DEI2EK

TellTale Games Revived

111 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Don't forget Telltale don't own any of their IP. I don't understand what anybody would gain from buying Telltale. Their engine is awful. They have no assets. They're literally just buying a name. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to come from this.

If I remember correctly they were working on a new engine before they announced closing. We just never got to see it.

 

1 hour ago, mackenzie129 said:

While there was many reasons that Telltale failed (PSA I'm a huge fan of TT)

The main reason they really went under was Kevin Bruner and his incompetent leadership, lets see what he did wrong 
- Creating Crunch

- Spending money into IPs instead of reinvesting it into the company
- Sueing the company when he was ousted for "toxic managment"

- Creating a huge Workload for 300 people

 

The CEO after Kevin, Pete Hawley had the Terrible idea to restructure the company "letting go of 90 people" making the rest of the company crunch even harder. 
Games themselves were not bad, the sales even were not (that) bad It was the shite management 

 

This^^^^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we know at this point is that two people bought the brand. I have no idea if that is good or bad, it all depends on what they want to do with it. So instead of picking any side I will just wait until we actually see where this will be going. "Telltale games lives again!" sure sells more newspapers than a more nuanced headline though, that's for sure.

 

Anyhow, if they can take the existing games and make them fit for the new console on a tight enough budget, then maybe they can turn a profit. Especially if they are able to keep the "Make Telltale great again" theme going in the upcoming months. And who knows, maybe their stale old engine would run a little smoother by default on a new and more powerful console like ths PS5?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

And who knows, maybe their stale old engine would run a little smoother by default on a new and more powerful console like ths PS5?

 

It didn't when they carried it over to the PS4. 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

According to a couple a couple of articles they have a few of their old licenses wrapped up in the deal. People speculate they are the Wolf Among Us and Batman. But I wouldn't expect anything like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or Borderlands to return. Though it mostly seems that they have brought the Telltale name for brand recognition.

 

It’s not speculation:

 

Quote

In an interview with Polygon, Ottilie confirmed that the new business has back-catalog rights to licensed properties The Wolf Among Us and Batman as well as full rights to original Telltale games such as Puzzle Agent. “There are some other expired licenses that we’re looking at,” he said.

 

I hope one of those other licenses is Tales from the Borderlands. Best of the bunch and I don’t even *like* Borderlands (so imagine my own surprise) 🙂

Edited by Sifferino
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

 

It’s not speculation:

 

 

I hope one of those other licenses is Tales from the Borderlands. Best of the bunch and I don’t even *like* Borderlands (so imagine my own surprise) 🙂

Thanks for the notice, I had only seen people in this thread talking about it. I didn't want to make a declaration. I agree with you about Tales being the best, though management considered it a flop. I think a skeleton crew of the more committed developers had to finish the last few episodes. One of the Borderlands 3 writers has talked about wanting to bring it back, in light of the partial resurrection.

 

Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/30/borderlands-3-writer-wants-to-pen-tales-from-the-borderlands-season-2

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just going to wait and see what games they come out with and if they are good. I will wait to make any other opinions or comments until we actually get a first hand look at one of the games

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

I agree with you about Tales being the best, though management considered it a flop. I think a skeleton crew of the more committed developers had to finish the last few episodes. One of the Borderlands 3 writers has talked about wanting to bring it back, in light of the partial resurrection.

 

Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/30/borderlands-3-writer-wants-to-pen-tales-from-the-borderlands-season-2

 

I did not know it was considered a flop. It is cool to read that Tales is considered canon in the Borderlands universe! Doesn’t seem likely that we’ll see a season 2 though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to necro this old boy.

 

I went to go start Guadians of the Galaxy, I had purchased it before and apparently it had been downloaded this whole time. Once I started, it however, I remembered the dreaded event of having to download the other 4 episodes, which apparently are not on the store anymore? Is there any kind of workaround available at this point or am I left hoping they add these back onto the market? I have Minecraft 1 and 2 as well but I never downloaded all episodes either.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I'm going to necro this old boy.

 

I went to go start Guadians of the Galaxy, I had purchased it before and apparently it had been downloaded this whole time. Once I started, it however, I remembered the dreaded event of having to download the other 4 episodes, which apparently are not on the store anymore? Is there any kind of workaround available at this point or am I left hoping they add these back onto the market? I have Minecraft 1 and 2 as well but I never downloaded all episodes either.

 

Pretty certain it stands atm that to download any episodes (not already on your download list) you need a season pass version of a telltale game and it should still work. Everything has been removed from all stores at this stage. Do you have the season pass version of guardians of the galaxy or just own ep1?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

 

Pretty certain it stands atm that to download any episodes (not already on your download list) you need a season pass version of a telltale game and it should still work. Everything has been removed from all stores at this stage. Do you have the season pass version of guardians of the galaxy or just own ep1?

I was sure I had bought the full versions of those games on sale before - but all I see is the option to "purchase season pass", which obviously doesn't exist in the store at the moment. I remember for the Batman ones, etc, that if you hadn't already downloaded the whole season, it still took you into the store to initiate that download, so that's why I'm thinking that even though I purchased it, because I never downloaded those files, they are still unavailable for me. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I was sure I had bought the full versions of those games on sale before - but all I see is the option to "purchase season pass", which obviously doesn't exist in the store at the moment. I remember for the Batman ones, etc, that if you hadn't already downloaded the whole season, it still took you into the store to initiate that download, so that's why I'm thinking that even though I purchased it, because I never downloaded those files, they are still unavailable for me. 

 

If the Batman one you had was a season pass copy, then yeah they would be available to you for download so they store would initiate the download. But if you don't have a season pass copy of a game, this wont happen unless you have purchased them previously and are in your download list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.