Capcom to announce new Resident Evil title ‘Project Resistance’

Are we positive it's a spin off? I didn't see anything official

Resistance could just be a codename. 

Jill, Chris, Rebecca, they're all part of the resistance against Umbrella in the early timeline.

And maybe RE stands for Resident Evil and Remake!

Res3 Remake cmn Capcom!

20 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Project-Resistance_08-29-19.jpg

Capcom has opened a teaser website for “Project Resistance,” a new Resident Evil project for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC it plans to announce on September 9 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET / September 10 at 00:00 JST. The announcement trailer will be available on the Resident Evil YouTube page (English, Japanese).

“Project Resistance” will be on display at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which runs from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Tokyo, where members of the development team will show off the world’s first look at the game in action. Stage events are planned for the following days:

• September 12 from 12:30 to 13:10 JST
  • September 13 from 12:00 to 12:40 JST
  • September 14 from 11:50 to 12:30 JST
  • September 15 from 15:30 to 16:30 JST
  Reveal hidden contents

Project-Resistance_08-29-19_YouTube-Thum

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/capcom-to-announce-new-resident-evil-title-project-resistance-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-on-september-9

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD!!!!!!

Image result for resident evil funny gif

• Like 1

I'm very interested in finding out more about this. Going off the screenshots, it doesn't appear to be remake/reimagining of RE3, but I'm sure that's going to happen eventually. As others have mentioned, it could be related to Outbreak. I'd be up for another one of those, especially given how the original didn't reach its full potential due to the PS2's limited online functionality and what not.

It seems Capcom has bought the domain ResidentEvilOutbreak.com

(There's nothing there yet)

I'd say that's a pretty sure sign now considering the leaks I've now seen.

I'm now personally guessing we won't see news about Re3Remake till 2020 early Q1

The original outbreak game was genius, I had a friend who played a session(? I don't know how it would be classified) and he got separated from everyone else, and sense you don't know what's going on with anyone else(or know if they're alive or dead) and there were multiple routes to take, when he got to the end everyone was in shock and they had a reunion lol

That's what I think made Outbreak really interesting. 

Though if you have like walkie talkies in game(voice chat likely), that scenario likely will never exist. But it would be cool.

Always loved that story of him just coming out of no where and everyones just thinking "we thought you were dead!"

Its so weird itd be 4 vs 1 though

Unless that 1 player can take control of any enemy to use. 

Or running around as a tyrant to kill the other 4 seems like a heart racing(or stopping) overkill.

I hope it's not that.

But from the fact that ResidentEvilOutbreak.com was just purchased this week by Capcom it's safe to say it'll be that.

How they will change it is what worries me

• 2 weeks later...

If this is attempting to ape L4D and have an actual campaign - awesome. If this is some shitty attempt ala Umbrella Corps to jump on a bandwagon to milk RE fans inbetween major releases then they can go suck it. Really, really hoping this isn't some shitty 4v1 DBD clone... they can't be that dumb... again...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

If this is attempting to ape L4D and have an actual campaign - awesome. If this is some shitty attempt ala Umbrella Corps to jump on a bandwagon to milk RE fans inbetween major releases then they can go suck it. Really, really hoping this isn't some shitty 4v1 DBD clone... they can't be that dumb... again...

I agree, I don’t really have a probably with an action oriented Resident Evil game, I actually enjoyed ORC and 6 for what it was. But if it’s a multiplayer centric Dead by Daylight clone it might be the first game I skip in the franchise if it doesn’t offer at least an offline mode.

Though the tweet does mention team based “survival horror” rather than saying something like “PvP”. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Some people have said it's a 4 vs 1 co-op game - meaning by the trailer just released today you might be able to control tyrants and other major enemies against other players. Not gonna lie, that could be interesting. 

However, as a whole, still a very uninteresting announcement. I hope they at least create some semblance of a storyline. 

I've been around since the original PS1 Resident Evil was released. While there have been a some titles that some weren't as good as the others along the way, they were still respectable entries in the franchise. 

I regretfully say that this series just needs to be ended after watching that horror.