Capcom to announce new Resident Evil title ‘Project Resistance’

My critique is about the general direction the series is going.

The original games were true survival horror games, and they put you in a spooky environment with limited resources, and included some puzzle solving elements. They were a bit more plot driven and had recurring characters. The newer ones seem to just be action games pitting you against freakish beasts without any connection to the original games, and don't feel like true Resident Evil games, or they're just plain awful gameplay-wise. 

Not counting the RE2 Remake (since that's a recreation / modernization of a masterpiece) everything since Resident Evil 4 was average at best, with the exception of RE7. While it was good, it didn't really feel like it was connected to Resident Evil mythos, and rather a random entry.

Edited by B1rvine

With the release of this game(that I'll hard pass on), it's clear they had 2 different teams making this one and RE2 Remake. 

Which means that the other team is working on RE3 Remake. (Capcom isn't gonna pass on good money, there will be a RE3 Remake)

So it doesn't bother me that they made this. The poor sales of this upcoming game(I'm foresighting) will only encourage them to continue to make games like RE2 Remake, which is imo a great thing for them to do.

I personally thought after (trying) playing 6 (twice I tried), that the franchise was good as dead. I had completely written Resident Evil off forever. Absolute disaster.

Then they kinda got the message and did revelations, and then we got RE2 Remake (which may ditch tank controls but keeps a lot of what made RE2 so amazing), which is exactly what we've wanted sense after 4 imo(not necessarily remakes but rather in gameplay, atmosphere, pacing, and such a perfect UI! So many games screw up UIs nowadays, and remake was perfect imo)

So I'm ignoring this game and going with the fact that they will learn again and remember "if it's not broken, dont fix it" and just give us RE3 Remake, hopefully code Veronica remake, and a RE8 that is very much like the gameplay of the remakes.

And they broke Resident Evil really really badly with 6(5 less so).

So at least I have comfort in the extremely likely fact we'll get RE3 Remake by the end of 2020 that's very much the same as RE2 Remake.

(Dammit I wrote another novel.... Sorry...

Tldr, Capcom will learn(through money) the majority that bought RE7, and RE2 Remake will not likely buy this game, and give us what we want instead in the future)

I have yet to play the beta of Resident Evil Project Resistance but i have been watching the live stream and the game looks quite fun honestly. Controls are the same as on RE 2 remake from what i have seen, each character has their own abilities and can acquire new ones by leveling up (how that works is yet to be seen). The game might some adjustments as the mastermind can spawn enemies right in front of you and one player can screw the whole game if they don't exit the area. This is a beta after all so i expect things to be adjusted before release. The OST is far better than the one found on RE 2 remake which is imo is the only flaw on the remake. Besides Daniel you can control another mastermind such as Annette Birkin and she can summon William instead of Mr. X. I suspect classic characters and other mastermind are gonna be a thing on this game.

67hlhnfvnmq31.jpg?width=938&auto=webp&s=

• Like 2

I'm having fun playing this beta, and I'm curious to see what the in-game points you obtain after every match will be for in the full game. There is also text in the game that makes it rather obvious that you can level up and/or unlock more abilities for the Survivors.

I'll be honest, my first thought playing this game was "This is a mess", but I've played the beta for well over 10 hours now and it's pretty fun, it feels like a mix of the RE5 / RE6 co-op with Raid Mode mechanics but with all of that thrown into the RE2 remake. It's rather unique, however it does feel a little broken at some points, not talking about balance here, but the game itself has some weird bugs. It is a beta anyway, hopefully those will be fixed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I’m curious does the beta include any campaign stuff? Most likely not. I just hope it’s not like Umbrella Corps where it’s a cop out. Single missions that show one slide show of story and just an elongated tutorial.

There's no SP campaign in this beta, just the Survivors vs Mastermind game mode: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Resistance_closed_beta

I'm curious to see what they do with this campaign, I mean, they do have all the assets from the RE2 remake and they are definitely not afraid of using it since this whole game (to me) looks like a RE2 DLC/expansion.