X-Cyberpunk

X-Cyberpunk's Dispute

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I have no opinion on whether this game was cheated, but I don't agree with this statement. Look at the name in the corner of the screenshots, then look at the OP's PSN name history.

That's not what @Nitro meant, I presume - long thought short:
Give me an access to your account, I can make screenshots with your PSN name. Got my point?

Edited by Smashero

Posted (edited)

I have no opinion on whether this game was cheated, but I don't agree with this statement. Look at the name in the corner of the screenshots, then look at the OP's PSN name history.

Was referring to the gif posted. Forgot about the initial screenshot imgur link.

Edited by Nitro

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

That's not what @Nitro meant, I presume - long thought short:
Give me an access to your account, I can make screenshots with your PSN name. Got my point?

Yeah...you can discredit ANY screenshot with that line of thinking though, which would make it impossible for anybody (including people with legit disputes) to present photos in their defense. Entering conspiracy theory territory.

And I'm not saying I think the OP is innocent; I have no opinion on that. You can't just automatically dismiss all screenshots is all I'm saying.

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

That could be anyone's screenshots. That doesn't prove anything. Moreover, your story about the trophies auto popping doesn't add up.

Edit: sorry, it DOES add up if you used a save file.

Well, he has the trophy icon on the images.

Yeah...you can discredit ANY screenshot with that line of thinking though, which would make it impossible for anybody (including people with legit disputes) to present photos in their defense. Entering conspiracy theory territory.

And I'm not saying I think the OP is innocent; I have no opinion on that. You can't just automatically dismiss all screenshots is all I'm saying.

People do crazy things to get flags lifted.

45 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Well, he has the trophy icon on the images.

People do crazy things to get flags lifted.

Well anyway, shouldn't this be sticking as it is impossible to get this game done in 30 seconds?

Yes I agree with

28 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

I agree. If a hacker pops trophies for you (if you wanted it or not) you get flagged. If Sony’s server has a problem that somehow causes your trophies to pop again and for some reason overwrites your original timestamps (highly unlikely imo) the flag should be upheld as the end result is an impossible time.

Hopefully other team accounts can take this as a lesson that these sorts of issues can arise when you play offline with more that one system at once or manipulate/share saves between systems (or whatever actually happened here). 

Yes.  The story about time stamps being over written is false, if anything - they would be the old ones, not the new ones.

I am sure that this is a cloud save popping all those trophies in 30 seconds

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

I agree. If a hacker pops trophies for you (if you wanted it or not) you get flagged. If Sony’s server has a problem that somehow causes your trophies to pop again and for some reason overwrites your original timestamps (highly unlikely imo) the flag should be upheld as the end result is an impossible time.

It may be highly unlikely, but if this is indeed possible then the flag should be removed. Just like the people who were affected by the PS4 bug that caused trophies of a different game to pop were not punished for that in the end. Flags for that are lifted to this day.

I have never heard of this kinda thing happening before, so like I said, we do need some extraordinary evidence to support this particular claim. If none can be found, best hide the game and move on until more cases of this happening start popping up.

But at any rate, I think we can do without all the gloating here by people high on the leaderboard who would never bother getting into a dispute by some 200.000th placed profile. It's really not needed anymore, we already know it's toxic at the top ;)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

VlHybPL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here is the Skype chat between me and the OP. Chat took place 36h ago. He stated that he had issue with syncing and the trophies he had earned on multiple games just disappeared because of unknown bug. 

That could be a very rare bug, in which the old trophies don't even be registered and erased by the console. 

His screenshots from earlier post showed that he had done the game on a legit way. IMO as long as ppl can prove that they did the game legit, the flag should be lifted. 

Posted (edited)

I don't believe the story tbh. Theres no way the older timestamps get oversynced on the PS4. This is only possible with modded trophies. With 30 seconds are impossible timestamps, and should be flagged. I mean if he has 2 flags than hide it and move on and nothing to worry about, and lesson learned. If you can proof it again and show it in a video of oversyncing older timestamps, i mean flag should be lifted than.

But if this is a ''Rare'' glitch on PSN, than it's better if the flag should stick. Other people also getting flagged for stuff like this, and people cheating easy trophies these days as well. If you are high in the leaderboards that doesn't mean you get a ''Special treatment''. Everyone must be treated the same. Whenever you are a trophy hunter with 2 plats or 1500 plats.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

37 minutes ago, ferryjan said:

VlHybPL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Here is the Skype chat between me and the OP. Chat took place 36h ago. He stated that he had issue with syncing and the trophies he had earned on multiple games just disappeared because of unknown bug. 

