TellTale Games Revived

DEI2EK

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

(and i still don't know if Minecraft Story Mode is really unplayable after the delisting, nobody ever replied with a proper answer)

The MSM games are playable even after the delisting if you owned them before digitally or you own a disc version.

Only the online components of the games are no longer working:

- Login to your Telltale account.

- Checking your choices through the menu.

- Crowd Play (Never used it in any Telltale game but I think that the host must be logged in to a Telltale account?).

Also perhaps this provides answers for the rest of your questions >>

---

@Topic:

I would really like to buy "Tales of Monkey Island" if it gets a new release.

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound like I'm hating but if they do everything exactly the same as it was then they'll be working at a loss and telltale shouldn't have been revived if that's the case especially if nothing is updated and they constantly have sales which definitely affects buyers from purchasing at full price. I doubt the episodic release schedule also helps unless they spread it out less.

Having said that, I do hope it works out if only for the Wolf Among Us 2

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

I don't mean to sound like I'm hating but if they do everything exactly the same as it was then they'll be working at a loss and telltale shouldn't have been revived if that's the case especially if nothing is updated and they constantly have sales which definitely affects buyers from purchasing at full price. I doubt the episodic release schedule also helps unless they spread it out less.

Having said that, I do hope it works out if only for the Wolf Among Us 2

I totally agree, the only game that I truly enjoyed Is the wolf among us

I really enjoyed all Walking Dead seasons, Game of Thrones, both Batman’s and Guardians of Galaxy.  Enjoyed The Wolf Among Us and Back to the Future but a little less so.  Minecraft ones were terrible and have not played Tales from the Borderlands yet.

4 hours ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Honestly I was mad at the beginning for waiting 4 months between every episode but every time DONTNOD surprised me, they put so much work into there games and you can go to YT and there’s half hour video on the things you may missed in each ep, when I watched it turns out I missed a lot, so you got to give them some credit here. I rather spend $50 on a high quality game then 20$ on a repetitive story like the walking dead, after season 2 TWD is basically trash in my opinion, I couldn’t even bear finishing the final season after episode 2, the only reason I may play it because of the platinum trophy

No, i'm not giving them any credit. $40 is overpriced, both for the quality of the game and its episodic release schedule. Like I said, whether you look at it from the perspective of the second or fifth episode's release (for perspective sake, the former was released four months after the first episode), anyone with any decent type of financial income would have made multiple times over the price of the full game, meaning (1) there was never any reason to spend $40 at launch and (2) the game's price is a ripoff. And even now, it's STILL $40. Additional reminder that it's taking this game over a year to release all 5 episodes. Watch when Man of Medan, which looks to be the better game between the choice system, graphics, and features, and is a whopping $30, won't do this.

4 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

So Yeah i hope they come back but with some games where your decisions matters like TWD S1 (Can't say for 2-Final Season).

Your choices matter in all TWD installments (excluding Michonne because I didn't give that game the proper time to speak on), regardless of what anyone tells you. I binged the whole series a few months ago and then did comparisons with other runs from people on Youtube (which was tedious but worth it for the knowledge). Even A New Frontier, which is grossly over-criticized, contains a few drastic alternative events. People just expect these type of games to always allow (for example) characters to live forever and die whenever they precisely want them to. Even with some of my rust, I can list some examples from every single season except Michonne where prior choices determine the outcome of a future event. That said, if people want choices that matter in more recent games after Heavy Rain, since it is fairly old and has been played by a lot of people, they can check out Detroit: Become Human and the sleeper hit Until Dawn, and then the upcoming Man of Medan (made by the people who created UD).

4 hours ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

I agree whatever you choose it has the same result in the walking dead or GOT like..

Reveal hidden contents

Cutting lee’s arm on the final episode does result the same thing, him dying so I don’t understand why they like to do all of that

same thing with Kenny even tho you save him and forgive him in season 2, at the beginning of the new season (new frontier) he is dead

Telltale should really create a game when your choices do matter, even if it’s more expensive gamers will support them 

See above. TL;DR? They already have. multiple times.

Edited by EcoShifter

13 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

No, i'm not giving them any credit. $40 is overpriced, both for the quality of the game and its episodic release schedule. Like I said, whether you look at it from the perspective of the second or fifth episode's release (for perspective sake, the former was released four months after the first episode), anyone with any decent type of financial income would have made multiple times over the price of the full game, meaning (1) there was never any reason to spend $40 at launch and (2) the game's price is a ripoff. And even now, it's STILL $40. Additional reminder that it's taking this game over a year to release all 5 episodes. Watch when Man of Medan, which looks to be the better game between the choice system, graphics, and features, and is a whopping $30, won't do this.

