Yakuza: Like a Dragon announced - Launches November 10 for PS4 & March 2, 2021 for PS5

Suminya

Mmmm, we'll see hwo this goes for, well Everything i guess.

I don't really like that they Call this Yakuza 7.

Yakuza story was Kazuma's story, ended with the 6 and Last game ad that should be it. 

They could have called this with Another Title like it was judgment, What has this of Yakuza? The Location looks different, the Gameplay would be ABSOLUTELY different (I mean i LOVE Turn based games and nowadays they are super rare but yakzua as never been that kind of Series, it's strange....), the Characters are different, the only thing i recall is the Tojo Clan, no? I only played a bit of 0 and 3 so maybe i'm wrong. The Yakuza theme base i suppose but i doubt that's the point.

It looks to me that Calling it Yakuza 7 is to sell based on the name the series have reached. Kinda like FF: 

At least they didn't bring out Something else about Kazuma and his story actually ended, thanks God that nowadays there is always need to resume old finished stories....

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 2

It's only called Yakuza 7 in Asia. In the West it's going to be "Yakuza: Like a Dragon."

It's not a good title and creates yet another series where the numbering of games is going to be different between regions... but at least it shows the break between the Kiryu games and this one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isilith said:

Honestly, I'm glad to see Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is unafraid to take creative risks and try new things. After all, after seven Kiryu games plus Judgement and the Fist of the North Star spin-off, the series formula was at risk of growing stale. Shin Yakuza/Yakuza 7/Yakuza: Like a Dragon was always going to have to shake things up, and it seems the team is not taking half-measures. Good!

Colour me excited for this one. RGG Studio has earned my trust.

My hopes are if they expand on Judgment like it sounds they plan to, that they make the tailing and chases either more exciting and less repetitive, or much less of them. Felt like they were the same thing over and over again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Mmmm, we'll see hwo this goes for, well Everything i guess.

I don't really like that they Call this Yakuza 7.

Yakuza story was Kazuma's story, ended with the 6 and Last game ad that should be it. 

They could have called this with Another Title like it was judgment, What has this of Yakuza? The Location looks different, the Gameplay would be ABSOLUTELY different (I mean i LOVE Turn based games and nowadays they are super rare but yakzua as never been that kind of Series, it's strange....), the Characters are different, the only thing i recall is the Tojo Clan, no? I only played a bit of 0 and 3 so maybe i'm wrong. The Yakuza theme base i suppose but i doubt that's the point.

It looks to me that Calling it Yakuza 7 is to sell based on the name the series have reached. Kinda like FF: 

At least they didn't bring out Something else about Kazuma and his story actually ended, thanks God that nowadays there is always need to resume old finished stories....

I agree with the first part.

I am not so sure about th second part. The end of kiryu ( not the ending of Y6 itself) was extremely unsatisfying , atleast for me.

Spoiler

I mean he cut all ties and then he leaves, basically an open ending and i dont like that. I want to know what happens with kiryu (where will he go?, what will he do?). I wish they would make some kind of side campaign ( like the one in Kiwami 2 with majima) in Y7 and give him a proper closure. He is living in the US/ a japanese city with kaoru ( or the girl from Y5) and works as a taxidriver ( alternatives: real estate or some kind of club manager ?) or something like this.

Edited by GoDBoss173

3 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

I agree with the first part.

I am not so sure about th second part. The end of kiryu ( not the ending of Y6 itself) was extremely unsatisfying, atleast for me. I mean he cut all ties and then he leaves, basically an open ending and i dont like that. I want to know what happens with kiryu (where will he go?, what will he do?). I wish they would make some kind of side campaign ( like the one in Kiwami 2 with majima) in Y7 and give him a proper closure. He is living in the US/ a japanese city with kaoru ( or the girl from Y5) and works as a taxidriver ( alternatives: real estate or some kind of club manager 1f602.png) or something like this.

Put this on spoiler, i stopped after The End of Kyriu. Me and other people weriting heer still have to finish it.
So i won't reply to this since i can't, but please put a "End of Yakuza 6 Story" spoiler about that part.

Edited by Sora9427

4 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Put this on spoiler, i stopped after The End of Kyriu. Me and other people weriting heer still have to finish it.
So i won't reply to this since i can't, but please put a "End of Yakuza 6 Story" spoiler about that part.

Sorry I completely ignored that possibility, my bad.

• Like 1