That could be a very rare bug, in which the old trophies don't even be registered and erased by the console. 

His screenshots from earlier post showed that he had done the game on a legit way. IMO as long as ppl can prove that they did the game legit, the flag should be lifted. 

He’s talking about irony curtain in those messages. This dispute is about warlocks tower. Even if the trophies won’t sync they shouldn’t be lost and should still be on the hard drive with their original timestamps (like when a trophy list isn’t on the server yet) as they are saved locally. The only way to “lose” trophies would be to delete the profile from the system before syncing with the server. 

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

It may be highly unlikely, but if this is indeed possible then the flag should be removed. Just like the people who were affected by the PS4 bug that caused trophies of a different game to pop were not punished for that in the end. Flags for that are lifted to this day.

I have never heard of this kinda thing happening before, so like I said, we do need some extraordinary evidence to support this particular claim. If none can be found, best hide the game and move on until more cases of this happening start popping up.

But at any rate, I think we can do without all the gloating here by people high on the leaderboard who would never bother getting into a dispute by some 200.000th placed profile. It's really not needed anymore, we already know it's toxic at the top ;)

I agree that if it is possible then it should be lifted but the evidence is weak at best. Of course a high levels player’s dispute will attract other high level players. Personally I look at a lot of disputes as I find the excuses people

make when they get caught hilarious, as is the case here!

6 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

To everyone saying that the provided evidence is "weak" or "unconvincing" or could "easily be faked", may I please remind you that you cannot copy images to a PS4 game's images folder? There's literally no way to do that, much less do it so that it gets the trophy icon in the bottom-left corner when browsing through the list of images, as in the video he provided.

If a single person can explain to me how it's possible to get 44 trophy images into the "Warlock's Tower" folder on a single PS4, then I can believe that the OP here cheated. But he couldn't have copied them from another PS4. He couldn't have used someone else's screenshots. Again -- there's no feature on the PS4 that lets you plop other images into a game's image folder. The only way to get an image to show up there is to earn a trophy or take a screenshot in-game (which of course does not give the trophy icon at the bottom-left corner of that image when browsing).

So as-is, there are two options that I see:

- The trophy file for this game got corrupted and thus wouldn't sync. When he re-booted the game, it saw that the trophy file was corrupted and thus created a new, blank trophy file. This is exactly what happens when a save file gets corrupted, by the way. The trophies then auto-popped since this particular game does that when loading a completed game save file. OR...

- He cheated and then Photoshopped numerous images *and* also managed to create a faked *video* of the contents of his PS4.

The first option currently seems far more likely in my opinion. And frankly, if you believe that people are faking *videos* before you believe that files can be corrupted, I have to ask why we have a dispute forum in the first place?

You're forgetting the third option there, someone else did his game, left it 1 off plat, they moved the save file over to him and he popped the trophies. Without it being synced, it pops all trophies in 30 seconds. Its happened with team accounts in the past.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You're forgetting the third option there, someone else did his game, left it 1 off plat, they moved the save file over to him and he popped the trophies. Without it being synced, it pops all trophies in 30 seconds. Its happened with team accounts in the past.

Did you even read my post? That doesn't give him 44 trophy screenshots. That gives him 22 trophy screenshots. Please actually look at the evidence he provided. What you just described falls under the second option I provided, where all of the evidence he provided must have also been faked.

Edited by NathanielJohn

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

Did you even read my post? That doesn't give him 44 trophy screenshots. That gives him 22 trophy screenshots. Please actually look at the evidence he provided.

Uh, why would he have 44 screenshots on his own console if someone else did the game on THEIR console?

Just now, Nitro said:

Uh, why would he have 44 screenshots on his own console if someone else did the game on THEIR console?

...because the evidence he provided shows him having 44 screenshots. That's the point.

