abhinandhan22

Potential glitches/misleading requirements?

16 posts in this topic

So my first blind playthrough was a co op session with a friend and I was the host but unlike what Powerpyx's guide suggested, we both got the gold trophy for completing a shared story session. Moreover, powerpyx stated that the collectibles need to only be found by one player. I am unsure if it's just my session which was glitched but this wasn't entirely the case. It seems like some collectibles follow this rule but others don't as our secrets didn't tally at the end. Incredibly frustrating trophies and requirements

Did you complete the shared story in one sitting?

Because I did quit out in between to back up my save, so that may be what messed it up for me. Also, the day-one patch dropped the other day and may have fixed the issue with only host getting the trophy. One of the two is probably it.

For collectibles, all the ones I picked up in co-op counted for both players (I played with 2 PS4s side by side), but I had already found most before on my main account so it is possible there's an exception to some collectible. The game is extremely messy with collectibles. The good news is you can get them quickly through solo chapter select if something didn't count. I can also confirm that some collectibles are definitely glitched. I found all secrets and pictures but didn't get the trophy for either one. Some collectibles, in particular secret #20, didn't register for me at all.

In this game it's hard to tell whether something is a bug or just a hidden "feature" to prevent spoilers.

I also had tons of issues in shared co-op and it was impossible to do one continuous run. The game kept freezing/black screen/corrupted save/textures missing etc. which severely impacted testing certain stuff, such as a continuous co-op run.

1 hour ago, PowerPyx said:

Did you complete the shared story in one sitting?

Because I did quit out in between to back up my save, so that may be what messed it up for me. Also, the day-one patch dropped the other day and may have fixed the issue with only host getting the trophy. One of the two is probably it.

For collectibles, all the ones I picked up in co-op counted for both players (I played with 2 PS4s side by side), but I had already found most before on my main account so it is possible there's an exception to some collectible. The game is extremely messy with collectibles. The good news is you can get them quickly through solo chapter select if something didn't count. I can also confirm that some collectibles are definitely glitched. I found all secrets and pictures but didn't get the trophy for either one. Some collectibles, in particular secret #20, didn't register for me at all.

In this game it's hard to tell whether something is a bug or just a hidden "feature" to prevent spoilers.

I also had tons of issues in shared co-op and it was impossible to do one continuous run. The game kept freezing/black screen/corrupted save/textures missing etc. which severely impacted testing certain stuff, such as a continuous co-op run.

We did beat it in one sitting but we had to exit out to main menu once or twice dur to connection issues. I faced all the issues you are mentioning on my second co op run but my first run was pretty smooth. So yeah i have a feeling it could either be that certain collectibles are glitched or it's purely luck based glitches. Might have to wait for patches before trying to attempt the other playthroughs. Anyways thanks a ton for the work you put into the game. Really helped me not completely lose my sanity on the second playthrough.

Do both people need the game? I checked Thursday night when I got it that Shared Game was going to create a room. Does it make its own Save, how exactly does this mode work? 

6 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Do both people need the game? I checked Thursday night when I got it that Shared Game was going to create a room. Does it make its own Save, how exactly does this mode work? 

Yes both people need the game as far as I know and it does make its own save. 

8 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Can also confirm both will get online trophy if you keep the game on.

This ‚Learning to work together‘-trophy?

8 hours ago, Benjiunkix said:

This ‚Learning to work together‘-trophy?

Yeah most trophies can be done in co-op ive played the game just twice and have 15 trophies the shared mode and keeping all alive will pop just don't close the app mid game.

There are a lot glitched trophies. I picked up my last black framed picture and didn’t get the related trophy, but instead the trophy for all pictures popped up. Is there any workaround to get the black framed pictures trophy afterwards?

Also I didn’t get the trophy for only heart decision even when I clearly paid attention to it and didn’t pick anything else. So at the current state a lot of the trophies seem to be bugged.

6 minutes ago, Schivorer said:

There are a lot glitched trophies. I picked up my last black framed picture and didn’t get the related trophy, but instead the trophy for all pictures popped up. Is there any workaround to get the black framed pictures trophy afterwards?

