Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hanamaru Kunikida

Yakuza 7 announced - Release in 2020

57 posts in this topic

Sega is a little out of control now. Yakuza on RPG and Sakura Wars on ACT...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interested in how this RPG might work with a Yakuza, might end being really similar to Persona. Definitely in my wish list now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not sure how I feel about this turn based RPG system. I like the combat the way it was before. Don’t really care for turn based RPG’s in general.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yakuza as a turn base RPG, that really weird

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that video that showed the RPG style fighting wasn't an April fools joke after all. Although it did make me interested in playing it just to see how it worked.

For those that didn't watch it here's the video from back then:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hyped

love jrpgs

love yakuza games 

 

neat that they’re taking the series in a new direction 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer turn based RPGs so this is interesting news to me, I like the new direction the series is heading in and to be fair, the series had been using the same combat mechanic for years now, it was getting stale.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, dat looks disapointing, also the new protagonist looks weird to me. We will se when it gets out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played a  Yakuza game since 3, the worst one, so this trailer really pushed me to get the rest of the games :D ps4 collection here I come :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have just waited and released it for PS5 as a launch title.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Mmmm, we'll see hwo this goes for, well Everything i guess.

 

I don't really like that they Call this Yakuza 7.

Yakuza story was Kazuma's story, ended with the 6 and Last game ad that should be it. 

They could have called this with Another Title like it was judgment, What has this of Yakuza? The Location looks different, the Gameplay would be ABSOLUTELY different (I mean i LOVE Turn based games and nowadays they are super rare but yakzua as never been that kind of Series, it's strange....), the Characters are different, the only thing i recall is the Tojo Clan, no? I only played a bit of 0 and 3 so maybe i'm wrong. The Yakuza theme base i suppose but i doubt that's the point.

It looks to me that Calling it Yakuza 7 is to sell based on the name the series have reached. Kinda like FF: 

 

At least they didn't bring out Something else about Kazuma and his story actually ended, thanks God that nowadays there is always need to resume old finished stories....

Edited by Sora9427
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only called Yakuza 7 in Asia. In the West it's going to be "Yakuza: Like a Dragon."

 

It's not a good title and creates yet another series where the numbering of games is going to be different between regions... but at least it shows the break between the Kiryu games and this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested to see more of the battle system. Perhaps we'll get to see more of it during TGS. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Isilith said:

Honestly, I'm glad to see Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is unafraid to take creative risks and try new things. After all, after seven Kiryu games plus Judgement and the Fist of the North Star spin-off, the series formula was at risk of growing stale. Shin Yakuza/Yakuza 7/Yakuza: Like a Dragon was always going to have to shake things up, and it seems the team is not taking half-measures. Good!

 

Colour me excited for this one. RGG Studio has earned my trust.

My hopes are if they expand on Judgment like it sounds they plan to, that they make the tailing and chases either more exciting and less repetitive, or much less of them. Felt like they were the same thing over and over again.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Mmmm, we'll see hwo this goes for, well Everything i guess.

 

I don't really like that they Call this Yakuza 7.

Yakuza story was Kazuma's story, ended with the 6 and Last game ad that should be it. 

They could have called this with Another Title like it was judgment, What has this of Yakuza? The Location looks different, the Gameplay would be ABSOLUTELY different (I mean i LOVE Turn based games and nowadays they are super rare but yakzua as never been that kind of Series, it's strange....), the Characters are different, the only thing i recall is the Tojo Clan, no? I only played a bit of 0 and 3 so maybe i'm wrong. The Yakuza theme base i suppose but i doubt that's the point.

It looks to me that Calling it Yakuza 7 is to sell based on the name the series have reached. Kinda like FF: 

 

At least they didn't bring out Something else about Kazuma and his story actually ended, thanks God that nowadays there is always need to resume old finished stories....

 I agree with the first part.

 

I am not so sure about th second part. The end of kiryu ( not the ending of Y6 itself) was extremely unsatisfying , atleast for me.

 

Spoiler

 I mean he cut all ties and then he leaves, basically an open ending and i dont like that. I want to know what happens with kiryu (where will he go?, what will he do?). I wish they would make some kind of side campaign ( like the one in Kiwami 2 with majima) in Y7 and give him a proper closure. He is living in the US/ a japanese city with kaoru ( or the girl from Y5) and works as a taxidriver ( alternatives: real estate or some kind of club manager 😂) or something like this.

 

Edited by GoDBoss173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

 I agree with the first part.

 

I am not so sure about th second part. The end of kiryu ( not the ending of Y6 itself) was extremely unsatisfying, atleast for me. I mean he cut all ties and then he leaves, basically an open ending and i dont like that. I want to know what happens with kiryu (where will he go?, what will he do?). I wish they would make some kind of side campaign ( like the one in Kiwami 2 with majima) in Y7 and give him a proper closure. He is living in the US/ a japanese city with kaoru ( or the girl from Y5) and works as a taxidriver ( alternatives: real estate or some kind of club manager 1f602.png) or something like this.

 

Put this on spoiler, i stopped after The End of Kyriu. Me and other people weriting heer still have to finish it.
So i won't reply to this since i can't, but please put a "End of Yakuza 6 Story" spoiler about that part.

Edited by Sora9427
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

 

Put this on spoiler, i stopped after The End of Kyriu. Me and other people weriting heer still have to finish it.
So i won't reply to this since i can't, but please put a "End of Yakuza 6 Story" spoiler about that part.

 

Sorry I completely ignored that possibility, my bad.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoDBoss173 said:

 

Sorry I completely ignored that possibility, my bad.

 

No problem, i see you Fixed it, Thanks for that and replying, not all people are Fast and Kind to Put their post on spoilers later :) 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This footage look like a PS5 game. What do you wanna bet it will either be cross-gen or eventually ported after the PS4 version and PS5 are out? I can't see it releasing in the west - given its such a mega text heavy title - until atleast around the time of the PS5's launch, so it's a possibility at the very least. The graphics in the footage looks noticeably better than even Judgment.

 

Eitherway, I recently bought both the Remastered Collection and the Origins Collection (and already had Judgment and Yakuza 1, 2, 6 & Dead Souls) - so this will be a DAY ONE purchase for me when it releases here.

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.