Joker: R-Rated origin story of Batman's nemesis.

RadiantFlamberge

Warner Bros. is launching their DC Black films label with Joker, which is about the origins of Batman's #1 enemy. Failed standup comic Arthur Fleck is publicly humiliated, then becomes one of Gotham City's most feared criminals. Fleck/Joker is played by Joaquin Phoenix. PG-13 again? No. Try an R for strong bloody violence, disturbing behavior, strong language, & brief sexual images. Its release date is 4 October.

Well, this looks interesting. What do you think?

• Like 2

The DC Black Label hasn't been launched yet. Todd Phillips, the director of this film just pitched the banner to DC saying that it could be for all the films independent of the DCEU. They want to see how Joker fairs before really considering it. 

As for the film itself, it looks like it'll be good, but I'm finding it kind of hard to care for because it's just another indication of DC being all over the place with its film universe. We don't even have an actor established for Batman or Superman in the main film universe, yet DC is focused on making a film like this that's just separate of everything without Batman even being present in the film. There's also that ridiculous Birds of Prey film coming out, which is absolutely unnecessary at this point in time. If all of this is just experimentation in preparation for a proper DC film universe then I'm all for it, but right now it just seems random.

By this point, AVGN is the only one who actually did a good Joker.

avgn-batman-o.gif

Frankly, the guys at DC has been scrambling to rush their Extended Universe, with their videos being all over the place. They would have been better off making several separate movies, then making a crossover movie as Marvel did. I really hope that Joker is at least decent, it would be at least interesting to see things from the perspective of the Joker. But the whole point of the Joker was that nobody actually knows where he comes from, adding to the insanity that makes up the existence that is Joker.

I'm really just looking forward to the memes of it since there's a lot of potential in it even if the movie itself isn't that great. An R rating at least means they won't be as restrained so surely something interesting will happen.

Spoiler

I hope it also ends with him saying "that word" or I'm gonna RIOT!

34 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

I don't know, but I just can't get into DC movies.

Shazam? Wonder Woman? Hell,I even found Aquaman, Man of Steel and Suicide Squad to be enjoyable. 

Don't you dare tell me they weren't entertaining when Marvel shoved the shite that is Thor 2, Iron Man 2 Iron Man 3 or any of the other by-the-numbers trite tentpole down your throat. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Shazam? Wonder Woman? Hell,I even found Aquaman, Man of Steel and Suicide Squad to be enjoyable. 

Don't you dare tell me they weren't entertaining when Marvel shoved the shite that is Thor 2, Iron Man 2 Iron Man 3 or any of the other by-the-numbers trite tentpole down your throat. 

Haven't Seen Shazam yet, but I haven't enjoyed the others. Well, I'm more a Marvel fanboy.

38 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Haven't Seen Shazam yet, but I haven't enjoyed the others. Well, I'm more a Marvel fanboy.

Shazam is excellent and I implore you to watch it. It turns several cape movie cliches on their heads and it's hilarious from beginning to end

26 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Good entry, but a bit too bloated for my taste. Jackie Earle Haley absolutely killed it though. 

Honestly, him being Rorschach was the only part of Watchmen I liked.

Image result for watchmen gif rorschach

Anyways, I'm glad to see the Joker getting good reviews. I might actually go into theaters and watch it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Im sorry but aquaman was absolute shit, by far the worst super hero movie ever with the exception of Ben Stillers Mystery Men by thats going off topic..

as soon as i saw Dolph Lundgren riding a shark with laser beams, i ejected the disc out of my bluray player and sent it back to netflix, not even joking

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

I suggest you all check out "Watchmen." Its easily the best DC movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(film)

And coming out the same month as Joker

8 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Im sorry but aquaman was absolute shit, by far the worst super hero movie ever with the exception of Ben Stillers Mystery Men by thats going off topic..

as soon as i saw Dolph Lundgren riding a shark with laser beams, i ejected the disc out of my bluray player and sent it back to netflix, not even joking

OK Mystery Men is great. 

Also Aquaman was so stupid it made it awesome again I would take the silliness of Aquaman over Disney's attempt at "humour" in most of their Marvel Films (minus Guardians of the Galaxy 1).

Also you think Aquaman is the worst Super Hero film?

Have you seen films like Howard the Duck, the Reb Brown Captain America films, Elektra, Steel, League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen etc.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

This is exactly what DC needed!

Dont try to imitate your competition, do it different!

Joaquin Phoenix is an awesome actor and Joker is a naturally dark and twisted villain, so it's perfect to be rated R!

Now I dont believe that they should make a movie rated R for just the sake of saying it's rated R. Back it up with substance.

The Boys from Amazon come to mind. Awesome show, and if DC goes that route they may just be able to salvage what they have!

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

And coming out the same month as Joker

OK Mystery Men is great. 