Life is strange is now on sale for $30, and it went on sale more then once, and the game isn’t over priced they have to pay voice actors, programmers, artists, writers and more for a big game like LIS2 I think 20$ won’t pay shit, but if you can’t afford it you can simply wait for it to go on sale, but judging a game by the price isn’t always a good idea because you’ll be missing out, and some people buy episodic games to get hyped through out the season, no spoilers but for example the ending of life is strange 2 ep3 ending won’t be shocking to the people who buy the game all together and play it all at once. But for the people who are following the season will be shocked and start making theories, and going with your logic the price of man of madden is high then because you pay $30 and the game takes 5 - 6 hours to complete, so I guess at the end everyone is willing to buy games on day one if they like them and can afford it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Life is strange is now on sale for $30, and it went on sale more then once, and the game isn’t over priced they have to pay voice actors, programmers, artists, writers and more for a big game like LIS2 I think 20$ won’t pay shit, but if you can’t afford it you can simply wait for it to go on sale, but judging a game by the price isn’t always a good idea because you’ll be missing out, and some people buy episodic games to get hyped through out the season, no spoilers but for example the ending of life is strange 2 ep3 ending won’t be shocking to the people who buy the game all together and play it all at once. going with your logic the price of man of madden is high then because you pay $30 and the game takes 5 - 6 hours to complete, so I guess at the end everyone is willing to buy games on day one if they like them and can afford it.

Firstly, no it is not on sale. Secondly, it's never gone on sale anymore more than twice. Thirdly, I was talking about the default price, not the generally limited time sale price. Fourthly, the game is overpriced. You mean the same development process with most games, including the other LiS installments? "$20" is what you came up with, I never said that. $30 is also an option. Affordability isn't the issue. I rarely judge games by their prices, but LiS2 blatantly sticks out, especially considering the facts I listed more than once already. I'm also no stranger to these type and genre of games. If people get spoiled, it's their own fault, especially if it's something not all that popular like the LiS series. That's your logic, not mine. MoM has higher production values and other concepts that justify its price. It's not and never will be all about game length, especially when it differs from person to person anyway. In-fact, it's a false equivalence to compare both the games in this area. Both games are interactive drama, but one is episodic while the other is treated as a full game from the get go.

Edited by EcoShifter

2 hours ago, gamelord-2007 said:

I hope this means we will get another Game of Thrones game that continues on from the first game.

In that case: ¿What part of the series can you adapt as a story? If i renember correctly, the game finishes off when the army marches along to dethrone the Boltons from Winterfell. If we take end of season 6 as the start of the new game: 1.- Boltons are extinct. 2.- Starks are reestablsihed in Winterfell. 3.- Lannisters are weak. 4.- We have Danaerys in her campaign to conquer Westeros.

Good for them. Release a game regarding GOT and Wolf Among Us 2 and i'm in.

8 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Firstly, no it is not on sale. Secondly, it's never gone on sale anymore more than twice. Thirdly, I was talking about the default price, not the generally limited time sale price. Fourthly, the game is overpriced. You mean the same development process with most games, including the other LiS installments? "$20" is what you came up with, I never said that. $30 is also an option. Affordability isn't the issue. I rarely judge games by their prices, but LiS2 blatantly sticks out, especially considering the facts I listed more than once already. I'm also no stranger to these type and genre of games. If people get spoiled, it's their own fault, especially if it's something not all that popular like the LiS series. That's your logic, not mine. MoM has higher production values and other concepts that justify its price. It's not and never will be all about game length, especially when it differs from person to person anyway. In-fact, it's a false equivalence to compare both the games in this area. Both games are interactive drama, but one is episodic while the other is treated as a full game from the get go.

