TellTale Games Revived

DEI2EK

11 minutes ago, BeTheBesty said:

20 minute platinums?!  Where can I find those?! hahaha

There are dozens of  "easy/fast plats" threads in this forum, you can do most of them in  20-60 minute. Most of those "games" have 5-6 stacks so you can easily get 100-150 plats in a few weeks.

Examples: mayo, jack n jill, midnight deluxe, energy cycle, etc. and much more.

EDIT: you probably wouldnt enjoy 95% of those games ?

Edited by GoDBoss173

1 minute ago, GoDBoss173 said:

There are dozens of  "easy/fast plats" threads in this forum, you can do most of them in  20-60 minute. Most of those "games" have 5-6 stacks so you can easily get 100-150 plats in a few weeks.

WoW would it be a sin to consider playing some of them? haha

5 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Oh dear lol checked a few trailers and ermmm yeahhhhh I think I'll stick with Telltale games hahaha

Thanks for telling me about them though xx

22 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Telltale plats are badges of honour compared to all those 156476 trash "games" with a 20min plat1f604.png

Tbh I respect the people who stacked more then 100+ easy game, that (trash) games are really grindy and boring when you keep stacking them 

1 minute ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Tbh I respect the people who stacked more then 100+ easy game, that (trash) games are really grindy and boring when you keep stacking them 

I guess you have to respect their patience but I prefer to enjoy my games lol

• Like 2

On 28/08/2019 at 6:30 PM, grifteskymfning said:

The reality is that some people who didn't actually work at Telltale Games have bought the rights to a name. Brands don't make video games.

https://kotaku.com/two-people-who-didnt-work-at-telltale-games-say-theyre-1837654392

I feel like this is quite an important factor and that anyone with an interest in this revival should read this brief article. We still don't know where this will go, but it's not the same as pushing the on button to resume things.  

10 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I feel like this is quite an important factor and that anyone with an interest in this revival should read this brief article. We still don't know where this will go, but it's not the same as pushing the on button to resume things.  

While that "article" starts with some facts about the background of the buyers, it jumps to conclusions just like everyone else is doing. I don't see it providing any more value than anyone elses opinion.

One buyer has experience with mobile licensed development and the other worked in video game art production as well as in physics software development. And they got financing from other people to make it happen.

Everything beyond that is speculation and mostly FUD.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

While that "article" starts with some facts about the background of the buyers, it jumps to conclusions just like everyone else is doing. I don't see it providing any more value than anyone elses opinion.

One buyer has experience with mobile licensed development and the other worked in video game art production as well as in physics software development. And they got financing from other people to make it happen.

Everything beyond that is speculation and mostly FUD.

Maybe I'm wrong. Schreier's past articles on Hangar 13, Bioware and Bethesda are still well worth a read. So I find his take on this interesting to consider. Of course, though the key part is the lack of involvement from anyone who used to work at Telltale at the moment. Whether that's a good thing or not is too soon to tell. I just felt like this was the more interesting part of the whole story. It's a brand revival not necessarily a comeback for the company. It kind of reminds me of Nordic Games becoming THQ Nordic after acquiring several trademarks and assets. Don't get me wrong, I would like nothing more than a positive comeback for Telltale. Unfortunately, it has been almost a year since they closed so I imagine most of the former staff have already found new jobs.       

Edited by bikeman223

1 minute ago, Sifferino said:

On this well-known & respected Dutch website (Tweakers) they specifically mention The Wolf Among Us & Batman series as part of the deal. Oh, I’d love The Wolf Among Us 2! They also mention wanting to move away from episodic releases.

Fabulous!  There is hope hehe

I never enjoyed the two games I bought that much from Telltale.

Got Walking Dead (was a huge fan of the show at the time) and Borderlands (loved these games so figured why not..) and neither really did much for me. 

Just not my kind of games, so for me this isn't exciting but it's awesome others will get some entertainment and fun out of it! :) 

3 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

On this well-known & respected Dutch website (Tweakers) they specifically mention The Wolf Among Us & Batman series as part of the deal. Oh, I’d love The Wolf Among Us 2! They also mention wanting to move away from episodic releases.

I don't think people would mind if they did, can't see many people who would prefer episodic releases over a full release a bit later down the line

14 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Of course, though the key part is the lack of involvement from anyone who used to work at Telltale at the moment. 

What is the big deal with that being so bad? Didn't Telltale shut down? Don't you want people who were involved with that out of the company?

Also, sorry if this come across as an insult, because it's not. Telltale games aren't some completely unique gaming experience that some savant was coming up with. Give me a good team of people and a couple months and I can duplicate anything about the Telltale experience and put it into a new story. It's entirely reproducible.

Immediate assumption of this is bad is completely short sighted. Give it time to play out and see what happens. Judge that output. It doesn't hurt to be optimistic here, yet some people are looking for every unreasonable way to be upset over their assumptions.

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

I don't think people would mind if they did, can't see many people who would prefer episodic releases over a full release a bit later down the line

I don’t think telltale would change there games to full release

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

What is the big deal with that being so bad? Didn't Telltale shut down? Don't you want people who were involved with that out of the company?

Also, sorry if this come across as an insult, because it's not. Telltale games aren't some completely unique gaming experience that some savant was coming up with. Give me a good team of people and a couple months and I can duplicate anything about the Telltale experience and put it into a new story. It's entirely reproducible.

Immediate assumption of this is bad is completely short sighted. Give it time to play out and see what happens. Judge that output. It doesn't hurt to be optimistic here, yet some people are looking for every unreasonable way to be upset over their assumptions.

Very true!  I'm just so happy to hear there is a chance of more to come :-)

11 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I don't think everyone who previously worked there was bad. After all they did make many beloved titles. I am talking about the workforce who got no severance and not the high level management who were at fault for TT shutting down. Maybe I'm wrong about it all and the lack of previous developer involvement could be a good thing, or not. It's too soon to tell. I'm just trying to be realistic, like I said before I do hope this all works out. It could go in any direction, maybe it'll be great.

Edited by bikeman223
Clarification

29 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I don't think everyone who previously worked there was bad. After all they did make many beloved titles. Maybe I'm wrong about it all and the lack of previous involvement could be a good thing, or not. It's too soon to tell. I'm just trying to be realistic, like I said before I do hope this all works out. It could go in any direction, maybe it'll be great.

That's also true,,, I enjoyed all the Telltale games I played so far very much.  I'm feeling very positive about the future whether there are old or new members :-)

7 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Don't forget Telltale don't own any of their IP. I don't understand what anybody would gain from buying Telltale. Their engine is awful. They have no assets. They're literally just buying a name. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to come from this.

According to a couple a couple of articles they have a few of their old licenses wrapped up in the deal. People speculate they are the Wolf Among Us and Batman. But I wouldn't expect anything like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or Borderlands to return. Though it mostly seems that they have brought the Telltale name for brand recognition.

Edited by bikeman223

While there was many reasons that Telltale failed (PSA I'm a huge fan of TT)

The main reason they really went under was Kevin Bruner and his incompetent leadership, lets see what he did wrong 
- Creating Crunch

- Spending money into IPs instead of reinvesting it into the company
- Sueing the company when he was ousted for "toxic managment"

- Creating a huge Workload for 300 people

The CEO after Kevin, Pete Hawley had the Terrible idea to restructure the company "letting go of 90 people" making the rest of the company crunch even harder. 
Games themselves were not bad, the sales even were not (that) bad It was the shite management