The Fook is This

5 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Does anyone know why they took it down from the psn store? ?

9 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Idk, the drop said it should have been out yesterday, didn't see it on the store

No specific reason for the delay yet, but their Twitter feed states that it's now Autumn release for console.

On 2019-08-30 at 6:10 PM, anotherfangirl said:

Does anyone know why they took it down from the psn store? ?

No idea, thats really weird. I bought it the second they released it and its no problem to play it, played it an hour ago.  But I dont see it in the store anymore either. 

Tweeted Fantasy Flight Interactive and asked them why it got removed.

"Hi, we apologize for this delay and about the removal of the PlayStation 4. New consoles release is plan for Autumn 2019, Stay tuned!"

I got it the second it released and have been playing. It works great even if its difficult. But that could just be me not being used to card games :)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

The game is out.... again... :)

Might be a silly question, but how do you get cards in this game? I assume there are packs you can spend real money on, but are the cards you get from winning or whatever pretty usable?

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Might be a silly question, but how do you get cards in this game? I assume there are packs you can spend real money on, but are the cards you get from winning or whatever pretty usable?

Not a silly question at all :) 

No real money purchase options in this game yet. You get points by completing missions, with those points you can unlock cards and build your decks. And I havent played alot yet and still got alot of points to unlock cards I wanted.

There are a button in the menu named expansions, but there are nothing there yet. Maybe they will release extra content later for money and they might contain new cards.

• Like 1

How does it play? It seems to me to be Hearthstone. I got the Plat for Thronbreaker but did not enjoy it. I did not like that you couldn't attack in the game. Only certain cards could and not all the time. I felt the restrictions ruined the gameplay. The story and decision making made-up for it, plus the fact you could skip most card battles. So if the LotR CG plays similar to Throne I won't be getting it because is not really a true card game in my opinion.

• 10 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 4:58 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

How does it play? It seems to me to be Hearthstone. I got the Plat for Thronbreaker but did not enjoy it. I did not like that you couldn't attack in the game. Only certain cards could and not all the time. I felt the restrictions ruined the gameplay. The story and decision making made-up for it, plus the fact you could skip most card battles. So if the LotR CG plays similar to Throne I won't be getting it because is not really a true card game in my opinion.

I'd recommend checking out the Antihero Studios Youtube Channel, they're the new developers handling the game. The gameplay streams they do show off the game from a newcomer perspective, might help you decide on if you want to pick it up.

• 2 months later...

As a TCG fan without I recently bought this since it is on sale right now. It looked promising when I started but unfortunately I experience lots of bugs which makes this basically unplayable.

I am still within the tutorial campagne and right now it happened the third time to me that I can't continue a match, because a card is not resolving and stuck in the middle of the screen. The game won't let me me do anything at that point Well, I can view my cards and open the menu but by no means continue the match I am in.

I found threads on Steam forum from july 2019 in which people complain about the exact same issue, so I guess there's no reason to hope that this will be abdressed. I am kind of mad. :(

11 minutes ago, Danbu1988 said:

As a TCG fan without I recently bought this since it is on sale right now. It looked promising when I started but unfortunately I experience lots of bugs which makes this basically unplayable.

I am still within the tutorial campagne and right now it happened the third time to me that I can't continue a match, because a card is not resolving and stuck in the middle of the screen. The game won't let me me do anything at that point Well, I can view my cards and open the menu but by no means continue the match I am in.

I found threads on Steam forum from july 2019 in which people complain about the exact same issue, so I guess there's no reason to hope that this will be abdressed. I am kind of mad. :(

I haven't had any such issues and supposedly there is a major patch in the works, so don't despair yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

I haven't had any such issues and supposedly there is a major patch in the works, so don't despair yet.

Hm. it happened to me every time (except once) when I tried to play the 'Spear Wall' card, so I am trying to avoid this one and hope that'll help.

Knowing that the game is still being worked on is good news though. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Danbu1988 said:

I believe there are some tutorial elements that force you to do something specific to progress. Are there any other issues in particular that you've had? You said lots of bugs.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, RNumbers said:

It's currently in the approval state from each platform. It seems like it's approved for every platform except Microsoft (Xbox and Windows Store) as they're the only platform that hasn't done anything with the game since it left Game Pass. The update can't be rolled out until it's approved by that platform, as they wish to roll it out all together to restore cross-platform co-op across all platforms.

