Yakuza: Like a Dragon announced - Launches November 10 for PS4 & March 2, 2021 for PS5

Suminya

• 1 month later...

Yakuza: Like A Dragon Will Get a Demo

Sega will release a Yakuza: Like A Dragon demo soon so players can get a better feel of its battle system before buying the full game.

https://www.dualshockers.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon-demo-producers-confident-rpg/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since there is no new date yet for Western (English) 2020 release.  Likely in the range of Summer  Which doesn't concern me since I'd already platinum the game as well max all the characters levels & job levels.

Ichiban Holding (Company Management)

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/12/yakuza-like-a-dragon-details-company-management-equipment-forging

That mini-game is not hard to understand the basic of getting through the top & earn the top money 3 million ¥!  It's the 2nd highest way to earn money! 

Plus this music above ^ really gets your blood pumping as you get ready for the highly intense battle!  The highest money earning btw is the Millennium Tower which is 30 million ¥ although leveling up characters is highly recommended since the enemies are levels 50-80! 

Of course people already gave mixed opinions with the JRPG aspect which I'd believe it was the right time for a change of gameplay.  Plus you get to control each characters to do their attack moves.

They seem to do fine so far in sales in Japan.

https://www.siliconera.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon-sales-surpass-400000-units/

Though one highly negative choice they making at the moment for 龍が如く 7 which not sure it will impact for Yakuza: Like a Dragon (ENG) is the Paid DLC for >> NG+ & EX-Hard difficulty.  Also of course since this game will be including an English dub which I'd never cared for since I always prefer Japanese.

"Toshihiro Nagoshi gave us a rough idea of what will happen to the Yakuza series in the future. He answered that making the jump to RPG was a big challenge for Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, and how there are now multiple roads available.

Toshihiro Nagoshi:  Making Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 into an RPG was a big challenge. For the next game, we can keep going with RPG and make something that surpasses it. We can also go back to action. We could also make a hybrid system mixing action and the new RPG system. All of these are possible scenarios."

https://www.dualshockers.com/toshihiro-nagoshi-yakuza-like-a-dragon-series-future/

As for DLC outfits for the Ichiban & the gang are not bad!

https://twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1235490234789515265

People should wait at least for a demo or watch some gameplay videos before making a proper decision.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

New trailer.

I'm not very familiar with Yakuza Series, but I didn't expect orbital lasers 1f604.png

Holy shit they released an English trailer and it's on the Xbox channel as well? Western release date must be coming soon :)

Also I heard in yakuza 7 they went batshit crazy now that they're doing a turn based rpg combat style instead of an old school brawler so yea.. orbital laser :lol:..

I'm skeptical but I'm still going to try it. I've already come this far in the series (5 and 6 are left in the backlog). 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

I really hope it comes earlier on PS4, don't want to wait until the end of the year when the XSX releases lol

On 3/9/2020 at 2:01 AM, Black54Ninja said:

People should wait at least for a demo or watch some gameplay videos before making a proper decision.

There is a demo for the game available on the JP store.

It feels strange to see Xbox heavily promote the series like they have been doing recently. The series has been doing disappointing numbers in Japan as of late and you can tell RGG Studio/Sega are shifting their focus to the western market with that day one release across PS, Xbox, and PC. I would be very surprised if Yakuza 8 sticks with the turn-based combat considering that was done to try and win back the Japanese audience (it didn't work). I just don't see that kind of game being popular with Xbox players.

Also, I still hate the western title. Now that I think of it, they probably dropped the number from Yakuza 7 to try and make the game sound more appealing to Xbox players who don't have most of the mainline entries on their platform.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, kanzenchaos said:

There is a demo for the game available on the JP store.

I know about that as I was talking about the English version of the demo whenever it comes out.

--

Anyway on IGN Summer of Gaming 2020

IGN-Sog-2020-Schedule-2-of-3-@4K-UPDATED

Yakuza: Like a Dragon (June 9th) "Exclusive gameplay & interview

Edited by Black54Ninja

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will launch for PlayStation 5 in the west in addition to its previously announced Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions, Sega announced.

The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam, Humble Store, and Microsoft Store) versions will launch in November. As previously announced, the Xbox Series X version will launch on day one of the console’s release date. The PlayStation 5 version will release at a later date.

The previously announced “Day One Edition” of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be officially titled the “Day Ichi Edition.” (“Ichi” means “one” in Japanese, and is also a nickname for protagonist Ichiban Kasuga—whose first name means “No. 1.”) It is joined “Hero” and “Legendary Hero” editions, which are available for pre-order on digital storefronts starting today.

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon_2020_07-22-20_010.j

Spoiler

yakuza_glam_us.jpg

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon_2020_07-22-20_009.j

Sega also announced the English voice cast of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which includes:

• Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison.
  • George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family.
  • Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth.
  • Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world.
  • Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida
  • Like 1

That'll be a Day Ichi Steelbook (lmao, they called it Day Ichi) for me, kyodai. No, I don't own a PS4 or PS5, but I will continue supporting the series out of principle (I have everything post Dead Souls shrink-wrapped, including the CE for 6). Half-dissapointed that Like A Dragon won't have a CE, and half-relieved not to have to spend more than usual.

There's a dub! Random celebrities!

How about no. Did anyone here actually go dub over subs for Judgment?

