Cross-Save from PS4 to PS3 version is possible?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

On 2019-09-29 at 0:45 AM, KilledByMatty said:

this was actually pretty helpful because i was thinking about doing the ps3 version at some point but my character is rank 72

Well hopefully you can replicate it!

Without the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack DLC on PS3 your character will automatically be lowered to level 50 when you import him and go to play. So try simply joining somebody else’s game and see if those level specific trophies will auto-pop for you too. ?

Note:

As far as I’m aware, there were no other steps involved. But just for the record, immediately after joining his game (within about 10 seconds) I killed the giant robot boss Saturn in the Arid Nexus, and the trophy popped as I was reviving my friend. I didn’t notice if my friend levelled up after the boss was killed, but I don’t see how this would really make a difference. However, IF the trophy doesn’t pop for you upon joining a friend’s game, maybe try getting him to level up just to test it out.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, dieselmanchild said:

For anybody still wondering, I can confirm that yes it is possible to cross save from PS4 (Handsome Collection) > PS3 and auto-pop the trophies outlined in the cross save guide. I just tried it using my PS4 save and managed to auto-pop all the major non story related trophies on my PS3.

According to a Gearbox post I found, you can actually transfer saves interchangeably between PS4, PS3, and Vita. It doesn’t matter which console your save is on, as long as you’re transferring within the same console family it can be used to unlock the trophies on the other 2 consoles.

However they said this “reverse” cross save feature only works on PlayStation. Apparently Xbox users cannot transfer backwards from Xbone > Xbox 360 etc.

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for!

mathias--gamer.png

Edited by mathias--gamer

• 4 months later...

Just did this.got platinum in the PS4 exported my save to the cloud and imported it on my PS3. No autopops but you have to do one additional thing to pop certain trophies - like for all level 1 challenges - as soon as I completed an additional challenge, the trophy for it popped. For getting level 50, reaching level 51 popped all the corresponding level trophies. Doing all side quests popped as soon as I did that Natural Selection Annex Arena side quest which wasnt counted in the original but since its a side quest I think it registered all the others. Tried a DLC side quest but didnt work - I'm glad that one worked. Story trophies you really have to do though. The trophies I mentioned above though were the tough and grindy trophies anyway.