• Like 1

On 5.12.2020 at 2:00 PM, Twiton said:

I believe there are some tutorial elements that force you to do something specific to progress. Are there any other issues in particular that you've had? You said lots of bugs.

It's currently in the approval state from each platform. It seems like it's approved for every platform except Microsoft (Xbox and Windows Store) as they're the only platform that hasn't done anything with the game since it left Game Pass. The update can't be rolled out until it's approved by that platform, as they wish to roll it out all together to restore cross-platform co-op across all platforms.

I see, thanks for the info

Well, 'lots' of bugs' might have been a bit exaggerated. It's more like I had the same bug happen to me multiple times within a short period of time. I am pretty sure that that one had nothing to do with not doing what the tutorial wanted from me, since I had that happening in non-tutorial missions as well by now.

Actually avoiding that one specific card I mentioned quite helped and the issue occured way less since I did that.

I still had some moments where an action wouldn't resolve and the game wouldn't continue but they are rare. Also it helps that after the tutorial the game saves at certain points, so if I get stuck I don't have to replay the complete mission in which I am in at that point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danbu1988 said:

I see, thanks for the info

Well, 'lots' of bugs' might have been a bit exaggerated. It's more like I had the same bug happen to me multiple times within a short period of time. I am pretty sure that that one had nothing to do with not doing what the tutorial wanted from me, since I had that happening in non-tutorial missions as well by now.

Actually avoiding that one specific card I mentioned quite helped and the issue occured way less since I did that.

I still had some moments where an action wouldn't resolve and the game wouldn't continue but they are rare. Also it helps that after the tutorial the game saves at certain points, so if I get stuck I don't have to replay the complete mission in which I am in at that point.

Yeah, the Online Only aspect is to blame for that until the 1.5 update rolls out (Offline Support) since it's using the online servers to process every player playing a quest.
It's just a matter now of waiting for whatever platform hasn't approved the update to approve it, then the update will roll out on all platforms.

Edited by Twiton

5 minutes ago, Twiton said:

Yeah, the Online Only aspect is to blame

Asmodee Digital is to blame. All their games are non-functioning licensed trash.

Edited by Helyx

16 hours ago, Helyx said:

Asmodee Digital is to blame. All their games are non-functioning licensed trash.

While I have my skepticisms about Asmodee Digital, I am at the very least glad they transferred the Development rights over to Antihero Studios. Especially as the current 1.5 build on Steam has resolved almost every single issue I had with the 1.4 version that's currently on PS4.
I'll grant you that AD hasn't been the best at even marketing the new revival, except maybe putting the game on sale a few times, and that I have a feeling the early model was heavily publisher decided (Tying major cosmetics and future cosmetics to owning "Founder Packs" that also had a code with the physical limited edition tabletop set, which AHS has been able to rectify in short amounts by allowing all post-launch founder Alt Arts and Avatars to be purchased with 1.5) including the way it was presented to people in trailers.
My resentment that comes from that possibility though doesn't dissuade me from my earlier point I made months ago. LOTR ACG has been revamped and entirely reworked to distance itself from that Asmodee Digital decided model. It's a far cry from what Asmodee was pushing at the time in trailers and screenshots. The changes that AHS have made, the actual effort that you can now see proven in 1.5, has shown their words were not just words. They're doing what they said they would do.
Heck, if you want to feel vindicated in regards to Asmodee Digital, it's the duty of Publishers to boost the priority of Console Update Process Approvals. It feels like AD should be stamping their boots that one platform seems to be holding the entire 1.5 update rolling out all in one. AHS have made a massive effort in 1.5 and it's still not approved by one(?) platform due to the Generational Shift in Consoles.
I've waffled a fair bit, but I want to say this clear and firm. AHS have been the ones to prove themselves here, they've made this "non-functioning licensed trash" into a game I fully support and recommend. It's night and day, the difference between 1.4 and 1.5. So please, I know you've talked at length in these threads about Asmodee Digital and their other products/failings, but you must realize that AD being so silent about LOTR ACG means AHS are the ones most involved with this game as it's going to be. When 1.5 rolls out on all platforms, you should try seeing the game as an Antihero Studios game and not an Asmodee Digital Published Product.