Hurricane Coming, Probs gonna lose power, How do I protect my trophy streak?

Vindibudd

When hurricanes hit my area in Florida, I typically lose power for days. I know I can get a Vita and connect that to my cell phone wifi, but anyone know of other options besides that for bagging trophies when not on a PS4 or PS3? Now back to hurricane prep.

I don't think you have to be online for a streak. You can get a trophy a day offline and once you can get back online, they will sync the trophies with the dates you got them.

Unfortunately, without power, Vita seems to be your only option. Having a simple game, where you can get a trophy daily without having to play much time-wise, is the best option to last for days.
But since I don't see any Vita games on your profile... A power generator and some easy point and clicks for PS4 may be also a possibility

Really, as long as you can play your consoles, even offline, you are fine with your streak, as long as the date is correct on your system.

And according to your trophy log, your streak doesn't seem to be that long anyway. So, personally, I don't think, a loss of the streak is that tragic.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 2

I agree with @Lagoon Aris. In reality though I would not be worried about a trophy streak with a hurricane coming. The last time I got affected by a hurricane I had to evacuate. I had my 2 PS3's up high enough and was hoping when I got back to my apartment that they would still be safe and they were. I was away from my PS3's for 3 days I think it was. 

Your safety is most important in this situation. 

• Like 4

You have a generator back-up...

Course that's not the main reason why I had one installed at the house...but it's nice to be enjoying civilized life when the rest of the county is sitting in the dark...

Image result for easy peasy meme

however, you can get a d/c to a/c converter (look in truck stops) with enough power to run a small tv and the playstation and use the car battery to power up the system long enough to earn a trophy...then you just sync after everything comes back up.

Image result for easy peasy meme

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I agree with @Lagoon Aris. In reality though I would not be worried about a trophy streak with a hurricane coming. The last time I got affected by a hurricane I had to evacuate. I had my 2 PS3's up high enough and was hoping when I got back to my apartment that they would still be safe and they were. I was away from my PS3's for 3 days I think it was. 

Your safety is most important in this situation. 

LOL I'm plenty worried about the hurricane but I'm not posting threads about plywood boards and water shortages on a game forum. My situation looks just about as solid as it can be from a safety standpoint. Power on the other hand is another issue.

1 hour ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I don't think you have to be online for a streak. You can get a trophy a day offline and once you can get back online, they will sync the trophies with the dates you got them.

Unfortunately, without power, Vita seems to be your only option. Having a simple game, where you can get a trophy daily without having to play much time-wise, is the best option to last for days.
But since I don't see any Vita games on your profile... A power generator and some easy point and clicks for PS4 may be also a possibility

Really, as long as you can play your consoles, even offline, you are fine with your streak, as long as the date is correct on your system.

And according to your trophy log, your streak doesn't seem to be that long anyway. So, personally, I don't think, a loss of the streak is that tragic.

I love that you took the time to research my profile to provide an informed answer, lol, that's legendary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vindibudd said:

When hurricanes hit my area in Florida, I typically lose power for days. I know I can get a Vita and connect that to my cell phone wifi, but anyone know of other options besides that for bagging trophies when not on a PS4 or PS3? Now back to hurricane prep.

Well, if you have no power whatsoever, you'll have to play somewhere that does have power. I use the Vita for this purpose.

EDIT: I should probably read the whole thread. It looks like this was already covered.

Edited by starcrunch061