for the past week.

"Movie Night Mode" is a local coop mode where you assign characters to certain players, and just pass the controller when a new chapter starts. In other words: you can acquire this with just one controller.

Thats amazing news! So you can solo everything except Learning to work together

How long is the game anyway?

What an annoying platinum! Not only several playthroughs are needed, but also the co-op one requires you to invite someone to your game, as there is no matchmaking, and some collectibles can only be obtained in co-op, so some extra coordination is needed.

Trophies aren’t everything, so I am still going to get the game at some point, since I like these types of games and ghost ship stories are pretty sweet, but I don’t know if I am going to get the platinum right away.

14 minutes ago, mearhar1 said:

Is it possible that the curator cut can be a work around for the secrets and trophies that require co-op besides the actual playing in shared mode trophy?

That might actually be possible, guess we will have to wait and see. Might atleast be able to get the coop collectibles. A relationship trophy seem to require 2 players accoring to powerpyx guide, both need to say the correct stuff.

Platinum for me, but it may take more time because of the trophy requirements and online co-op stuff. I enjoy horror and creepy environments so my kind of game. I just wish they offered a way to get trophies with offline co-op. The bummer part of it is that your invitee won't unlock trophies for themselves, only the host can from my reading and understanding.

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-dark-pictures-anthology-man-of-medan-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Edited by MrTrofyHuntr
Added link
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Platinum for me, but it may take more time because of the trophy requirements and online co-op stuff. I enjoy horror and creepy environments so my kind of game. I just wish they offered a way to get trophies with offline co-op. The bummer part of it is that your invitee won't unlock trophies for themselves, only the host can from my reading and understanding.

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-dark-pictures-anthology-man-of-medan-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Only shared story is earned by only the host. All other are unlocked by both players aswell as collectibles.

Tbh reading all of this co-op trophy shizle makes it very easy for me.

Will be buying it on pc instead, where I dont care for trophies/achievements. (+ its cheaper anyway)

I don't care playing trough it multiple times of doing some co-op stuf. But we have to invite somebody we know with the game...

Just to get some random trophies in co-op I dont like that, just add a trophy for playing co-op and finishing co-op and be done with it.

• Like 1

So I read like 8 of the trophies need to be done in shared story mode. That’s the online mode. I wish they wouldn’t have added online, I literally have nobody to play with on my friends list. So if anybody wants to help, I’ll be getting the game tomorrow.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:10 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

My trophy thoughts: as soon as someone will upload a complete video guide for the platinum, I'll start the game... 

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously caring less than 0 about story, dialogues, decisions among the characters and why I'm doing this and that in the game :):) 

B!**h pls I just want my easy platinum

Same as I did with Until Dawn.

How did you not care? The characters were cool, enjoyable in Until Dawn. People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

So I read like 8 of the trophies need to be done in shared story mode. That’s the online mode. I wish they wouldn’t have added online, I literally have nobody to play with on my friends list. So if anybody wants to help, I’ll be getting the game tomorrow.

How did you not care? The characters were cool, enjoyable in Until Dawn. People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

I could hook up with you sometime, DarkHpokinsn. I'm getting the game tomorrow too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

Damn man if you get sick just for a silly thing like this you should see a psychiatrist ? ?

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm
Patient's medical conditions are worse than I thought
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

All the trophies can be achivied in solo or for someone you need another Co-Op player to achieve them? 

Multiple trophies require a coop partner to get, including a few relationship trophies. There’s also multiple collectibles that can only be gotten during the coop story

• Like 1