Also Aquaman was so stupid it made it awesome again I would take the silliness of Aquaman over Disney's attempt at "humour" in most of their Marvel Films (minus Guardians of the Galaxy 1).

Also you think Aquaman is the worst Super Hero film?

Have you seen films like Howard the Duck, the Reb Brown Captain America films, Elektra, Steel, League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen etc.

Howard the duck is an american 80s classic and one of George Lucas’s greatest, lmao, ive literally watched all of those you mentioned above from begining to end and some were better than others obviously but aquaman was an instant eject, seriously, i think we made it 20mins in before we said no thanks..i shit you not, me and my girl refused to watch anymore when we got to the point where you saw the other aquamen on sharks with laser beams for the first time, lol

plus aquaman is just a shitty excuse of a super hero anyways, he talks to fish! Lame

Nicole Kidman as aquamans mom, that alone just makes me chuckle, she must be completely broke now to accept that role! AtLeast she looked good in a body suit

I think suicide squad was the only decent movie that DC has there name on

but thats just one mans opinion

if you liked it, thats fine, its just not my cup of tea

1 minute ago, Property_Damage said:

Howard the duck is an american 80s classic and one of George Lucas’s greatest, lmao, ive literally watched all of those you mentioned above from begining to end and some were better than others obviously but aquaman was an instant eject, seriously, i think we made it 20mins in before we said no thanks..i shit you not, me and my girl refused to watch anymore when we got to the point where you saw the other aquamen on sharks with laser beams for the first time, lol

plus aquaman is just a shitty excuse of a super hero anyways, he talks to fish! Lame

Nicole Kidman as aquamans mom, that alone just makes me chuckle, she must be completely broke now to accept that role! AtLeast she looked good in a body suit

I think suicide squad was the only decent movie that DC has there name on

but thats just one mans opinion

if you liked it, thats fine, its just not my cup of tea

Nah, it has been too long since Dolph Lundgren has played a king...it was a part he was born to play :P

MV5BZWY5ZmQ3YzQtMDkwOS00YzgxLWIyN2MtYTI4

Anyways I find most new movies to be atrocious so when something like Aquaman comes along I can just sit back and laugh at how amazingly dumb it is. 

And if you have seen any of those films I mentioned you can't possible think Aquaman is worse than any of those. I didn't even mention films like catwoman, the original Dr. Strange, Turkish Spiderman, any of the 4 fantastic four movies and so many other films that are so much worse.

• Like 1

It's always disappointing that Aquaman gets relegated as "the fish guy".

Dude has a sweet set of powers, abilities, and privileges. Control over water, super strength, super durability, magic trident, commander over the armies of atlantis. And the fish communication can be used to summon stuff like giant squids, megalodons, the Kraken, and even micro organisms. That last one is way more powerful than it sounds. *sigh* poor guy. 

Jx6rZ.png

Edited by danceswithsloths

12 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Nah, it has been too long since Dolph Lundgren has played a king...it was a part he was born to play :P

MV5BZWY5ZmQ3YzQtMDkwOS00YzgxLWIyN2MtYTI4

Anyways I find most new movies to be atrocious so when something like Aquaman comes along I can just sit back and laugh at how amazingly dumb it is. 

And if you have seen any of those films I mentioned you can't possible think Aquaman is worse than any of those. I didn't even mention films like catwoman, the original Dr. Strange, Turkish Spiderman, any of the 4 fantastic four movies and so many other films that are so much worse.

Did you just say...

”turkish spiderman”

lmao

i give up, you win!

You clearly can sit through and watch more terrible movies than me, i didnt even know there was a turkish spiderman

as for catwoman, as hot as Halle Berry is i had no interest in that film so i never watched it

so i will retract my statement as aquaman being the worst super hero movie ever to the worst recent super hero movie ;)

2 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

It's always disappointing that Aquaman gets relegated as "the fish guy".

Dude has a sweet set of powers, abilities, and privileges. Control over water, super strength, super durability, magic trident, commander over the armies of atlantis. And the fish communication can be used to summon stuff like giant squids, megalodons, and even the Kraken. *sigh* poor guy. 

Jx6rZ.png

I blame this old show for everybody hating on Aquaman

Image result for aquaman parody gif

3 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Did you just say...

”turkish spiderman”

lmao

i give up, you win!

You clearly can sit through and watch more terrible movies than me, i didnt even know there was a turkish spiderman

as for catwoman, as hot as Halle Berry is i had no interest in that film so i never watched it

so i will retract my statement as aquaman being the worst super hero movie ever to the worst recent super hero movie ;)

Don't forget Turkish Superman. Turkish Superman is the best Superman.

Image result for turkish superman

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Did you just say...

”turkish spiderman”

lmao

i give up, you win!

Dude, you got to watch some Turkish films...they are insane. 

And yes I have seen more terrible films than I probably should :P

Also just to finish it all off...I forgot about Superman the Musical ^_^ If you want the whole thing is on Youtube.