Lion King and Aladdin Games Getting Remastered

I would be happy if they actually ported Ducktales Remastered and Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse on the actual PS4. Would get more people playing those games for sure.

Anyway, if it's like DOOM 1, DOOM 2, The Disney Afternoon Collection, Megaman Legacy Collections and the buttload of re-releases of old games, then this will very likely just be a touched up port of the Lion King and Aladdin games in 1080p. That's good enough, because they're old games that you originally played on an old television set that probably played your old VHS tapes for you.

I played The Lion King and Aladdin games back in 1994 - 1997 on my Sega Genesis, before I got a Nintendo 64. Never owned them, used to go to a local rental store that is now long gone and I usually got one game every few weeks. Wasn't good enough to get too far in the games. Aladdin was definitely great though.

2 hours ago, grimydawg said:

Can't wait for scrubs to complain about the games not having :platinum: They wouldn't get it anyway because they'd get bodied in Lion King alone :lol: 

Pretty much a flip of the coin. But I have a bad feeling that this collection will NOT be getting a platinum. If the Castlevania Anniversary Collection and Contra Anniversary Collection showed us anything, it could just be 'beat the game' and a gold trophy for 'beat all games in the collection'. Yet the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection gets a platinum, and all three DOOM games from id Software gets one platinum each.

There is absolutely no consistency, because it's literally a flip of the coin. But I'm holding my breath that this isn't going to be yet another slapped together trophy list with a bunch of bronzes.

I did Megaman Legacy Collection 2. All bronze trophies. So anything could happen.

Edited by Spaz

3 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Good maybe it'll stop all the posts on FB talking about how brutal Lion King was back in the day. It wasn't at all.

I guess it depends at what age you played the games. And want to bet what IGN/gamespot/whatever gaming stuff  will post next on facebook xD ?  ( hint it will contain the words Dark,  Souls)  

21 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Good maybe it'll stop all the posts on FB talking about how brutal Lion King was back in the day. It wasn't at all.

I think it's really more to do with the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" level with the monkeys and the giraffes and hippos.  At least that's what I hear anyway.

This is funny as hell for me.

Yesterday I finished Wonder boy the Dragons trap 100% and holy, this game is gooood, never got the chance to play the original but I loved this game ! And when I finished it I said to my brother, it would be extremely awesome if someday they did a remake/remaster like Wonder boy (with the old style - new style switch) for the old lion king game, pinocchio, aladdin, mickey mouse magical quest etc. because they were my childhood ! ?
And well, look at that, dreams do come true, sometimes way faster than expected ?

Super excited for the remasters! ?

Edited by neko-chan251191
  • Like 1

Other than Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart I don't think there's a game I played more than Aladdin on the SNES. This would be a serious nostalgia trip for me if it is indeed the SNES version. Here's hoping they're available separately as I'm not fussed on playing the lion king

Edit : yeah this is a no buy, they have all variations of everything except the one I want. Shame

Edited by Cleggworth