59 minutes ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon_2020_07-22-20_010.j

Reveal hidden contents

yakuza_glam_us.jpg

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon_2020_07-22-20_009.j

Sega also announced the English voice cast of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which includes:

• Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison.
  • George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family.
  • Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth.
  • Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world.
  • Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission.

For the uninformed like myself, can somebody please tell me what those bonuses entail?  Such as management set, karaoke set, crafting set, etc. There aren't minigames locked behind a pre-order bonus and are just cosmetics correct?

27 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

For the uninformed like myself, can somebody please tell me what those bonuses entail?  Such as management set, karaoke set, crafting set, etc. There aren't minigames locked behind a pre-order bonus and are just cosmetics correct?

I think they are just cosmetics, though I would not be surprised if they are helpful. 

Decided to do some digging online and found the following info:

- job set: two new jobs are added

- management set mode: two new employees to manage

- Crafting set: not exactly sure but it seems that you get additional crafting materials?

- Karaoke set: more karaoke songs to sing... I hate this one the most because this shouldn't be locked behind a paywall.. not sure how many songs are included 

The rest are cosmetics and don't care about. 

Edited by PooPooBlast

Just now, PooPooBlast said:

Decided to do some digging online and found the following info:

- job set: two new jobs are added

- management set mode: two new employees to manage

- Crafting set: not exactly sure but it seems that you get additional crafting materials?

- Karaoke set: more karaoke songs to sing... I hate this one the most because this shouldn't be locked behind a paywall.. not sure how many either

The rest are cosmetics and don't care about. 

The karaoke set thing is really dumb and I think the edition for that is like $90

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

The karaoke set thing is really dumb and I think the edition for that is like $90

Yep

Another piece of info I found:

That $90 edition is digital only which means that's the only way you can get all of the DLCs in one package as of this comment.

RIP people who like to purchase physical copies of the game..

Here's a complete overview of the DLC packs and what they actually contain:

The Yakuza: Like a Dragon Karaoke Set includes all the karaoke packages and adds the new karaoke songs to the jukebox at Survive Bar.

New Karaoke Hits adds full Japanese and short English versions of the following songs:

Hell Stew (Ichiban)

The Future I Dreamed Of (Ichiban)

Spring Breeze (Saeko)

Machine Gun Kiss (Adachi)

Hell Stew (Zhao)

Classic Kiryu adds the following classic Kiryu karaoke songs (full versions):

Today is a Diamond (Yakuza 6: The Song of Life)

Hands (Yakuza 6)

TONIGHT -restart from this night-

Judgement (Yakuza 0)

Machine Gun Kiss (Yakuza 4)

Bakamitai (Yakuza 5)

Classic Majima adds the following classic Majima karaoke songs (full versions):

24 Hour Cinderella (Yakuza 0)

Pride From Despair (Yakuza Kiwami 2)

As Long as You're Happy (Yakuza Kiwami 2)

Samurai Ondo (Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin!)

Majima Construction Theme (Yakuza Kiwami 2)

GET TO THE TOP! (Yakuza: Dead Souls)

Karaoke Classics adds the following classic karaoke songs (full versions):

Shine X3 (Yuki)

Ring (Yuki)

Rain Drops (Hana)

Asura Komachi (Ishin / "Hana")

Kokyo ni Nishiki wo Kazarubeshi (Ishin/ "Saejima")

Bakamitai (Saejima)

The Yakuza: Like a Dragon Ultimate Costume Set includes the Iconic Characters Pack, the Onomichio Costume Set, the Bleach Japan Costume Set, and the Double Heroine Costume Set.

Iconic Characters Pack:

Kiryu (Ichiban)

Akiyama (Joon-gi Han)

Majima (Nanba)

Date (Adachi)

Saejima (Zhao)

Onomichio Costume Set:
Adds the Onomichio costume, usable by all party members. Oh No! It's Ono Michio!

Bleach Japan Costume Set:
Adds the Bleach Japan costume, usable by all party members. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Double Heroine Costume Set:
Adds two Yokohama-themed costumes for Saeko and Eri.

The Yakuza: Like a Dragon Management Mode Set includes three sets of Management Mode Employees.

The Legendary Employees set adds Kazuma Kiryu, Goro Majima, Taiga Saejima, Daigo Dojima, and Masaru Watase to the Management Mode roster.

The Reliable Employees set adds Makoto Date, Seong-hui, Nick Ogata, and Hamako to the Management Mode roster.

The Hostess Employees set adds Yuki and Koyuki to the Management Mode roster.

The Yakuza: Like a Dragon Job Set includes the Devil Rocker and Matriarch jobs. Devil Rocker is a playable job for Ichiban, Adachi, Nanba, Joon-Gi, and Zhao. Matriarch is a playable job for Saeko and Eri. Rock out, bash some skulls with an electric guitar as a Devil Rocker, or take on enemies with a naginata and other heavy weaponry as an intimidating Matriarch.

The Crafting Set just contains some additional items for crafting, and the Stat Boost Set should be self-explanatory.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Here's a complete overview of the DLC packs and what they actually contain:

Thank you!

Well damn.. I'm pretty bummed about karaoke. 

Will probably refrain from pre-ordering or buying at launch and see how this whole things plays out. Thanks Sega for creating a pre-order chart that resembles something EA will pull..

• Like 2