Doenbo

Trophy Thoughts?

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, GAZDAN said:

Looking forward to hearing how co-op works in regards to getting the trophy for it. 

 

I haven't been able to test that out yet, but basically, if I understood correctly: if you play in coop online, you'll each be playing different chapters which take place simultaneously, because the characters split up at times during the story. Which probably means you'll get to the ending quicker than if you do a solo run, where you get to play every single chapter by yourself.

 

Edit: I can't wait to try it out though, because splitting players up means they'll each make decisions without communicating with one another, and they'll both influence the story in their own way. Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Edited by JoaLoft
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Basically you can just play the local multiplayer mode by yourself. I shall be using my US account as my second player.

 

Just hope it doesn't require max 5 players as I don't want to create 3 extra PSN profiles lol.

 

I will playing blind for my first play through, as I did for Until Dawn. It will be an easy plat, I hope(!)

Edited by KHDelBoy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KHDelBoy said:

Basically you can just play the local multiplayer mode by yourself. I shall be using my US account as my second player.

 

Just hope it doesn't require max 5 players as I don't want to create 3 extra PSN profiles lol.

 

I clarified the Movie Night mode trophy on the first page. Here's the explanation:

 

5 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

 

I can help with that, considering I've been playing a review copy for the past week.

 

"Movie Night Mode" is a local coop mode where you assign characters to certain players, and just pass the controller when a new chapter starts. In other words: you can acquire this with just one controller.

 

So, no: you won't need to create extra profiles. You can do it all with just your main profile, considering the game has an intern multiplayer set-up where you can choose from 2-5 players, and you only have to enter player names.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

 

I clarified the Movie Night mode trophy on the first page. Here's the explanation:

 

 

So, no: you won't need to create extra profiles. You can do it all with just your main profile, considering the game has an intern multiplayer set-up where you can choose from 2-5 players, and you only have to enter player names.

 

That's great news. I don't really like play online much!

It's already preloaded on my PS4. Can't wait to play it!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

 

I can help with that, considering I've been playing a review copy for the past week.

 

"Movie Night Mode" is a local coop mode where you assign characters to certain players, and just pass the controller when a new chapter starts. In other words: you can acquire this with just one controller.

 

Thats amazing news! So you can solo everything except Learning to work together

 

How long is the game anyway?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bunkerbudy said:

 

Thats amazing news! So you can solo everything except Learning to work together

 

How long is the game anyway?

 

We're talking four to five hours. I'm posting my review/impressions in less than an hour on this forum, and I'll be able to go into much more detail then, once the embargo drops worldwide.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I look forward to playing this, Blaire Witch and Until Dawn in October. :D

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opened a thread where I put my personal opinion and thoughts about the game.

 

 

If you have any questions addressed to me about the game, feel free to post them over there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

 

Thats amazing news! So you can solo everything except Learning to work together

 

 

Collectibles require online coop as do 2 misc trophies. kinda sucks imo and only host get trophies so you need to do everything 2 times.

Edited by Quink666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

 

 

 

 

Collectibles require online coop as do 2 misc trophies. kinda sucks imo and only host get trophies so you need to do everything 2 times.

Realy? that's so random :S

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an annoying platinum! Not only several playthroughs are needed, but also the co-op one requires you to invite someone to your game, as there is no matchmaking, and some collectibles can only be obtained in co-op, so some extra coordination is needed.

Trophies aren’t everything, so I am still going to get the game at some point, since I like these types of games and ghost ship stories are pretty sweet, but I don’t know if I am going to get the platinum right away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the curator cut can be a work around for the secrets and trophies that require co-op besides the actual playing in shared mode trophy?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mearhar1 said:

Is it possible that the curator cut can be a work around for the secrets and trophies that require co-op besides the actual playing in shared mode trophy?

 

That might actually be possible, guess we will have to wait and see. Might atleast be able to get the coop collectibles. A relationship trophy seem to require 2 players accoring to powerpyx guide, both need to say the correct stuff.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Platinum for me, but it may take more time because of the trophy requirements and online co-op stuff. I enjoy horror and creepy environments so my kind of game. I just wish they offered a way to get trophies with offline co-op. The bummer part of it is that your invitee won't unlock trophies for themselves, only the host can from my reading and understanding.

 

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-dark-pictures-anthology-man-of-medan-trophy-guide-roadmap/

 

Edited by MrTrofyHuntr
Added link
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Platinum for me, but it may take more time because of the trophy requirements and online co-op stuff. I enjoy horror and creepy environments so my kind of game. I just wish they offered a way to get trophies with offline co-op. The bummer part of it is that your invitee won't unlock trophies for themselves, only the host can from my reading and understanding.

 

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-dark-pictures-anthology-man-of-medan-trophy-guide-roadmap/

 

 

Only shared story is earned by only the host. All other are unlocked by both players aswell as collectibles.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i wonder what the difference is between single player and (couch) co-op. like is just sharing choices or does the second player have to control a character

 

edit: 

i guess this answers my question lol.

 

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh reading all of this co-op trophy shizle makes it very easy for me.

Will be buying it on pc instead, where I dont care for trophies/achievements. (+ its cheaper anyway)

 

I don't care playing trough it multiple times of doing some co-op stuf. But we have to invite somebody we know with the game...

Just to get some random trophies in co-op I dont like that, just add a trophy for playing co-op and finishing co-op and be done with it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So I read like 8 of the trophies need to be done in shared story mode. That’s the online mode. I wish they wouldn’t have added online, I literally have nobody to play with on my friends list. So if anybody wants to help, I’ll be getting the game tomorrow.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:10 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

My trophy thoughts: as soon as someone will upload a complete video guide for the platinum, I'll start the game... 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Obviously caring less than 0 about story, dialogues, decisions among the characters and why I'm doing this and that in the game :):) 

B!**h pls I just want my easy platinum

Same as I did with Until Dawn.

How did you not care? The characters were cool, enjoyable in Until Dawn. People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

So I read like 8 of the trophies need to be done in shared story mode. That’s the online mode. I wish they wouldn’t have added online, I literally have nobody to play with on my friends list. So if anybody wants to help, I’ll be getting the game tomorrow.

How did you not care? The characters were cool, enjoyable in Until Dawn. People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

I could hook up with you sometime, DarkHpokinsn. I'm getting the game tomorrow too.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

I could hook up with you sometime, DarkHpokinsn. I'm getting the game tomorrow too.

Ok, I’ll send you a friend request on PSN. I’ll definitely work with you on that.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants we can set up a shared story mode session (We take turns hosting the session) probably on Saturday when I get off work. Just add my PSN: Tripple_Barnett, message me, and let me know. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

People that play games like this just for trophies make me sick.

Damn man if you get sick just for a silly thing like this you should see a psychiatrist 😱 👍

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm
Patient's medical conditions are worse than I thought
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the trophies can be achivied in solo or for someone you need another Co-Op player to achieve them? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

All the trophies can be achivied in solo or for someone you need another Co-Op player to achieve them? 

Multiple trophies require a coop partner to get, including a few relationship trophies. There’s also multiple collectibles that can only be gotten during the coop story

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me what I'm meant to do for the heartbeat action. If I press X on the heartbeat I fail. If I press X between the heartbeats I fail. If I dont press anything I fail. What's going on? The only instruction is to press X in time with the heartbeat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.