A pretty special 10 year long achievement

damienjablonski

Pretty cool, well done. Would be petty of me to bring up those 6 seconds; very, very petty indeed. And I'm not petty at all.

As for the game, I had a fantastic time playing through on the 360 with the wife. When It came to PS4 I bought it again thinking it would be great to both work towards platinum together. Unfortunately it's unplayable in local multiplayer as player 2 can't build their arsenal, upgrade guns etc. Not unless player 1 does it and shares, but even then it's very fiddly and takes twice as long. A major letdown of a remaster for me unfortunately.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I think the game sucks and for the Resident Evil series it's one of the worst games. But you might see this different when you're 12. Also it's not an easy plat nor 100%, so alone for doing that twice you can feel proud, congrats from my side. I got 100% on the PS3 Version. I've never done something like this but atm my project is to make Red Dead Redemption 2 my #100 platinum. I love that game and series so much and since I'm stucked at 99 platinum trophies right now this should be my number 100 milestone. And I'm almost there :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

I think the game sucks and for the Resident Evil series it's one of the worst games. But you might see this different when you're 12. Also it's not an easy plat nor 100%, so alone for doing that twice you can feel proud, congrats from my side. I got 100% on the PS3 Version. I've never done something like this but atm my project is to make Red Dead Redemption 2 my #100 platinum. I love that game and series so much and since I'm stucked at 99 platinum trophies right now this should be my number 100 milestone. And I'm almost there :) 

I agree that it was a horrible Resident Evil game but I did find it to be fun with friends as an action game.

@damienjablonski Congrats!

To me it was sort of the same. Except that I layed the original on the 360 and it was my first 100% achievements game too

Thhen I changed from the Xbox to Playstation in the next generation and with the remaster on PS4 I had to get it as well so I did and also got a 100%

Now I'm considering to find a copy of the PS3 version to do it once again!

Congratulations @damienjablonski. RE5 is definitely a great game, and excellent double achievement you've done. It's also where Resident Evil as a series should have ended in my opinion because:

Spoiler

The series villain, Wesker, is defeated. The heroes have all been saved, and the BSAA's formation to cover all new threats is established. 

RE6 establishes a bunch of new characters nobody cares about, stories that seem far fetched even by Resident Evil standards, a bunch of endless boring huge monsters to fight, and changes the game into an action game from it's survival horror roots.

RE7, while its pretty good, just seems like the storyline isn't really a Resident Evil one other than a few forced mentions of the RE Universe.

They need to make one final [amazing] Resident Evil game tying everything together and just end the series. And maybe a remake of RE3/4.

Edited by B1rvine