Cross-Save from PS4 to PS3 version is possible?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

I was wondering if it's possible to do Cross-Save my PS4 savegame to PS3 version. Obviously only for the trophies.

Is it possible to achieve all of them quickly? My Level 80 character with all his OP10 equipment will be maintaned to rush all missions very fast?  

But I also know that some other trophies will have to do them by myself like "Reach level 30 and discover all named locations.

I have never owned Borderlands 2 on PS3. To let Cross-Save work, I should buy the digital version or retail one?

Thanks for your answers!

From my knowledge, you can transfer as long as it's between the same console family (meaning you can only transfer between PS3, PS4 and Vita) although I don't know how it works now with the new DLC being only available on the PS4 version.

Here's another thread where people discussed the subject:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

From my knowledge, you can transfer as long as it's between the same console family (meaning you can only transfer between PS3, PS4 and Vita) although I don't know how it works now with the new DLC being only available on the PS4 version.

If you have the Lilith DLC installed, then cross-save over to the PS3 - you will get an error/warning message on loading the game, your level will drop if you're over 72 and all the relevant DLC items will be removed from your character.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

On 28/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, HuntingFever said:

If you have the Lilith DLC installed, then cross-save over to the PS3 - you will get an error/warning message on loading the game, your level will drop if you're over 72 and all the relevant DLC items will be removed from your character.

Ah alright thanks, I'll play something else 

On 28/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, Fragtaster said:

I have purchased both Borderlands 1 & 2 many times (for XB360, XBOne, PS3, PS4 and PC), and I do not believe there is cross-play between Borderlands Remastered & The Handsome Jack collection, and the PS3/XB360 releases. I don't even believe saves from the PC version of Boardlands are transferable to the PC version of the Remaster (and that's on the same platform). I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I played my console copies. I know If I could transfer my god-tier characters from XB360 I would have loved that.

On 28/8/2019 at 11:09 AM, TugaSonic said:

On 28/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, HuntingFever said:

I haven't specified I have Borderlands 2 from the Handsome Collection on PS4

33 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I haven't specified I have Borderlands 2 from the Handsome Collection on PS4

That's the only version of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 so that won't be an issue.

EDIT: Besides Borderlands 2 VR

Edited by TugaSonic

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

That's the only version of Borderlands 2 on the PS4 so that won't be an issue.

EDIT: Besides Borderlands 2 VR

This^

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the VR version has cross-save ?. Also, cross-save was patched in after the fact with the PS3, PS4 and Vita versions of BL2 so make sure you have the latest patch installed before trying to export or import your save.

• 3 weeks later...

For anybody still wondering, I can confirm that yes it is possible to cross save from PS4 (Handsome Collection) > PS3 and auto-pop the trophies outlined in the cross save guide. I just tried it using my PS4 save and managed to auto-pop all the major non story related trophies on my PS3.

According to a Gearbox post I found, you can actually transfer saves interchangeably between PS4, PS3, and Vita. It doesn’t matter which console your save is on, as long as you’re transferring within the same console family it can be used to unlock the trophies on the other 2 consoles.

However they said this “reverse” cross save feature only works on PlayStation. Apparently Xbox users cannot transfer backwards from Xbone > Xbox 360 etc.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

I can also confirm the PS4 to PS3 process works. I was surprised since it isn’t talked about in many guides, but I guess the assumption is that you would have earned them already. The process also works for the Pre Sequel. Just be aware of owning the DLCs on the PS3 versions to get the relevant trophies.

Edited by bikeman223

4 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I can also confirm the PS4 to PS3 process works. I was surprised since it isn’t talked about in many guides, but I guess the assumption is that you would have earned them already. The process also works for the Pre Sequel. Just be aware of owning the DLCs on the PS3 versions to get the relevant trophies.

And Blands 1 has cross-save? Haven't started on the series yet, but do have Blands 1 for PS3, and Blands 2/Pre-Sequel for PS4. 

So I no longer currently own a PS3 but own the Vita version and a PSVita. 

Since both PS3/Vita share the same list will I be able to transfer my cross save to unlock all trophies for that list then? Or will I run into an error similar to people that try to transfer a save from PS4 + Lilith DLC over? (The PS Vita version didn't release with all original dlc packs missing two of the four main ones.)

6 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So I no longer currently own a PS3 but own the Vita version and a PS Vita. 

