Ao_Iconoclast

The save system in this game is such BS.

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I completed the game once about 3 years ago. In my playthrough Jessica died because I failed one QTE prompt with Mike.

Fast Forward to today, I attempt another playthrough. This time having everyone survive and collecting the missing collectables.

Last chapter, I forget to pick up Hannah's Diary in the mines and because of that Josh died and the game saved. I thought to myself, "Ok, I messed up, let's reload the chapter". When I reloaded the chapter, it reloaded the progress of my first playthrough (with Jessica dead since lile chapter 2-3). I was mad at first but since it didn't autosave right away, I was able to resume my current run by quitting to the menu and booting up the game again. 

Now I thought that, if I finished my run, since there was no way for me to go back, that the game would save this progress as the newer one and that I could restart at the last chapter and undo my mistake. But nope... the game only saves your very first playthrough...

I am so pissed off right now. I'll wait a week or two before going at it... again.

Edited by Ao_Iconoclast

This is the only reason the plat is as rare as it is lol what were they thinking? The only way to go about it was creating backup saves just in case and having done a no death all collectible run for your first playthrough.

It’s been quite awhile since I played but don’t remember any save issues. I played first run blind and finished up other runs with a guide.  Worked easily without any issues so try that if you want to make it simple.

On 17/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, djb5f said:

It’s been quite awhile since I played but don’t remember any save issues. I played first run blind and finished up other runs with a guide.  Worked easily without any issues so try that if you want to make it simple.

Following a guide isn't the issue, I did follow one. I simply skipped a line by mistake. The issue is that game basically has 2 save file states; 1 being your original run (anytime you would select a chapter it would load your decisions from your 1st playthrough no matter how many playthroughs you did) and 2 your current run by selecting play/continue. But since the game saves very often, if you were to make 1 tiny mistake like I did, there's a chance you couldn't undo it.