KHDelBoy

Game Spoilers.

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just finished my first blind run:

4 alive, one dead.

MAJOR SPOILERS & THOUGHTS.

Spoiler

It was rather easy to figure out what's happening. It isn't a ghost ship at all, just a bioweapon leaked into the ship causing severe hallucinations (both visual and sound.)

Alex got his throat cut by another "Alex" which I presumed is the head fisherman with the bad eye. I guess if I haven't told Alex to stop drowning the other "Alex," that wouldn't have happened. Maybe.

Anyway, based on my first playthrough... I would say that Until Dawn is the better game. Some scenes jump around a bit, doesn't feel smooth at all. For example Conard was climbing down, he's suddenly on the ground and then in a different room. Some of the tension has been shattered because of the way the game transition from one scene to other.

Also I found a gold framed painting.

Spoiler

It shows a vision for a completely different character. It's entitled "Little Hope."

And when the game ends. A trailer for the next game is revealed, coming 2020... It's called "Little Hope." Let's hope it's more supernatural.

Edited by KHDelBoy
Additional

Finished my first playthrough just now.

while I agree with the reviews that the story is easily figured out, I still feel that the budget price point and the relatively easy gameplay mechanics  are good factors for a positive experience. 

My first playthrough ended with 3 alive, 2 dead. Think hard about your choices: that’s all I’ll say. 

Just finished my first playthrough, too.

1 dead, 3 alive, 1...I'm not sure? I was so distraught when I messed up one QTE and lost a character. 😢

That glimpse at Little Hope was such a tease. I wonder how they're going to tie the anthology together. Will the curator be present for each installment?

These multiplayer trophies are going to be a pain, but I enjoyed my solo playthrough for what it's worth. I love these types of atmospheric interactive movies.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, bud-arc said:

Just finished my first playthrough, too.

1 dead, 3 alive, 1...I'm not sure? I was so distraught when I messed up one QTE and lost a character. 1f622.png

That glimpse at Little Hope was such a tease. I wonder how they're going to tie the anthology together. Will the curator be present for each installment?

These multiplayer trophies are going to be a pain, but I enjoyed my solo playthrough for what it's worth. I love these types of atmospheric interactive movies.

The Curator will be used as the narrator for the rest of the series. I would like the character to be fleshed out a bit more. I don't think he's as menacing and mysterious as Sizemore's narrator from Until Dawn.

I played through the movie mode myself with Curator's cut mode... I can get the collectibles that is "online only" so Curator's Cut will help you with the online only collectibles which can be collected via Single Player mode.

One warning is that curator's cut is very random. You may end up with characters dying or making bad decisions out of your control. So DO NOT attempt surviving/deaths related trophies. USE the curator's cut FOR collectibles.

So yeah... I basically got a different way towards the end.

Spoiler

I was controlling Fliss when jumping down the hole with Alex to investigate the gunshot. Alex leaped across the beams automatically, and I had to go round as Fliss. Alex saved the Cap for the engine from falling lift automatically.

Olson dies by himself, probably out of heart attack earlier on.

In my first playthrough I had to fight Olson with Conard and the cap distributor got destroyed in fake ballroom/gold storage area.

Julia dies from the bends. It was out of my hands as that character made the decision on her own, as I was controlling Fliss on the ship. Julia got warned by Alex not to drink alcohol but she did.

So yeah, Curator's cut is well not recommended for attempting survival/deaths trophies.

Edited by KHDelBoy

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

I played through the movie mode myself with Curator's cut mode... I can get the collectibles that is "online only" so Curator's Cut will help you with the online only collectibles which can be collected via Single Player mode.

One warning is that curator's cut is very random. You may end up with characters dying or making bad decisions out of your control. So DO NOT attempt surviving/deaths related trophies. USE the curator's cut FOR collectibles.

Thanks for the info about the Curator's Cut. I'm glad all collectibles are obtainable that way. Do you know if any of the relationship-specific trophies can also be unlocked during that playthrough?

I was so upset with myself about losing that one character last night that I decided to go back to that chapter and redo half the game and ended up getting the everyone survives trophy (which unlocks way at the end of the credits, right before the Little Hope teaser; I got scared for a minute that it might have glitched on me). Now that everyone's alive, I should be able to reload a specific chapter (the radio) and knock out the everyone dies trophy too. I haven't even started on collectibles yet, and I still need to do separate head/heart runs since my first playthrough was blind. I'll do a Movie Night with myself (I assume that also works with Curator's Cut?) and see what's left to clean up via chapter select before enlisting someone for Shared Story.

Also, I noticed one brave person managed to power through the glitched trophies and unlock the platinum. I guess it helps when you've had the game over a week to try things out. Hopefully some of the updates fixed those glitches for good (I still haven't looked into all the requirements yet).

Edited by bud-arc

4 hours ago, bud-arc said:

Thanks for the info about the Curator's Cut. I'm glad all collectibles are obtainable that way. Do you know if any of the relationship-specific trophies can also be unlocked during that playthrough?

I was so upset with myself about losing that one character last night that I decided to go back to that chapter and redo half the game and ended up getting the everyone survives trophy (which unlocks way at the end of the credits, right before the Little Hope teaser; I got scared for a minute that it might have glitched on me). Now that everyone's alive, I should be able to reload a specific chapter (the radio) and knock out the everyone dies trophy too. I haven't even started on collectibles yet, and I still need to do separate head/heart runs since my first playthrough was blind. I'll do a Movie Night with myself (I assume that also works with Curator's Cut?) and see what's left to clean up via chapter select before enlisting someone for Shared Story.

Also, I noticed one brave person managed to power through the glitched trophies and unlock the platinum. I guess it helps when you've had the game over a week to try things out. Hopefully some of the updates fixed those glitches for good (I still haven't looked into all the requirements yet).

Once you finish the game, Curator's Cut is available for all modes.

I wouldn't rely on Curator's Cut Movie Night for relationship related trophies, as it can be totally random.

For example, in Curator's Cut in Movie Night mode, Julia says no to marriage and that affect her and Alex's relationship massively. Also I did go outside for fresh air with Fliss, and she still went mad and see Brad differently which locks me out from obtaining two of the collectibles as I didn't get the chance to control Conard (for one painting) and I need Brad to be with Fliss to open one door for the last painting.

Frustrating as hell. One advice: Don't do the relationship max run with Heads/Hearts option run, as the right replies are most of the time for both.

Edited by KHDelBoy

I did a blind playthrough doing co-op with my bf last night.  Ended with all 5 alive! 

Spoiler

well, kind of cheated.  kept messing up the square smashing as conrad while fighting with olsen and getting crushed by the door, so I kept reloading.

Just finished an all heart choices run, and I didn't manage to get any more of the characters survived/died trophies you actually can kill all the characters during this run, 

Spoiler

just make sure to get the 2 collectibles that directly give you the name of the boat.

Edited by shawn-norris

12 hours ago, bud-arc said:

I just platinumed it myself and while the game ran extremely poorly during shared story mode, i didn't run into a single trophy glitch. Maybe because the day 1 updates fixed the trophy glitches