Solved: Secret/Easter Egg: Feeding the Furnace / Fire TVs. You get an OP weapon mod for a reward.

ObsceneSociopath

37 minutes ago, HappyChika said:

I am not that far in the game yet, but I will definitely keep an eye out for these and let you know if I come across any that might be new.  Nice find!  

Have you done the side quest for the Janitor yet that involves putting rubbish in the Furnace? I can't remember how many items you had to throw in for him, I think it my have been 6 so I'm wondering if there's any correlation between the amount we threw in & the number of Tv's.

Its just curious with everything else, the Tv's not respawning & having fire on them & beimg located near the furnace, the recording about feeding it & even the fact there's a side quest that has you throwing things in it so you know how to.

There's a locked door in the Furnace room & on the map it leads to a corridor & then a dead end so it's highly unlikely to be a shortcut, I'm half expecting that if we feed the Furnace enough Tv's either the door will unlock or the Furnace will go out & there will be an item/switch inside it.

40 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

There's a locked door in the Furnace room & on the map it leads to a corridor & then a dead end so it's highly unlikely to be a shortcut, I'm half expecting that if we feed the Furnace enough Tv's either the door will unlock or the Furnace will go out & there will be an item/switch inside it.

Sounds like an interesting theory. In regards to the locked door, are you referring to the door that is on an elevated platform on the right side (if facing the furnace)? That's one of the hidden areas and you can access it by following these instructions (courtesy of PowerPyx):

Spoiler

"In the Black Rock Quarry Entrance (where the Astral monster is) is a door in an above alcove you can enter. Use Levitate to climb the platforms and then follow the sewers until you find a door that leads you back to the Furnace Chamber. Upon getting to the area where the door is, you’ll unlock the Ability Point."

You can find more information here:

http://www.powerpyx.com/control-all-hidden-locations-guide/

I went back and checked because I got a little bit excited but sadly I couldn't find a TV in that room/corridor. Dunno if that's because I've finished the game but I doubt it. This definitely feels like something Remedy would do though so you might be onto something. Let us know if you make any progress!

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

Sounds like an interesting theory. In regards to the locked door, are you referring to the door that is on an elevated platform on the right side (if facing the furnace)? That's one of the hidden areas and you can access it by following these instructions (courtesy of PowerPyx):

Reveal hidden contents

"In the Black Rock Quarry Entrance (where the Astral monster is) is a door in an above alcove you can enter. Use Levitate to climb the platforms and then follow the sewers until you find a door that leads you back to the Furnace Chamber. Upon getting to the area where the door is, you’ll unlock the Ability Point."

You can find more information here:

http://www.powerpyx.com/control-all-hidden-locations-guide/

I went back and checked because I got a little bit excited but sadly I couldn't find a TV in that room/corridor. Dunno if that's because I've finished the game but I doubt it. This definitely feels like something Remedy would do though so you might be onto something. Let us know if you make any progress!

Well that debunks that theory then haha, I was curious about how to get into that room though so if I really can't figure it out, I'll have a look, thanks. I've just found a 6th TV, on my way back with it now to see if anything happens. 

-edit-

You do get something for doing it, I've updated the op.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typo.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

You do get somethimg for doing it, I've updated the op.

That is awesome! The mod sounds extremely good, and I'll be sure to pick it up considering Grip is my go-to mode. Great find!

Now I wonder if there are more "Absolute"-quality modifications out there.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

That is awesome! The mod sounds extremely good, and I'll be sure to pick it up considering Grip is my go-to mode. Great find!

Now I wonder if there are more "Absolute"-quality modifications out there.

You can get generic ones from Board Counter Measures & crafting but I agree, it would be nice if each weapon had a special one specifically for that weapon type.

The Grip is my go to aswell, it was already strong with the 2 damage mods I had on it giving it +94% damage, but now combined with Eternal Fire, it's crazy op.

11 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

I got a bunch of them.  Exploration pays!

Will definitely be getting back to the game now that I've finished it to look for more secrets and hidden objects. Love the Oldest House and the environments in general, but finding certain Side quests was a bit of a pain and put me off further exploration while I made progress on the story.

Edited by SinisterPledge

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...