Also I didn’t get the trophy for only heart decision even when I clearly paid attention to it and didn’t pick anything else. So at the current state a lot of the trophies seem to be bugged.

Do you have a save file before u picked up the last black picture? U could try reverting save and picking it up. However I am not sure if it will work as one time I picked up a collectible that I didn't have but had to revert save cuz I fucked up some other requirement on some playthrough and when I copied my old save over, the collectibles menu had shown that I had picked up the collectible I was missing even though on that save I hadn't picked it up yet. Man it really sucks that trophies got glitched for you. This game is a pain to play over and over so I feel for you

11 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Do you have a save file before u picked up the last black picture? U could try reverting save and picking it up. However I am not sure if it will work as one time I picked up a collectible that I didn't have but had to revert save cuz I fucked up some other requirement on some playthrough and when I copied my old save over, the collectibles menu had shown that I had picked up the collectible I was missing even though on that save I hadn't picked it up yet. Man it really sucks that trophies got glitched for you. This game is a pain to play over and over so I feel for you

Luckily I have one a few chapters before but I have a feeling it won’t unlock after repeating. Guess I will delete everything and try to go for the black framed pictures and the heart/head decisions in two more playthroughs. But first I’ll try it with my save. Just I don’t understand at all why I got the trophy for all the pictures but not for the black one lol

Sounds like it's glitched.

If you can see all the frames in the collection, and still no trophy then you MAY be in bad luck. Load the endgame, select the chapter where you are "missing" the black one and try again. Before you go and get the frame, upload the game save to PS Plus in case.

Get the frame. If it still doesn't unlock, download the game save from PS Plus and try again once more. If it still doesn't then you may need to delete all the files (including options) so you have nothing to see in the collection and start the whole thing again!

I am pretty lucky when I got the last black frame, as the trophy for all black ones and ALL frames got unlocked. 

I'm pretty fed up with this game already. I've unlocked almost every solo trophies apart from Heart/Head decisions (oh yeah that's two full playthroughs! YAY!!!)

And then there's the online only trophies (Finish it online, max out Brad/Alex and Conard/Fliss relationships). I've set up a boosting session for Tuesday night, 10pm if anyone fancy getting that out of the way.

I'm thankful that the Curator's Cut enable me to collect all the missing collectibles!

Edited by KHDelBoy

42 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

If you can see all the frames in the collection, and still no trophy then you MAY be in bad luck. Load the endgame, select the chapter where you are "missing" the black one and try again. Before you go and get the frame, upload the game save to PS Plus in case.

Get the frame. If it still doesn't unlock, download the game save from PS Plus and try again once more. If it still doesn't then you may need to delete all the files (including options) so you have nothing to see in the collection and start the whole thing again!

I am pretty lucky when I got the last black frame, as the trophy for all black ones and ALL frames got unlocked. 

I'm pretty fed up with this game already. I've unlocked almost every solo trophies apart from Heart/Head decisions (oh yeah that's two full playthroughs! YAY!!!)

And then there's the online only trophies (Finish it online, max out Brad/Alex and Conard/Fliss relationships). I've set up a boosting session for Tuesday night, 10pm if anyone fancy getting that out of the way.

I'm thankful that the Curator's Cut enable me to collect all the missing collectibles!

I actually think for this game it's faster to get most trophies done in co op as the game is shorter in co op since some chapters are happening concurrently. I did 2 full playthroughs in co op and 2 solo playthroughs(hearts/heads) and just had to do a bunch of chapter replays to get one or two missing collectibles/some chapter specific trophies. 

Also I just wasted the hearts decision run after two hours.

It's soooooo difficult to see which one is the heart or brain when it's a very fast decision QTE. Bah.

7 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

Im up for the shared story playthrough since I am missing the same trophies as you. Maybe we can find an appointment, add me if you would like to do it :)

Oh sorry, I just did it earlier on as I set up a boosting session.

I collected the No 20 secret as the boosting partner needs it as it glitched on him. We had to wait until the game ends as you can't check the collectibles in a share play mode.

Turns out it doesn't work. I think I would have to go back and let him host it.

Can I do "all heads" run myself or does it have to be for both of us?