It’s on sale right now for $33, and the reason it’s $49 because they won’t sale a lot of copies like other games. It’s like Japanese visual novels the reason they are high in price because they know it won’t sale much and the company must profit from the project, if they won’t profit why would they even bother with it

13 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Your choices matter in all TWD installments (excluding Michonne because I didn't give that game the proper time to speak on), regardless of what anyone tells you. I binged the whole series a few months ago and then did comparisons with other runs from people on Youtube (which was tedious but worth it for the knowledge). Even A New Frontier, which is grossly over-criticized, contains a few drastic alternative events. People just expect these type of games to always allow (for example) characters to live forever and die whenever they precisely want them to. Even with some of my rust, I can list some examples from every single season except Michonne where prior choices determine the outcome of a future event. That said, if people want choices that matter in more recent games after Heavy Rain, since it is fairly old and has been played by a lot of people, they can check out Detroit: Become Human and the sleeper hit Until Dawn, and then the upcoming Man of Medan (made by the people who created UD).

I didn't say anything not having played them so i don't know nor can argue about it. I want to play them at this point i'll just wait the complete collection. (I miss S1 on Ps4 Anyway) 

But Other Telltale games? Choices should always matter. Otherwise it's not even watching a Movie, even Erica, a recent game has choices chaning the Endings without needing to Say big Titles you already quoted.

You can't even Say they are like Novel, novel have Choices and different endings too while some Telltale games don'tm that's the problem. Only game that is realistic having only 1 possible ending is Tales from the borderlands since the ending needs to be connected to BL3 and it was already decided.

Well this thread went from very joyous to slightly argumentative pretty quick...

How about we all agree that we're happy they're probably making new games in the future and that despite me and others liking the games however they were, every developer could always do better :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Well this thread went from very joyous to slightly argumentative pretty quick...

How about we all agree that we're happy they're probably making new games in the future and that despite me and others liking the games however they were, every developer could always do better :)

I absolutely agree!  Hope they do well no matter what :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Sorry if I sounded hateful, I just want them to get better, and they made an amazing game the wolf among us, hopefully the new telltale will surprise us this time

• Like 1

Just now, CalicoReidso said:

@DEI2EK

Thanks for the news, and I hope they do continue with fresh content and bring out the cancelled games which were due.

I will keep my eyes open for The Wolf Among Us 2 and Game Of Thrones 2 (hope they get made).

Yes, pleaseeeee! haha And yes, thanks so much for the news @DEI2EK

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

It’s on sale right now for $33, and the reason it’s $49 because they won’t sale a lot of copies like other games. It’s like Japanese visual novels the reason they are high in price because they know it won’t sale much and the company must profit from the project, if they won’t profit why would they even bother with it

In your country, yes. In mine, no.

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I didn't say anything not having played them so i don't know nor can argue about it. I want to play them at this point i'll just wait the complete collection. (I miss S1 on Ps4 Anyway) 

But Other Telltale games? Choices should always matter. Otherwise it's not even watching a Movie, even Erica, a recent game has choices chaning the Endings without needing to Say big Titles you already quoted.

You can't even Say they are like Novel, novel have Choices and different endings too while some Telltale games don'tm that's the problem. Only game that is realistic having only 1 possible ending is Tales from the borderlands since the ending needs to be connected to BL3 and it was already decided.

I know that, you made it clear the first time. It's why I replied with what I did.

I saw someone make a point recently on defending Tales from the Borderland's little choice impact because of its canon premise with the RPG series.

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

2 hours ago, BeTheBesty said:

I absolutely agree!  Hope they do well no matter what :-)

2 hours ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Sorry if I sounded hateful, I just want them to get better, and they made an amazing game the wolf among us, hopefully the new telltale will surprise us this time

2 hours ago, CalicoReidso said:

@DEI2EK

Thanks for the news, and I hope they do continue with fresh content and bring out the cancelled games which were due.

I will keep my eyes open for The Wolf Among Us 2 and Game Of Thrones 2 (hope they get made).

2 hours ago, BeTheBesty said:

Yes, pleaseeeee! haha And yes, thanks so much for the news @DEI2EK

@BeTheBesty Yesss! Let's give them moral support so we can help them make it possible! :dance:

@Ackerman_Ievi it's ok ^^ <3

@CalicoReidso I'm so hoping for a second GoT as well ^^

There's so many things they could do and keep it canon :dance:

I wonder what other TV/Movie IPs they could use for new ones.

I'd like to see a Stranger Things, Attack on Titan, Man in the High Castle, etc etc anything with a great setting that we can see through the eyes of the little people that we don't see in the shows.

Hell a Scream non canon like spinoff would be awesome. Can you answer the correct questions to the horror movies for all the people and uncover the truth?

I'm just throwing things out there with .1% of a probability, but would be awesome.