What is hell is happening in this thread? JUST LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE HE PROVIDED BEFORE HAVING AN OPINION

to be clear, the warlock game only start autopop already achieved trophy by select "play" in main menu. as the guide said, if that glitch trophy didnt pop reload the game. if you notice all the timestamp, its all over out of the place which is normal like borderlands game.

look at the screenshots, original platted at night, after that sync to psn server, unfortunately that hour psn was unstable/outage for me. so i went to sleep. then woke up and tried again and sync loading works but no new trophies updated. and i can't explain to why there's zero percent trophies. then turn on that game and the rest history.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

To everyone saying that the provided evidence is "weak" or "unconvincing" or could "easily be faked", may I please remind you that you cannot copy images to a PS4 game's images folder? There's literally no way to do that, much less do it so that it gets the trophy icon in the bottom-left corner when browsing through the list of images, as in the video he provided.

If a single person can explain to me how it's possible to get 44 trophy images into the "Warlock's Tower" folder on a single PS4, then I can believe that the OP here cheated. But he couldn't have copied them from another PS4. He couldn't have used someone else's screenshots. Again -- there's no feature on the PS4 that lets you plop other images into a game's image folder. The only way to get an image to show up there is to earn a trophy or take a screenshot in-game (which of course does not give the trophy icon at the bottom-left corner of that image when browsing).

So as-is, there are two options that I see:

- The trophy file for this game got corrupted and thus wouldn't sync. When he re-booted the game, it saw that the trophy file was corrupted and thus created a new, blank trophy file. The trophies then auto-popped since this particular game does that when loading a completed game save file. OR...

- He cheated and then Photoshopped numerous images *and* also managed to create a faked *video* of the contents of his PS4.

The first option currently seems far more likely in my opinion. And frankly, if you believe that people are faking *videos* before you believe that files can be corrupted, I have to ask why we have a dispute forum in the first place?

Images captured using the share button go in the same folder as the trophy image ones while playing that game, and you can screenshot trophy pops and have them appear the same. Not saying that's what went on, but you could duplicate trophy screenshots in that manner (though they wouldn't show the tag "taken when you earned a trophy).  So actual number of screenshots in said folder doesn't actually mean anything. I get what you were meaning, in that you can't duplicate the actual trophy screencaps (outside of doing a full system backup or likely with CFW). 

Following flag rules this should stick and be hidden, but something like this is why staff should be able to just remove times from 100% club and not actually flag them as I think this was likely some sort of fluke. 

Edited by Gage

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

...because the evidence he provided shows him having 44 screenshots. That's the point.

What is hell is happening in this thread? JUST LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE HE PROVIDED BEFORE HAVING AN OPINION

If you play one game with multiple accounts one console, all screenshots for this game will be saved under the same folder. Could this be a valuable reason for having 44 screenshots of this game?

I don't want to say that he has cheated or not though. I just want to know of this would be an option.

Edit: Ignore this. I just realized that the Capture Gallery shows screenshots of the current user only.

Edited by AvengedEvil

Posted (edited)

Let's just be clear about one thing, people seem to be under the impression that what the disputer is explaining is against the leaderboard. That the disputer accidentally got trophies too fast and this is impossible timestamps etc and therefore against the rules. Sure, it is too fast. Impossibly so too. However, if this is a one-time glitch, which the images seems to me to show, it would be lifted.

What I do wonder about is if any PS4 CFW allow you to transfer pictures over to the image folders for trophies and mark them as trophy earning images. Do notice the difference between screenshots taken in that game, and trophy screenshots. They got an extra icon on 'em.

Edited by MMDE

If anyone knows, please PM me some evidence.

11 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

If a single person can explain to me how it's possible to get 44 trophy images into the "Warlock's Tower" folder on a single PS4, then I can believe that the OP here cheated.

Pretty sure you could double up on trophy screenshots by using backup and restore, which copies over images but not trophy data. I don't think that's what happened here though, especially given the timestamps on the pictures.

Posted (edited)

time stamps can't write over unless the date is older the the new stamps, as for save related reasoning. Really depends on games so can't give input on this as I've not played it, though if game allows it only way I can think of to get quick or mess up orders legit is if save was backed up and profile was lost or game was continued on another system and trophy on old user / system where never synced. but in saying that if those where still there syncing would fix most if not all broken stamps.

didn't read it properly so apologies if I miss read the situation.

As for the blank icons try look at each trophy one by one, I use to get syncing issue when I had bad internet and had to do that or the times didn't sync properly, well more so I'd see blank trophies when I had them all. But by doing that I could see them all

Edited by Pozri