Since both PS3/Vita share the same list will I be able to transfer my cross save to unlock all trophies for that list then? Or will I run into an error similar to people that try to transfer a save from PS4 + Lilith DLC over? (The PS Vita version didn't release with all original dlc packs missing two of the four main ones.)

Transferring to the PS4 from the Vita, won't cause any issues but going from the PS4 to the Vita will cause a lot of problems due to that version not getting most of the DLCs that have been released over the last 7 years.

On 2019-09-20 at 0:51 PM, HuntingFever said:

Transferring to the PS4 from the Vita, won't cause any issues but going from the PS4 to the Vita will cause a lot of problems due to that version not getting most of the DLCs that have been released over the last 7 years.

Don’t quote me on this as I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t believe transferring over a character with the DLCs will make a huge difference or cause any problems.

In my experience, the level 50 character I transferred from PS4 > PS3 had all DLCs completed with Lilith’s DLC in progress. All that happened was a warning when logging in that DLC related stuff would be unusable, and several of my guns and items were unequippable. But everything else worked fine. I’ve also read in other threads that a level 51-72 character will simply be reduced back to 50.

If someone can try this and verify it would be very helpful for other users in the future.

54 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Don’t quote me on this as I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t believe transferring over a character with the DLCs will make a huge difference or cause any problems.

In my experience, the level 50 character I transferred from PS4 > PS3 had all DLCs completed with Lilith’s DLC in progress. All that happened was a warning when logging in that DLC related stuff would be unusable, and several of my guns and items were unequippable. But everything else worked fine. I’ve also read in other threads that a level 51-72 character will simply be reduced back to 50.

If someone can try this and verify it would be very helpful for other users in the future.

Confirmed. That's exactly what happens (I know because I did just that a few months ago) and what I meant by "problems", because you will be stripped of all your good gear and have to respec for a different build to accommodate for the lack of skill points :(.

You're better off doing the PS3/Vita version first, then cross saving over to the PS4 release.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 2019-09-21 at 4:45 PM, HuntingFever said:

Confirmed. That's exactly what happens (I know because I did just that a few months ago) and what I meant by "problems", because you will be stripped of all your good gear and have to respec for a different build to accommodate for the lack of skill points :(.

You're better off doing the PS3/Vita version first, then cross saving over to the PS4 release.

Ahh yes that would indeed be a “problem.” A pretty big one! Along with a pain in the rear end ? Thanks for confirming.

• Like 2

Wow! Just wanted to post a nice little update here after I managed to pop ‘Capped Out...For Now’ completely by accident! ?

I had previously reported that by transferring my level 50 character from PS4 to PS3, I soon realized that without the DLCs on PS3, I was unable to gain any XP and so it was impossible to level up from 50-51 and auto-pop the level related trophies as outlined in the guide.

I ended up importing a level 30 character to auto-pop the level 5, 10, and 25 trophies, and figured I would have to earn the trophy for reaching level 50 either the slow way, while playing through the story again, or by powerleveling a character to level 49 and importing him so I could reach 50.

However, tonight I joined a lower level friend’s game to help him with a boss and the ‘Capped Out...For Now’ trophy instantly popped when I joined his lobby! This was a great relief and will save me lots of time. I’m not sure if this was a good glitch though or if this will work every time. 

If anybody is able to test this out and confirm whether or not this will always work, it would be useful to have this information available for other players. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Wow! Just wanted to post a nice little update here after I managed to pop ‘Capped Out...For Now’ completely by accident! 1f601.png

I had previously reported that by transferring my level 50 character from PS4 to PS3, I soon realized that without the DLCs on PS3, I was unable to gain any XP and so it was impossible to level up from 50-51 and auto-pop the level related trophies as outlined in the guide.

I ended up importing a level 30 character to auto-pop the level 5, 10, and 25 trophies, and figured I would have to earn the trophy for reaching level 50 either the slow way, while playing through the story again, or by powerleveling a character to level 49 and importing him so I could reach 50.

However, tonight I joined a lower level friend’s game to help him with a boss and the ‘Capped Out...For Now’ trophy instantly popped when I joined his lobby! This was a great relief and will save me lots of time. I’m not sure if this was a good glitch though or if this will work every time. 

If anybody is able to test this out and confirm whether or not this will always work, it would be useful to have this information available for other players. Thanks!

this was actually pretty helpful because i was thinking about doing the ps3 version at some point but my character is rank 72